Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolf Nightmare Before Christmas Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That should put to bed any doubts about Rikand, so best to move on. For the record Drumpot that was a good spot. Feeling better about you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Well seeing as a mod has spoken, I'm less inclined to question Rik now. That said I do find those who never did a bit odd. Afraid to ruffle feathers etc

I don’t think it’s a case of not ruffling feathers to be fair, not in my case anyway. Is it not obvious what happened or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixXxer wrote:
    That should put to bed any doubts about Rikand, so best to move on. For the record Drumpot that was a good spot. Feeling better about you now.

Which is exactly what I said earlier before this re: Drummer

So I

Call Drummer a villager

Get wolfread for doing same

Someone post the I think I'm taking crazy pills gif for me please

You guys are whack lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

LadySkunk wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s a case of not ruffling feathers to be fair, not in my case anyway. Is it not obvious what happened or am I missing something?

GnR lost a prize for mentioning not getting a PM. Mods made it clear there is a penalty for mentioning PMs recieved it not recieved. Rikand mentioned a PM that told him he was protected but didn’t receive any warning or penalty. I thought maybe he didn’t receive a warning because he didn’t receive any PM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

fixXxer wrote: »

Still think those who made him lock clear without questioning it are a bit suss but yeah I am not questioning it any further now that there has been clarification.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If anyone has any suggestions for me to peek, fire away.

Boards connection acting up here, so may have to drop off until later.

I'd say just go with your gut. No way we can know your on the level but lying and saying someone good is a wolf would be a quick way to get yourself caught.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    GnR lost a prize for mentioning not getting a PM. Mods made it clear there is a penalty for mentioning PMs recieved it not recieved. Rikand mentioned a PM that told him he was protected but didn’t receive any warning or penalty. I thought maybe he didn’t receive a warning because he didn’t receive any PM.

But if he didn’t receive a PM that made perfect sense to me without saying it out right that’s why I told you to have a think about it before posting again

Well technically it does also say do not allude to PMs you may or may not have recieved so him not getting a warning wouldn't mean he never recieved one anyway.

I just think it was odd people jumped to say he was lock clear just cos he claimed to be the one targeted when normally people don't know who was targeted afaik. Now it would seem the mods confirmed that he was targeted though so... moot point with regards him specifically.

But if he didn’t receive a PM that made perfect sense to me without saying it out right that’s why I told you to have a think about it before posting again

But if he didn’t receive a PM how did he know he was targeted and protected? I feel really stupid, might need another coffee to cop onto what you guys are saying,... :(

Well technically it does also say do not allude to PMs you may or may not have recieved so him not getting a warning wouldn't mean he never recieved one anyway.

I just think it was odd people jumped to say he was lock clear just cos he claimed to be the one targeted when normally people don't know who was targeted afaik. Now it would seem the mods confirmed that he was targeted though so... moot point with regards him specifically.

Waittttttt, did it not actually say anywhere that it was Rikand who was protected? :eek:

I didn’t even cop that when I read the munch post, I just assumed because everyone was saying it that it was. That’s a good spot to be fair, I must go back and reread how that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

fixXxer wrote: »
    I did, the gifs make it feel very "nudge nudge wink wink 'ol pal" to me
    Necro wrote: »
    Why me? I'm a villager
    Weird from Barney, hes not usually this aggressive :/

Can you give me reasoning why you think I'm a wolf Barney?

Fixxxer thinks it's too jovial and yet necro wants to know why? Why not is my somewhat sassy answer necro :)

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Sorry for delay gang.

The party was roaring and someone tried to ruin it by adding laxative to the punchbowl. Luckily one villager spotted the punch was off just before they took a sip. They quickly threw the punch out and got back to the party.

An attack was attempted but failed.

MOD EDIT / UDPATE: The attack was attempted on Rikand.

Well that at least clears that up...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:( No one gonna post the gif for me then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I do think we should move away from talking about PMs so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well you can peek me and confirm me as good but you might want to try and peek a party pooper instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lads, if anyone is attacked and it fails, we are going to tell them in this game. We just made the mistake of not doing so via the thread as well. Id suggest moving on from this.

But if he didn’t receive a PM how did he know he was targeted and protected? I feel really stupid, might need another coffee to cop onto what you guys are saying,... :(

Ahhh no I feel really stupid now, I was going off the assumption it said it in the munch post that it was him so if he didn’t receive a PM then that would mean he protected himself so that cleared him in my eyes.

Total brain fart on my part, apologies for the confusion :o

Barney92 wrote:
    Fixxxer thinks it's too jovial and yet necro wants to know why? Why not is my somewhat sassy answer necro

Cos I'm trying to understand why so many people think I'm wolfing tbh when I'm not.

Is it fear that I am or is there a reason behind it

Waittttttt, did it not actually say anywhere that it was Rikand who was protected? :eek:

I didn’t even cop that when I read the munch post, I just assumed because everyone was saying it that it was. That’s a good spot to be fair, I must go back and reread how that happened.

It didn’t originally say Rikand was targeted , he told us himself
    Rikand wrote: »
    Thank you whoever saved me. You know who you are and you're a legend!

I'm told it was me that the kill failed against, so I wont be long for this world. Wolves are afraid of the wagonomics obviously :pac:

That’s why I thought it was odd that it was ok for him to talk about his PM and not others.

It has been retroactively added by Baggly but it originally didn't which is why I was questioning why people were so quick to make him lock clear. I do not suspect Rik as he was seemingly a wolf target but I do wonder about those who cleared him back when nothing was backing up his claim.

So there looks like there will be daily prizes, probably reasonable to assume wolves can “win” them. There seems to be a BG and BG prizes being handed out. Peek(action) prizes so do we think there prob isn’t a seer? The first rule of PMs is we do not talk about PMs. Rikand is prob clear unless there is an SK but no sign of that.

• Advertisement

So there looks like there will be daily prizes, probably reasonable to assume wolves can “win” them. There seems to be a BG and BG prizes being handed out. Peek(action) prizes so do we think there prob isn’t a seer? The first rule of PMs is we do not talk about PMs. Rikand is prob clear unless there is an SK but no sign of that.

Well I wouldn't be sure there is a BG as there could have been a roleblocker or some other way to stop the action but yeah most of that seems right.

Since it was previously described as a Vanilla-ish game I think I am always going to air on the side of not expecting too much in this and seeing as we already have peek prizes I would not be sure there is a seer but it's possible

Cos I'm trying to understand why so many people think I'm wolfing tbh when I'm not.

Is it fear that I am or is there a reason behind it

A list of goodies seems a bit pockety and jumping in on Rik being Lock Clear back when nothing backed up his claim is all i'd have.

Obviously it seems you may have been right about Rik but at the time that was not what I'd be calling lock clear

So today we got:

1 protect
    1 peek
    2 follows
    1 pair of socks

Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well I wouldn't be sure there is a BG as there could have been a roleblocker or some other way to stop the action but yeah most of that seems right.

Since it was previously described as a Vanilla-ish game I think I am always going to air on the side of not expecting too much in this and seeing as we already have peek prizes I would not be sure there is a seer but it's possible

A role blocker would be better, they'd have a wolf dead to rights. No one has come forward with and information though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

gift-281x300.jpg

Necro has recieved a gift.

He opens it with glee.

It is: A bag of coal

Handvoll_Gold.jpg

Necro can use his bag of coal by PMing the mods.

Have you been naughty Necro?
    tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Clarabel wrote: »
    gift-281x300.jpg

Necro has recieved a gift.

He opens it with glee.

It is: A bag of coal

Handvoll_Gold.jpg

Oh my

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac84b328f2642b86684b1ffcc6de1eeddb6142432&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Selfishly I’d love to be peeked

• Advertisement

gift-281x300.jpg

Khaleesi has received a gift.

She opens it with glee.

It is: A peek on one player

She can use his gift by pm'ing the mods with her target.

Advertisement