Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness/workout game to use with Kinect

• 14-12-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for a fitness game to use with Kinect (dug it out).
    I know Fitness had Insanity (extremely intense workout) was available before. Any recommendations please?
    Would also go for one without Kinect, if it's better.
    Thanks
    Pa

Comments

They retired the Xbox Fitness app for xbox a few years ago I think. Kinect has zero support now either.

Off the top of my head I think Fitbit might have an app for Xbox though. Fitbit Coach or something like that.

Personally I just use the free pilates videos on youtube and a yoga mat :D

Xbox fitness was fantastic. Worst decision ever to give into the Twitter mob and retire kinect. Imagine what they could do with it now with game pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Xbox fitness was fantastic. Worst decision ever to give into the Twitter mob and retire kinect. Imagine what they could do with it now with game pass.

A fair point. If it was still kicking around you could try the games that were apart of gamepass. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers for the replies.
    I'm using Joe Wicks 'The Body Coach' workouts from Youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1

Oh how I wish I had Xbox fitness right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

feck, i finally got an adapter cable for the kinect then find there's no xbox fitness. Are kinect games still available for kids?

ablelocks wrote: »
    feck, i finally got an adapter cable for the kinect then find there's no xbox fitness. Are kinect games still available for kids?
    I'm not sure kinect works at all anymore? I could be wrong though.

It's a pity, I think if it was still around they could be pumping out content for it on game pass. People would not complain about getting free stuff for it.

The whole negativity around it was a complete spamming campaign and the height of the childish console wars. I really hope we are not going to see all that again now with the next gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Oh how I wish I had Xbox fitness right now!

I was thinking that the other day. It truly was an idea ahead of its time and which I think would be surging in popularity right now.

Look at Nintendo Switch, for example, where the Ring Fit Adventure game is almost impossible to find in stock anywhere.

Meanwhile Xbox, which had a far better monitoring system available to it and which could give quality feedback on how you were actually performing in the workout. Nothing.

I would be certain that Kinect sales would have gone off the charts in last few weeks, if people knew that they would be able to avail of this service.

ablelocks wrote: »

Mine got a kick out of Microsoft Kinect Sports Rivals. Disneyland Adventures and Fantasia to an extent. TBH, I took the Kinect down after Xbox fitness disbanded.
    dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a fitness game to use with Kinect (dug it out).
    I know Fitness had Insanity (extremely intense workout) was available before. Any recommendations please?
    Would also go for one without Kinect, if it's better.
    Thanks
    Pa

I did find some of the programmes from Xbox Fitness saved on YouTube. That was a nostalgic option. :P YO30 Yoga, for example. I couldn't find the exact Insanity programme from Xbox(which I liked) but there were other sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

The Kinect does work of course.

I would just use youtube myself tbh, there's everything for exercise available there for free.

Advertisement