Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need an aerial?

• 14-12-2019 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I have picked up a TV for an elderly couple, they are watching it in their bedroom. It is a smart TV and saorview enabled. They watch Netflix on it, but there are no other channels.

What can I do to help? There is no aerial and cable. Do I need this, or is there a digital box or something I can get that doesn't require the aerial and cable runs and drilling etc?

They're just looking for basic Irish channels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Don Joe wrote: »
    I have picked up a TV for an elderly couple, they are watching it in their bedroom. It is a smart TV and saorview enabled. They watch Netflix on it, but there are no other channels.

What can I do to help? There is no aerial and cable. Do I need this, or is there a digital box or something I can get that doesn't require the aerial and cable runs and drilling etc?

For Irish Saorview channels you need an aerial. The type will depend on how far you are from a transmitter

Advertisement