Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble Undoing Bootcamp

• 14-12-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

I used BootCamp assistant a few months ago to set up a partition on my MacBook Pro to install Windows. I used it for about a day and haven't booted it into Windows since. Storage space is filling up on my hard drive so I used BootCamp assistant again a few days ago to delete the partition to try and restore the 50GB I wasn't using. I'm not sure exactly what happened but now it appears to have done a half-job on it. I can't boot into Windows and can't see the Windows partition in Disk Utility, but the 50GB remains inaccessible. When I go into partition settings I can see the 50GB as "free space":

49213814882_236ee9d784.jpg

but when I try to delete it/merge it with the rest of the hard drive -

49213814372_0df19222b8.jpg

I get this error/operation failed message:

49213157108_30fe2f506b.jpg

As you may be able to tell from my explanation of things, I haven't a f*cking clue what I'm doing so any help or advice in unlocking that storage space would be appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement