Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Runner that slapped reporters ass, is facing criminal charges

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He should have grabbed her by the pussy.

Be grand then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon they're gonna make a statement with this guy. He's gonna get the book thrown at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

New game

THE ASS SLAP

How many asses can you slap, before you get 25 to life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You can't be doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Good. Don't slap strangers asses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since CNN is fake news, did it really happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The world I grewd up in is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

There's positive and negative at play here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Snowflakes taking over the world....

They should lock him up and throw away the key. Twitter as judge, jury and executioner. We live in a hyperbolic age where the punishment exceeds the crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

What a creep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

We live in a hyperbolic age where the punishment exceeds the crime.

Except if you have multiple offences or it's a serious crime, then the opposite is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

During an interview with WSAV on Tuesday, Callaway apologized to Bozarjian saying, "Alex, I am sorry. I did not mean to do this. I think you're a great, great asset to this community and to the local media and to the national media. You're very talented. You're an amazing woman from what I've gathered, and I apologize."

See what he did there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Disappointed in everyone in this thread. Its not ass, that's a small donkey, it's arse for f*ck sake. ARSE.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

She's right to be angry at him for doing that while she was reporting on live television, but this seems extreme. Sexual battery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

It was assault. Whatever the punishment is for it in that state, that's what he should get. He thought he could get away with it. This shows he was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So he works with children.

#Role model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Raconteuse wrote: »
    She's right to be angry at him for doing that while she was reporting on live television, but this seems extreme. Sexual battery?

From what I can gather, that's what most states call it when there's no penetration, which they call rape or sexual assault. But some states also include sexual battery in the penetrative terms. 'Merica!

If yer man can convince a court that he just did it without thinking but had absolutely no sexual intentions there, he might get away with it, or get a lesser charge of just battery/assault. But I reckon he screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Funny how he’s going to do time for slapping a woman’s arse and yet Bill Clinton goes to pedo island on numerous occasions and yet walks free.

• Advertisement

pearcider wrote: »
    Funny how he’s going to do time for slapping a woman’s arse and yet Bill Clinton goes to pedo island on numerous occasions and yet walks free.

Blah blah blah. Whatabout blah blah.

Runner was a dope.

Reporter is a total drama queen.

They both deserve a kick in the hole.

He'll probably just get a slap on the wrists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The story that was big this week.
    The runner who slapped the news reporter's ass.

He has now been charged with sexual battery, and has turned himself in.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/14/us/runner-hits-report-backside-charge-trnd/index.html

I know ..i keep telling men its a criminal offense ...be more aware. They keep laughing at me ..'Criminal offense my arse' ok smarty pants its YOUR life you are putting on the line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

What this guy did was clearly wrong...but the charges against him are completely over the top.

We really are losing the run of ourselves with PC nonsense and I say that as an out and proud gay man who is a firm believer in equality and social justice.

Whatever happened to common sense? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

They should lock him up and throw away the key. Twitter as judge, jury and executioner. We live in a hyperbolic age where the punishment exceeds the crime.

I wish.
    I find punishment rarely fits the crime and so people get tens of convictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Homelander

What he did was idiotic and ill-advised and he perhaps deserved the shame of it going viral, but criminal charges is way OTT. The ridiculous painting of this guy as Jeffery Epstein Jr from some sectors really does no credit to victims of serious assault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This guy could be in a bit of trouble, they will make an example out of him.

Send out a message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If thats sexual battery, Jürgen Klopp is a serial offender.
    He's constantly slapping asses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Unless you actually commit a real crime..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

pearcider wrote: »
    Bill Clinton goes to pedo island on numerous occasions and yet walks free.

Where is this pedo island?
    Has it got some connection to a pizza restaurant by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

It could have been worse, look at what happened this lady reporter going about her duties

https://www.facebook.com/crazyinsanitypage/videos/1281933351968366/?t=3

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The world I grewd up in is gone

Yeah maybe. That being the case it’s a good thing you realised it’s gone without going around slapping strangers arses and expecting them to think you make a great joke.

Maybe arse slapping was a good joke back in your day. Maybe it was high brow humour and a sure sign of a sophisticated bloke.... but it ain’t the 70s anymore. So you probably need to get used to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

blade1 wrote: »

Ah, that island. I thought Clinton never visited, but David Copperfield has.
    I always though magicians were a bit of an odd sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Yes make an issue of it and embarrass him but pressing charges and ruining the guys life is completely over the top.

In this uber sensitive world that being created I can guarantee you she had transgressed a line or two in her time and I hope it comes to light to show the hypocrisy and ridiculousness that this movement has led to. If I was to press charges for every time my arse was slapped or pinched by a girl in a night club I'd have put more people in jail than Columbo. It's not the end of the world. Obviously more distressing for females than males but the shoe is on the other foot more often than not. If this was a male reporter and female runner it wouldn't see the light of day.

Effects wrote: »
    I always though magicians were a bit of an odd sort.

Tricksters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Read about this on George Takei's page. All his followers want the guy punished. Stranegly they've forgiven George for grabbing people by the junk.

Personal opinion is he should maybe have gotten a fine, but he's already been dragged over the coals publicly. Maybe that's enough.

Humiliating him worldwide is justice enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Humiliating him worldwide is justice enough.

She seems like a header though so she's going all the way with this. He took her power apparently and she wants it back. Whatever that means. It's like bad plot for an episode of power rangers

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    She seems like a header though so she's going all the way with this. He took her power apparently and she wants it back. Whatever that means. It's like bad plot for an episode of power rangers

It's a boot up the hole she needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

My wife calls me a sexual battery that goes alllll night long

threeball wrote: »
    Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Yes make an issue of it and embarrass him but pressing charges and ruining the guys life is completely over the top.

In this uber sensitive world that being created I can guarantee you she had transgressed a line or two in her time and I hope it comes to light to show the hypocrisy and ridiculousness that this movement has led to. If I was to press charges for every time my arse was slapped or pinched by a girl in a night club I'd have put more people in jail than Columbo. It's not the end of the world. Obviously more distressing for females than males but the shoe is on the other foot more often than not. If this was a male reporter and female runner it wouldn't see the light of day.

Yeah, women shouldn't be touching your arse either. Maybe you don't mind being slapped on the arse, maybe you do mind. But if you don't see it as a big deal then that's ok, but you can't tell other people whats reasonable for them to feel.

The main thing about this case is the fact that it's on camera so there's no "woman alleges and man denys, #metoo. More #metoo nonsense".

The guy did it. Most people agree it's wrong to slap strangers arses. It's not a new development and I think there's very little room to get upset that he's being charged with doing the thing he admits he did.

Don't slap strangers arses. If you don't like having your arse slapped, feel encouraged by this case to be assertive.

It's a boot up the hole she needs.

God, that's interesting. What would be the benefits of a boot up the hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The guy was an idiot and deserves a bollocking for what he did but I wonder if the sexes were reversed would the same changes be brought against the injured party?

God, that's interesting. What would be the benefits of a boot up the hole?

A bit of perspective.

The guy was an idiot and deserves a bollocking for what he did but I wonder if the sexes were reversed would the same changes be brought against the injured party?

Depends most people agree that slapping strangers arses is wrong. The women have made a big deal out of it in the last few decades and it has momentum. I think if the sexes were reversed I thing it would surprise a lot of people because a lot of people haven't heard men complain about it like women have done.

I think it would be completely reasonable to charge a woman in the same circumstance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

That guy is a tool for slapping her arse and she has a right to be annoyed. But pressing charges and he's now up for sexual battery? Jesus, that's madness. I've had my arse slapped and grabbed countless times, annoying and disrespectful sure but sexual battery it isn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarahdunners

It would be the guy that would need to bring the charges.

I think this story will remind everyone, both men and women, that it is not okay to grab some one's ass.

And that can only be a good thing.

A bit of perspective.

And a boot up the hole provides perspective? That's a new one on me.

I don't recommend booting strangers up the hole BTW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement