Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching FTTH providers

• 14-12-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Looking at jumping the Eir ship from my initial FTTH connection package to another provider ...but Ive been told they cant do anything until the line is inactive and then I can move is that the norm ? 10 working days to reactivate ? .....Link me in if this has been asked before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

Vego wrote: »
    Looking at jumping the Eir ship from my initial FTTH connection package to another provider ...but Ive been told they cant do anything until the line is inactive and then I can move is that the norm ? 10 working days to reactivate ? .....Link me in if this has been asked before
    The Isp you choose will handle the switch over.Im with airwire they have unlimited download with no caps and good customers services I would recommend them to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

rob808 wrote: »
    The Isp you choose will handle the switch over.Im with airwire they have unlimited download with no caps and good customers services I would recommend them to you.

Went to change my Tripleplay package with Sky and they told me to contact Eir myself with the FTTH they cant touch the line until its inactive ..the loyalty "offer" eir gave me to stay was double that of vodafone or sky

Went to change my Tripleplay package with Sky and they told me to contact Eir myself with the FTTH they cant touch the line until its inactive ..the loyalty "offer" eir gave me to stay was double that of vodafone or sky
    yea you have to give Eir 30 day notice that your leaving and change provider in writing or by calling them.I done it by writing there usually only 1 day of down time.Im not sure about sky with airwire it was straight forward and easy.

Cool will have a look

Cool will have a look
    yea man do they have a great customers services and very helpful.

• Advertisement

Update : so cancelled the eir TV went back to sky ..nice deal in the black Friday ...told eir I wanted out of the phone and broadband ....they initially looked into what was the best offer they could possibly give ....I was like no thanks then they have me another offer the best possible apparently so I said I would ring them back in a day or two ....rang again after a few days said yeah I'm 100% going can't touch sky for the user interface and the bundle deal is too good to turn down ....I would have liked to have stayed etc as to be fair I've had no issue with the service etc ......HOLD THE LINE SIR ......came back ...if we managed to offer near or match the sky product would you stay .....YES!!! so in with Eir for another 12 months ....forgot to ask if I get a new router tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Update : so cancelled the eir TV went back to sky ..nice deal in the black Friday ...told eir I wanted out of the phone and broadband ....they initially looked into what was the best offer they could possibly give ....I was like no thanks then they have me another offer the best possible apparently so I said I would ring them back in a day or two ....rang again after a few days said yeah I'm 100% going can't touch sky for the user interface and the bundle deal is too good to turn down ....I would have liked to have stayed etc as to be fair I've had no issue with the service etc ......HOLD THE LINE SIR ......came back ...if we managed to offer near or match the sky product would you stay .....YES!!! so in with Eir for another 12 months ....forgot to ask if I get a new router tho

Similar experience here. First CS agent I got at the beginning of December (just before renewal time) insisted there was no deal available. When I mentioned going to Sky or Digiweb, he then 'recalculated' and offered me a 'great deal' of 65.50, which was 8.50 more than the 57 I was paying. Said I'd think about it and hung up to ponder.

Because I was happy with the Eir service (especially Eir Talk) I reluctantly rang a few days later ready to accept the deal offered. Before I could actually agree to this, the lady offered to see what she could do. Lo and behold, she (unprompted) offered me a deal of 50, which is 7 less than I was paying for an expanded landline option and a whopping 15.50 less than the guy a few days before! This is cheaper than any other provider on the market for my 150 FTTH + unlimited talk via VOIP.

Do they pull their calculations out of the air or what? In any event, I'm a happy bunny and would advise people to keep ringing and see what different Eir CS agents offer until they get something that suits.

Advertisement