Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Runner that slapped reporters ass, is facing criminal charges

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

gmisk wrote: »
    I just read that the guy who slapped her ass...is a youth Minister and a boy scout troop leader...so he is totally f#cked!
    Maybe this incident will make some other people think before randomly slapping a total stranger!

I find it interesting how expandable he is to the people here. It's like, destroy his life, the life of someone who actually might be doing good as a youth minister, and as a father, to teach men a lesson.

Sure, you can say he brought it on himself, but the reporter is taking a level of sadism here that is hard to tolerate. As I've said before, the level of punishment here is if a man grabbed a 'sexual assaulting' woman and beat her up for a few hours and made her unable to work for a few years. What person would say that sadism is appropriate?

Edit: I also find it very suspicious that it was downgraded to assault and her lawyer told her not to post on twitter. I kind of believe he was going to slap her back tbh. Well, believes a strong word, but it is plausible enough to just accept the apology rather than ruin a man's life tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I find it interesting how expandable he is to the people here. It's like, destroy his life, the life of someone who actually might be doing good as a youth minister, and as a father, to teach men a lesson.

Nobody destroyed his life.Whats happening now,is of his own making.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarahdunners

Here is your problem.

You feel you are being disrespected because you are a woman. It's not because of that. You are being disrespected because people don't respect you.

Respect has to be earned and reciprocated.

Can you not see that?

Judging solely on your previous posts on this thread, it is clear that you have an issue with men based on past experiences.

That is understandable, but what you don't seem to realise is that not everyone has had your experiences and not everyone is so perpetually offended by lewd remarks about sex.

If you can't see outside the lens of your own experiences, you will always see the worst in people (men especially)

And unfortunately, the more you speak like you do, the more disrespect you will be shown and to be quite honest, I can't blame people for not respecting you when you generalise and show distain for groups of people based on the actions of a select few.

No.

I am not talking just for myself. As I said previously, I have met many, many women in Ireland who have been sexually assaulted.

It is a big problem. Don't bury your head in the sand over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,604 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Sure, you can say he brought it on himself, but the reporter is taking a level of sadism here that is hard to tolerate. As I've said before, the level of punishment here is if a man grabbed a 'sexual assaulting' woman and beat her up for a few hours and made her unable to work for a few years. What person would say that sadism is appropriate?

Edit: I also find it very suspicious that it was downgraded to assault and her lawyer told her not to post on twitter. I kind of believe he was going to slap her back tbh. Well, believes a strong word, but it is plausible enough to just accept the apology rather than ruin a man's life tbh.

Of course you'd be inclined to believe he only wanted to slap her lower back. Sure everyone knows about the 'lower back slapping' banter. Christ if you find it believable...

Also the poster said people will learn from it. You're imposing the part about men. I would stick with 'people' because I think plenty of women don't take slapping/grabbing men as being serious. That's partly because it hasn't been highlighted as a crime against men and, men are more likely to mock a man who would report it - as demonstrated in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarahdunners

I was thinking today, I have heard alot of men talk about women in a sexually violent way.

Including here on After hours, I have often seen men talking about women in sexually violent and degrading ways. And I was thinking, why?

I saw this in a research article today , it said:

"Psychoanalysts opine that deep down, men are convinced of a woman’s inferiority, and are traumatised when she seems to hold power over them through her sexuality. The act of sex brings out the worst in men because men fear the sexual power a woman holds over them. A man’s desire and need for a woman, brings with it his dependence on her, and he fears she may reduce the male sense of power and control, which he wields in almost every sphere of life — politics, society, home, office. And so, he sees her as the enemy who must be beaten down, subjugated in order to establish his own sway."

So it is because some men want women so badly, that they then feel vulnerable. They don't like feeling vulnerable - and then they talk about women in aggressive, violent terms.

What do you think?

No.

I am not talking just for myself. As I said previously, I have met many, many women in Ireland who have been sexually assaulted.

Nobody is burying their head in the and.But you cant tar all men with the same brush.

No.

Again, you have chosen to misrepresent what has been said.

I never said you feel like you are speaking for yourself, in fact, my point was that you are attempting to speak for all women, and all women do not feel the same as you.

And it is dangerous, and frankly stupid, to think you have some sort of affinity to, and be the spokesperson for all people who happen to possess the same genitalia as you.

I am sure you have met people who share your experiences. I'm positive you have met more that don't.

I have never said that sexual assault is not an issue so I don't know why you assumed I am burying my head in the sand.

But you seem to think that all women deserve respect for the sole reason that they are a woman.

That will not and can not ever happen.

Respect has to be earned, regardless of gender.

dubstarr wrote: »

Nobody destroyed his life.Whats happening now,is of his own making.

Again, if a man beats up a woman for touching his bottom, would you say it is of her own making?

Again, you have chosen to misrepresent what has been said.

I never said you feel like you are speaking for yourself, in fact, my point was that you are attempting to speak for all women, and all women do not feel the same as you.

And it is dangerous, and frankly stupid, to think you have some sort of affinity to, and be the spokesperson for all people who happen to possess the same genitalia as you.

I am sure you have met people who share your experiences. I'm positive you have met more that don't.

I have never said that sexual assault is not an issue so I don't know why you assumed I am burying my head in the sand.

But you seem to think that all women deserve respect for the sole reason that they are a woman.

That will not and can not ever happen.

Respect has to be earned, regardless of gender.

As I sidenote I've seen the word 'handmaiden' thrown around lately. It means a woman who supports the patriarchy, and I just it funny tbh.

• Advertisement

I was thinking today, I have heard alot of men talk about women in a sexually violent way.

Including here on After hours, I have often seen men talking about women in sexually violent and degrading ways. And I was thinking, why?

"Psychoanalysts opine that deep down, men are convinced of a woman’s inferiority, and are traumatised when she seems to hold power over them through her sexuality. The act of sex brings out the worst in men because men fear the sexual power a woman holds over them. A man’s desire and need for a woman, brings with it his dependence on her, and he fears she may reduce the male sense of power and control, which he wields in almost every sphere of life — politics, society, home, office. And so, he sees her as the enemy who must be beaten down, subjugated in order to establish his own sway."

So it is because some men want women so badly, that they then feel vulnerable. They don't like feeling vulnerable - and then they talk about women in aggressive, violent terms.

What do you think?

Where is that research article from?

Actually a quick google search showed me

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/O-zone/why-men-hate-women/

Now forgive me for not taking this without a massive pinch of salt but an article entitled "Why men hate women" is not something I would even consider to be a balanced or fair article.

If you surround yourself with, and propagate disgustingly unbalanced articles like that, it's no wonder you can not and should not be taken seriously as was said to you previously

Again, if a man beats up a woman for touching his bottom, would you say it is of her own making?

It would probably be a disproportionate response. Do you think the man was beaten up? More to the point; do you know how analogies work? LOL

It would probably be a disproportionate response. Do you think the man was beaten up? More to the point; do you know how analogies work? LOL

I'm not going to waste my time replying to you tbh.

Now forgive me for not taking this without a massive pinch of salt but an article entitled "Why men hate women" is not something I would even consider to be a balanced or fair article.

If you surround yourself with, and propagate disgustingly unbalanced articles like that, it's no wonder you can not and should not be taken seriously as was said to you previously

It's also a little bit self congratulotory. 'Men hate me because they are so desious of me'.

I'm not going to waste my time replying to you tbh.

Aww, shucks. But I find your responses so insightful. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I wonder in a few months will you be calling this man a rapist in the same way your calling that guy a stalker? :rolleyes:

I honestly think there should be laws against exagerating 'sex' crimes tbh as you end up with the above posters absurdity.

there should certainly be laws against downplaying sexual crimes. that is rampant here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Homelander

That person is quite obviously the same person who has registered multiple accounts, each showing a blatant, overwhelming bias towards the male gender, and making wild claims like Ireland is recognised abroad as the most woman-hating nation on earth, hatred of women is an Irish tradition passed down through generations, and other utterly vitriolic rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

That's not a "research article." It's a six-year-old opinion piece by Vinita Dawra Nangia, executive editor of the Times of India.

Possibly this reflects the author's experience of life in India—which has a hierarchical social order based around caste and gender, and thus very different norms for the treatment of women—but it's a huge leap to propose that this describes Ireland in 2019.

It takes quite a fevered radical feminist imagination to propose with a straight face that men see women as their enemy.

Most Irish couples I know are both working, paying mortgages, raising kids together, and supporting one another through life's ups and downs. It's certainly the case in a minority of unfortunate relationships that one partner may be "beaten down and subjugated" — although the abuser is not always the man, and such relationships are not the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Probably written but one of Sarahs Buddies. And she has the cheek to write about men hating women when she has professed nothing but vitriol and hate about men throughout the entire thread

Thats not what happened though.Jesus are you hard of thinking or something.

She didnt beat him up for touching her arse.did she.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

How much are turnips going for these days?

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Thats not what happened though.Jesus are you hard of thinking or something.

She didnt beat him up for touching her arse.did she.?

Soft power vs hard power.

A banana would be better for the purpose your looking for :D

A banana would be better for the purpose your looking for :D

This character has lost the plot. Bananas indeed.

This character has lost the plot. Bananas indeed.

Hmmm, it's interesting how you talk about mental health a lot on this forum and you are now using it as an insult.

It is 'indeed' interesting el dude.

I shouldn't give negative attention a second time, but I am curious what you meant by this comment? I doubt you will answer, but you never know. You might show some kind of intelligience. :D

I shouldn't give negative attention a second time, but I am curious what you meant by this comment? I doubt you will answer, but you never know. You might show some kind of intelligience. :D

Hey.. less of the insults.. I'm playing nice, you should too.

Since you asked though, I will explain:

Are you Irish - native, out of interest? -

Basically - my post was a shorter version of "what the hell has that got to do with the price of turnips?" as in - "what relevance does your question or statement have to do with the current discussion?"

I don't need to go on...

Hey.. less of the insults.. I'm playing nice, you should too.

Since you asked though, I will explain:

Are you Irish - native, out of interest? -

Basically - my post was a shorter version of "what the hell has that got to do with the price of turnips?" as in - "what relevance does your question or statement have to do with the current discussion?"

I don't need to go on...

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were implying I was a farmer or something and, I was about to say there's nothing wrong with creating food and safety for your family wiht hard labour.

Sorry for the insult. If you want I can delete it?

To answer the question, I have picked the hard power version of what the woman is doing. You could say reverse everything, but, truth be told, I feel like women have less to fear in regard to being portrayed as a predator, being brought to court and, perhaps, percentage wise, have less to fear in losing their jobs due to more support in regards to homeless shelters, goverment bodies, and, again percentage wise, are not the sole breadwinner.

So, the mention of 'hard power' was I guess the 'male version' of an absurd sadistic punishment.

Ah, my mistake. I thought you were implying I was a farmer or something and, I was about to say there's nothing wrong with creating food and safety for your family wiht hard labour.

Sorry for the insult. If you want I can delete it?

To answer the question, I have picked the hard power version of what the woman is doing. You could say reverse everything, but, truth be told, I feel like women have less to fear in regard to being portrayed as a predator, being brought to court and, perhaps, percentage wise, have less to fear in losing their jobs due to more support in regards to homeless shelters, goverment bodies, and, again percentage wise, are not the sole breadwinner.

So, the mention of 'hard power' was I guess the 'male version' of an absurd sadistic punishment.

Oh god no, I am bog-dwelling semi-farm stock so wouldn't be against a bit of work. All in all a bit of a bumpkin to be honest.

Nah, not insulted at all - wouldn't fret :)

I wouldnt totally disagree with you on the above, but what I do disagree with is any notion against the fact that the ass slapper in this incident 100% brought absolutely everything on himself by slapping her on live tv for all the world to see. She's just a (unfortunate, unsuspecting) vessel for his own stupidity.

Hmmm, it's interesting how you talk about mental health a lot on this forum and you are now using it as an insult.

It is 'indeed' interesting el dude.

Oh i'm not suggesting you have a mental illness. I'm just suggesting that you ran out of sensible things to say and now you're down to making off the wall analogies like "if a man beats up a woman for touching his bottom, would you say it is of her own making?".

If you had remotely relevant things to say, you'd probably just say them instead of this kind of nonsense.

Oh yes, woman on man violence is taken less seriously than man on woman violence. Even to the point of Gardai taking it less seriously. One reason was demonstrated by the clown a couple of pages ago who called men who would report being slapped/grabbed a "snowflake" and similar. That's precisely the kind of thing that reduces the chances of men reporting these things and having it taken more seriously.

The simple difference is that over the years enough women have stood firm and demanded to have their concerns taken seriously. Men would benefit from doing the same and not ridiculing those who take the first step.

It's interesting how you'll never fail to notice when a men's issue is taken less seriously than a women's issue, and never fail to miss the reasons why it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Oh yes, woman on man violence is taken less seriously than man on woman violence. Even to the point of Gardai taking it less seriously. One reason was demonstrated by the clown a couple of pages ago who called men who would report being slapped/grabbed a "snowflake" and similar. That's precisely the kind of thing that reduces the chances of men reporting these things and having it taken more seriously.

The simple difference is that over the years enough women have stood firm and demanded to have their concerns taken seriously. Men would benefit from doing the same and not ridiculing those who take the first step.

It's interesting how you'll never fail to notice when a men's issue is taken less seriously than a men's issue, and never fail to miss the reasons why it happens.

I’ve only read a few pages of this thread but I can honestly say, of the pages I have read and of all the posts you have put up, I haven’t the faintest f*cking idea what you are trying to say or what point you are trying to make.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

has her ass given an impact statement yet

does it have its own channel

maybe it identifies as a hand

I’ve only read a few pages of this thread but I can honestly say, of the pages I have read and of all the posts you have put up, I haven’t the faintest f*cking idea what you are trying to say or what point you are trying to make.

OK. I don't think it's that complicated.

If you want to know, you'll probably ask.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Possibly this reflects the author's experience of life in India—which has a hierarchical social order based around caste and gender, and thus very different norms for the treatment of women—but it's a huge leap to propose that this describes Ireland in 2019.
    It's deluded to the point of madness.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I must admit, but this is kind of funny.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4WEoC5A9zb/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The same sense of entitlement that allowed that runner to believe he could slap her ass without repercussions is the same as that which killed Nadine Lott and allowed her murderer to offer a sorry when charged with her murder! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

I've only skimmed the responses on here, but going back to the original point: the professional jounalist was at work and someone (for all intents and purposes, a client) touched her arse. So should all women at work accept 'a pat on the arse' from our customers? It happened to me me in my workplace, and yes I took the ****er to court... turned out he'd been giving 'pats on the arse' to his female colleagues for years! Prick!

I must admit, but this is kind of funny.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4WEoC5A9zb/

I don't get it? Why are you admitting and why is it kind of funny? Looks Like a lass on a bloke's shoulders. What am I missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

The same sense of entitlement that allowed that runner to believe he could slap her ass without repercussions is the same as that which killed Nadine Lott and allowed her murderer to offer a sorry when charged with her murder! :mad:

Wow..... just wow.

• Advertisement

Ah, look, It all seems to have gone a bit mad.

Salient facts are these:
    A bloke slapped a woman on the arse thinking it was funny.
    Turns out its not funny but it is a criminal offense.
    Some people dispute that it should be a criminal offense for reasons.
    Slapping arses without consent remains a crime and the bloke is being charged appropriately.
    The end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

blade1 wrote: »
    If thats sexual battery, Jürgen Klopp is a serial offender.
    He's constantly slapping asses.

Yeah, but come on.....he's Jurgen Klopp he can do whatever the fúck he wants, and that's exactly how it should be!

Sweet Jesus, talk about exaggerating for effect!
    LaFuton wrote: »

i think aristotle said it best when he said yall biatches b trippn

Showing your ignorance there buddy.

It was Plato who said yall bitches be trippin ffs:mad::mad:

.......and he was right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah, but come on.....he's Jurgen Klopp he can do whatever the fúck he wants,

If you are a Liverpool player and your arse isn't getting slapped frequently by Klopp, you need to take a good long hard look at yourself.

Ah, look, It all seems to have gone a bit mad.

Salient facts are these:
    A bloke slapped a woman on the arse thinking it was funny.
    Turns out its not funny but it is a criminal offense.
    Some people dispute that it should be a criminal offense for reasons.
    Slapping arses without consent remains a crime and the bloke is being charged appropriately.
    The end

I personally don't think he slapped her arse from watching the video. I think it as actually the middle of the back which is actually a motivating gesture.

But, irregardless, unless we have video footage of hand on arse, I feel like we shouldn't say it was hand on arse in regards to legal matters.

threeball wrote: »
    Wow..... just wow.

Not that suprising tbh. It's pretty much past the point of no return that all male actions are seen as interlinked somehow.

I personally don't think he slapped her arse from watching the video. I think it as actually the middle of the back which is actually a motivating gesture.

But, irregardless, unless we have video footage of hand on arse, I feel like we shouldn't say it was hand on arse in regards to legal matters.

Oh Lord. Does the fact that he admitted he slapped her arse and apologised for slapping her arse, have any bearing on your opinion? Your opinion should probably be unirregardful of the fact that he actually says he slapped her arse (by accident but that's beside the point as he said he did it).

Of are you just messing?

• Advertisement

Oh Lord. Does the fact that he admitted he slapped her arse and apologised for slapping her arse, have any bearing on your opinion? Your opinion should probably be unirregardful of the fact that he actually says he slapped her arse (by accident but that's beside the point as he said he did it).

Of are you just messing?

He didn't say he slapped her arse? He said he was not aware where he slaped. Can you provide a qoute as I am curious?

If he hadn't slapped her arse, I'm sure at least one of the legions of runners both beside and behind him (who would mainly have been looking in the direction of the camera/reporters back) would have piped up by now in his defence. That hasn't happened, but don't let that get in the way of a good persecution complex.

I still maintain a simple stance on this: you don't run up behind someone and slap them. Anywhere on their body. Just today I was walking on a busy street, and I managed not to slap a single person. It's actually quite easy.

Candie wrote: »

I still maintain a simple stance on this: you don't run up behind someone and slap them. Anywhere on their body. Just today I was walking on a busy street, and I managed not to slap a single person. It's actually quite easy.

Yeah but if a man didn't and did what yes feminist snowflake what

Yeah but if a man didn't and did what yes feminist snowflake what

Whatabouty gendery reversery but but? Broflake femininisters. :(

PC GONE MAD.

He didn't say he slapped her arse? He said he was not aware where he slaped. Can you provide a qoute as I am curious?

Yeah you're right. He said he wanted to slap her lower back but can't be sure where he slapped her. Sounds like exactly what his lawyer told him to say.

I suppose the question becomes, why did he want to slap her lower back? And why would anyone actually believe it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement