Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 31st

Options
  • 15-12-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭

So what's going to happen on January 31st?
    The UK have made their decision so when the trucks head off to ferries into Europe on Jan 31st what's going to happen?
    Will they all have to be searched?
    Have importation documents etc?

I suspect there will be another extension.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

20Cent wrote: »
    The UK have made their decision so when the trucks head off to ferries into Europe on Jan 31st what's going to happen?

These two statements don’t stack up.
    You can’t just keep extending forever and pretend it’s not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Does anyone know what fees will apply if you buy stuff on Amazon, e.g. if I spend 100 euro what extra should I expect to pay on import duties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

20Cent wrote: »

The UK is going to be in transition until December 2020. These questions will come up again provided the UK doesn't have an FTA agreed with the EU before then.

The difference is that the UK won't be extending EU membership because it is no longer a member. It will be extending the transitional terms until an FTA can be finalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

maxsmum wrote: »
    Does anyone know what fees will apply if you buy stuff on Amazon, e.g. if I spend 100 euro what extra should I expect to pay on import duties?

Bout three fiddy.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

The UK is going to be in transition until December 2020. These questions will come up again provided the UK doesn't have an FTA agreed with the EU before then.

The difference is that the UK won't be extending EU membership because it is no longer a member. It will be extending the transitional terms until an FTA can be finalized.

So nothing much then until next year.
    Even though it's bad for Ireland footage of 40 mile tailbacks at ports, British travellers complaining about queue's in airports, immigrants ex pats complaining about losing their healthcare in Spain etc etc would be entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

maxsmum wrote: »

€0, because the order will be fulfilled from within the EU.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We already have a Brexit thread - please keep Brexit-related discussion there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement