Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My3 service down

Options
  • 14-12-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭

Unable to login:
    Sorry, You have entered your login details incorrectly too many times, your account will now be disabled for a short period. Please try again later.
    That is happening to all accounts i have on first attempt.
    Top up is not working either - just got €20 voucher "unrecognized":
    From Three. Thanks, we're processing your top-up and will confirm by text when completed. Please don't top up until you get confirmation.
    followed by:
    From Three. Sorry. Your top up didn't work this time. Is your voucher number correct? Check it and try again
    Chat agent attempted from his side and it failed as well - suggested to go back to the store and ask them why is not working.

Can some one confirm My3 is global issue or its just me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Funny, they start:
    Agent:To further improve the quality of your Three service, we are currently carrying out some
    scheduled system upgrades. My3 is unavailable due to essential maintenance work, but we'll be back
    up again soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused
    and after
    You: Copy/Paste ist it.
    Agent:Its not a copy paste its the ongoing issue

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Can some one confirm My3 is global issue or its just me.
    Thanks

I can confirm the same at my end with both my Three prepay and broadband #s, i.e. says "Sorry, You have entered your login details incorrectly too many times..."

Three do do some work - noticed good speed this morning...usually ~ 80 and now 128

some drop during daytime ~ 110, still holding ~40 now(full house users) - delighted

497622.JPG

Checked stats on router - cell ID that i never seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Three do do some work - noticed good speed this morning...usually ~ 80 and now 128

some drop during daytime ~ 110, still holding ~40 now(full house users) - delighted

497622.JPG

Checked stats on router - cell ID that i never seen before.

What part Galway you in? What is cellid number?

irishchris wrote: »
    What part Galway you in? What is cellid number?
    Never said i am from Galway, server choice random by Speedtest.

From what i could gather its not new mast, just additional cells that covering both 3 and 20 bands (original was just 20).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Never said i am from Galway, server choice random by Speedtest.

From what i could gather its not new mast, just additional cells that covering both 3 and 20 bands (original was just 20).

Is this a rural mast or Urban? Interested to know as in Rural area myself

irishchris wrote: »
    Is this a rural mast or Urban? Interested to know as in Rural area myself
    Mast based in small village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Those speeds are excellent Smuggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I can well understand his reasons for not publicising his location. I didn't think such speeds were even possible on Three. So much for them throttling! That's as good as a 150mb FTTH on the face of it. You must have the cell sector almost all to yourself.

Those speeds are excellent Smuggler.
    westyIrl wrote: »
    I can well understand his reasons for not publicising his location. I didn't think such speeds were even possible on Three. So much for them throttling! That's as good as a 150mb FTTH on the face of it. You must have the cell sector almost all to yourself.
    As long as it will last...
    Need do some more testing, will consider to readjust my antenna a bit, but current "peak time" speed somewhat OK: with streaming ongoing by household members and wind rocking antenna still ranging 40~60

497930.JPG

Imagine, there was "Imagine" sales agent at my door today poring excitement about "new mast" introduced in the area and promising speeds up to 150 on "5G" network. Coincidence? Might be everyone moved to them and this give me boost...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

As long as it will last...
    Need do some more testing, will consider to readjust my antenna a bit, but current "peak time" speed somewhat OK: with streaming ongoing by household members and wind rocking antenna still ranging 40~60

Thanks for that info smuggler. Can I ask what distance are you at from the mast? I'm assuming you're not getting these speeds on 800MHz (B20)?

I have a similar setup with a Poynting 4g-xpol-a0002 rocking in the wind due to mast height. Doesn't seem to bother its throughput so far. Locked on very stable 3G on nearby mast however as further away 4G mast is congested.

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »
    Thanks for that info smuggler. Can I ask what distance are you at from the mast? I'm assuming you're not getting these speeds on 800MHz (B20)?

I have a similar setup with a Poynting 4g-xpol-a0002 rocking in the wind due to mast height. Doesn't seem to bother its throughput so far. Locked on very stable 3G on nearby mast however as further away 4G mast is congested.

Jim
    See, yours is what..200x200 mm, might be 250x250.
    My directional sit on 900 dish. Possibly it has no substantial effect, but it rocks.

As mentioned above - this new cell appear to cover both 3 and 20
    Distance ~4km if not mistaking, not seen new towers rising there so it must be on same one(to be confirmed).

My antenna is not pointing directly to that mast, ~15° off

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

New sites are rare, the main provider is ESBN so unless you get a new substation you don't tend to get a new mast from my observations.

Three are somewhat blocked for 5G so are still hammering into 4G deployments. With aggregated bands you can hit 300Mb. Even if your own cell doesn't get an upgrade the neighbouring ones being done can give you relief from congestion.

ED E wrote: »
    New sites are rare, the main provider is ESBN so unless you get a new substation you don't tend to get a new mast from my observations.

Three are somewhat blocked for 5G so are still hammering into 4G deployments. With aggregated bands you can hit 300Mb. Even if your own cell doesn't get an upgrade the neighbouring ones being done can give you relief from congestion.
    As per other thread we had conversation, i was aiming to "lock" to a specific cell and had it(two sectors alternating). Now, out of nowhere, this new one appear and signal so strong i am not able to catch previous, despite i still get them on the phone from nearby location.

Speeds now very good, but i might play with antenna again and see if can get better.
    On this new one i get two sectors alternating again, but other sector showed up only twice up to date and very briefly.

Can't see if there is 5G as non of my devices can support it.

Current:

498094.JPG498096.JPG
    Meas Sum: Min 60.33|Mid79.59|Max 103.07|52% Variance

Advertisement