Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redeployment

• 14-12-2019 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭

Hello, a colleague is in their second year RPT and the school is over quota. Redeployment has been mentioned. After reading a few threads here, it seems redeployment is for permanent/CID teachers, does that rule out my colleague as they will be applying for CID in January and will be a second RPT teacher while the process of either voluntary/compulsory redeployment is being carried out. Am I correct here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

If it's primary they'll be on the supplementary panel... no idea about secondary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

It seems she may not get her CID, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

It seems she may not get her CID, unfortunately.

Why would that be? Criteria has changed for CID as you need two consecutive contracts to qualify. I think the viability of the post in third year has been removed. I will advise to contact the union for clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Why would that be? Criteria has changed for CID as you need two consecutive contracts to qualify. I think the viability of the post in third year has been removed. I will advise to contact the union for clarification.

I didn’t hear about the viability of the post for the third year being removed. Hopefully she’s okay so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I didn’t hear about the viability of the post for the third year being removed. Hopefully she’s okay so.

If the school is over quota and this teacher has yet to get a CID as it is only awarded at the beginning of year 3 then this teacher may lose their job. The only thing that would save them is if the subjects hours could not be covered by other staff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement