Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adapter or EU Charger realme X2 Pro

Options
  • 14-12-2019 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the right topic section but I'll chance it. Just got my realme X2 Pro but because I bought it through Amazon Spain, it came with EU socket. I want to use charger supplied as it's insanely fast but I need an adapter for it. It fits an adapter for electric shaver/toothbrush but is that a bad route to take? That shaver adapter is limited to 1amp. Don't know any other specs. Should I go out and buy a specific adapter as I will be using it with the charger full time? If so, any recommendations? Specs of charger are Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A. Output:5V 2A or 10V 5A Max for SUPERVOOC Flash Charge. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

The adapter will be fine.

Output of 10v at 5Amps equals 50VA,
    Mains Input wont be anymore than 50 @ 80% efficiency, equals 62.5VA

1Amp at 230V is 230VA, so the shaver adapter will be ok electrically.
    Not sure how phyically robust it is at only 1A...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

What do you mean by physically robust? Are you referring to wiring handling electric current (sorry I'm a total noob at this) or do you mean it having to put up with the weight of a charger hanging off of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭whizbang

Sorry, the charger sounds like its bigger, heavier, and usually with these adapters, they start to stick out of the wall too much..!

Oh so you mean you'd think it's just physically awkward. Yera I don't mind that. Fits beside the bed and it's a 50w charger so done in no time. Would you recommend switching to a slower charger when possible to preserve battery life in the long run?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A slow charge would prolong battery life. Rapid charging a battery can cause excessive heating which will lead to a more rapid drop off in performance.

• Advertisement

Thought as much. Would I be as well to get a really slow charger and throw a USB c cable into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The bigger factors which diminish mobile phone batteries are probably being regularly fully charged, and the phones being warm. With phones being updated and changed relatively regularly, faster charging is probably not so bad over its lifetime.

Although slower charging will likely prolong the usable life to some degree alright.

Isn't it better to almost fully discharge a phone and then recharge it or am I wrong (ik I'm being stingy here but tryna make this phone last as long as possible)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Isn't it better to almost fully discharge a phone and then recharge it or am I wrong

With lithium batteries, I dont think that is necessary, or prolongs life.
    (ik I'm being stingy here but tryna make this phone last as long as possible)
    Yea I dont change mine too often either. Usually through necessity, last one is at the bottom of lough Ennel for example, (if anyone happens to fish it out:D)

Advertisement