Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps to move my iPhone 6 data to my new IPhone 11

Options
  • 15-12-2019 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi all—-

Am getting a new 11 this week and it’s been years since I needed to Backup and Restore etc

So... has it gotten easier to move data from old phone t9 new phone. Is it still thru iTunes . I am paying €0.99 for 50gb iCloud but never really knew what it was doing etc. can I use this etc.

Am also passing 9n the 6 to my daughter... how do I clear it for her to start using it fresh etc

Sorry for the questions.... am a bit out of touch. Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Masala wrote: »
    Hi all—-

Am getting a new 11 this week and it’s been years since I needed to Backup and Restore etc

So... has it gotten easier to move data from old phone t9 new phone. Is it still thru iTunes . I am paying €0.99 for 50gb iCloud but never really knew what it was doing etc. can I use this etc.

Am also passing 9n the 6 to my daughter... how do I clear it for her to start using it fresh etc

Sorry for the questions.... am a bit out of touch. Thanks all

Well provided you've been backing the phone up to iCloud all this time then it should be very easy. You should check that the phone is backed up and if it isn't then you skould do it before you change phones.

So when you get your new phone and are going through the startup process you'll be given an option to set the phone up as new or restore from iCloud. You just select what backup you want.

Has your daughter had an iPhone before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I set up a iPhone 8 yesterday

It asked if I was transferring data from another iPhone to just bring them close and it transferred the data directly itself without backup or anything.

From a 6s to an 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

[quote="Itssoeasy;112022771"

Has your daughter had an iPhone before ?[/quote]

She has a 6 too but she cracked screen and going slow as only 8 gb. Mine is bigger on memory so she will have to figure how to move her data. !!!

PS... can I put her on my iCloud??

Advertisement