Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolf Nightmare Before Christmas Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

My vote for PEEKs

NECRO Just because of wanting to not have his role revealed if he shows up good
    DRUMPOT Just because as soon as he mentioned presents they started being delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Doing an FFA:

Necro. That Coal thing is bothering me. Coal was for bold kids. Maybe a message from another player? Maybe not.
    Barney92 Caught trying to Pocket Necro then disappeared. If Necro flips good then this would be my next guess.
    Green&Red. Narko.

Working late tonight but will try and get a vote in after peeks if we're still going by the 6pm time table?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

fixXxer wrote: »
    Green&Red. Narko.

Top quality detective work there :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

What stood out most for me rolled into an FFA

some said Rik was lock clear before his unsubstantiated claim was backed up by the mods announcement.

Necro (Lock Clear)
    Fixxer (village core / no counter claim)
    Spook (not as strong, just leaning because no counter claim)
    might have to read back and see if others did too

It also seemed very pockety that at around the same time (V.early day 1) Necro was doing up a list of goodies

Necros good list

himself
    khalessi
    GNR
    fixxxer
    Drummer
    Rik

Necro asked what reason people had for thinking he may be wolfing I responded with post #353 with my opinions on the matter (2 reasons) which he never responded to.

MicksJaguar: vote off the good experienced players because he says they are the ones who would target a good experienced player like Rikand. Could MJ not be a good experienced player as he described and if he was a wolf would he not want Rik and the other "good experienced players" voted off

That said he has defended himself after a few people called him on his three player call out and didn't just go quiet hoping they focussed their attention elsewhere

Drummer: full of questions to others but not giving his own opinions. #453 I called him on this (4mins after his last post) but then he went quiet on it (finally returned saying he doesn't want to infleunce things but does want discussion on it), could argue wolves want to get topics rolling to distract villages but not be seen to be the ones leading the way with them but previously I did like how he was questioning the whole Rik thing, infact he did so, so much that mods had to clarify and make official that he was indeed the person targetted at munch, something wolves would have already known.

Khalessi: I get good vibes from her but maybe that is just her personality and sometimes you gotta worry about the easy going likeable sort that blend in going with consensus instead of standing out.

Green & Red: started playing the game earlier than most in terms of poking at others etc. Could be trying to cast aspersions but could also be trying to catch out a wolf. Too vocal at the beginning for me to suspect immediately even though I do like a bit of fun giffing and the like at the start myself. Also #474 of his called Necro up on a post I also didn't like so that a little + for him.

He noted that LadySkunk said he was dodgy, will have to read back and see why

Duff: don't have much on him but I do like him calling for the peeks to be done early as the later they are left the more confusion there will be close to lynch time.

Spook: iirc he was also advocating peekers do so early might explain why he later voted on who should be peeked on thread when nobod else did (could be argued he is directing but id say he just wants the action done), open to being peeked but at the same time says peek elsewhere to find a baddie. Not suss but no strong read atm

LadySkunk: didn't like G&R and vice versa iirc, was one of the few who seemed to agree that it was odd people were all in on Rik before mods backed up his story but then again she was one of those people apparently

Fixxer: Not to be rude but...he's on Necros Village list, he also had Rik in his village core before his claims were substantiated. Goes after Necro but kind of softish in doing so, also didn't like Barney for I think his first post. Got an FFA - fair play. It seemed very weak to me but it is day 1 I suppose

Uriel: thinks Drummer is a wolf, gives zero reason, but posts again to make it a trio of him Necro & MIck he suspects. He also has a night action

Rikand: Almost clear but so much so that you would wonder if wolves want us to think that. As easily the most clear it'd be great if he was chiming in more

Ted: Got a Peek... hasn't really stood out too much otherwise today

Could probably say the same for everyone else for today too

#FFA1

1. Necro
    2. Fixxer
    3. Mick

Can't say I am sure on any of them (it's day 1 afterall) but at least I have clearly given my opinions as nonsensical as you all may think they are.

could do with those peeks before I lose control of this PC or I'll be voting blind or not at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Spook_ie wrote: »
    My vote for PEEKs

NECRO Just because of wanting to not have his role revealed if he shows up good
    DRUMPOT Just because as soon as he mentioned presents they started being delivered

Of course I don't, why would I want to supply the wolves with that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Even if it's D1 reasoning and you find it hard to make a great argument for 3 names I'd encourage as many people as possible to try to put in FFAs as it gives us much more info to go back over later in the game when we know more.

Very forceful on getting FFAs done there BH. Not a lot to go on really as yet. Trying to get a bandwagon going per chance.
    It could be argued a wolf doesn't want to stand out and take responsibility for their actions and instead be able to point at others and say well x said to do so.

On that basis, going to stick my peek in on you. It will give us a clearer picture for voting tonight either way.

Doing an FFA:

Necro. That Coal thing is bothering me. Coal was for bold kids. Maybe a message from another player? Maybe not.
    Barney92 Caught trying to Pocket Necro then disappeared. If Necro flips good then this would be my next guess.
    Green&Red. Narko.

Working late tonight but will try and get a vote in after peeks if we're still going by the 6pm time table?

Not sure I follow tbh, I don't remember Barney pocketing me or trying to at all he's been pushing me for reasons I'm yet to fathom

I dunno what to say about the coal. Flavour be flavour and Santa is a dick basically.

Necro wrote: »
    Of course I don't, why would I want to supply the wolves with that information?

No reason I just think that it goes without explanation that you don't reveal anything extra that shows from a good villager.

Asking for it not to be done could be a limp way of trying to avoid a peek.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Very forceful on getting FFAs done there BH. Not a lot to go on really as yet. Trying to get a bandwagon going per chance.

On that basis, going to stick my peek in on you. It will give us a clearer picture for voting tonight either way.

Happy to be peaked. I always advocate getting FFAs in, best source of info for the village after the votes themselves later in the game. You going to do one Ted?

• Advertisement

What stood out most for me rolled into an FFA

some said Rik was lock clear before his unsubstantiated claim was backed up by the mods announcement.

Necro (Lock Clear)
    Fixxer (village core / no counter claim)
    Spook (not as strong, just leaning because no counter claim)
    might have to read back and see if others did too

It also seemed very pockety that at around the same time (V.early day 1) Necro was doing up a list of goodies

Necros good list

himself
    khalessi
    GNR
    fixxxer
    Drummer
    Rik

Necro asked what reason people had for thinking he may be wolfing I responded with post #353 with my opinions on the matter (2 reasons) which he never responded to.

MicksJaguar: vote off the good experienced players because he says they are the ones who would target a good experienced player like Rikand. Could MJ not be a good experienced player as he described and if he was a wolf would he not want Rik and the other "good experienced players" voted off

That said he has defended himself after a few people called him on his three player call out and didn't just go quiet hoping they focussed their attention elsewhere

Drummer: full of questions to others but not giving his own opinions. #453 I called him on this (4mins after his last post) but then he went quiet on it (finally returned saying he doesn't want to infleunce things but does want discussion on it), could argue wolves want to get topics rolling to distract villages but not be seen to be the ones leading the way with them but previously I did like how he was questioning the whole Rik thing, infact he did so, so much that mods had to clarify and make official that he was indeed the person targetted at munch, something wolves would have already known.

Khalessi: I get good vibes from her but maybe that is just her personality and sometimes you gotta worry about the easy going likeable sort that blend in going with consensus instead of standing out.

Green & Red: started playing the game earlier than most in terms of poking at others etc. Could be trying to cast aspersions but could also be trying to catch out a wolf. Too vocal at the beginning for me to suspect immediately even though I do like a bit of fun giffing and the like at the start myself. Also #474 of his called Necro up on a post I also didn't like so that a little + for him.

He noted that LadySkunk said he was dodgy, will have to read back and see why

Duff: don't have much on him but I do like him calling for the peeks to be done early as the later they are left the more confusion there will be close to lynch time.

Spook: iirc he was also advocating peekers do so early might explain why he later voted on who should be peeked on thread when nobod else did (could be argued he is directing but id say he just wants the action done), open to being peeked but at the same time says peek elsewhere to find a baddie. Not suss but no strong read atm

LadySkunk: didn't like G&R and vice versa iirc, was one of the few who seemed to agree that it was odd people were all in on Rik before mods backed up his story but then again she was one of those people apparently

Fixxer: Not to be rude but...he's on Necros Village list, he also had Rik in his village core before his claims were substantiated. Goes after Necro but kind of softish in doing so, also didn't like Barney for I think his first post. Got an FFA - fair play. It seemed very weak to me but it is day 1 I suppose

Uriel: thinks Drummer is a wolf, gives zero reason, but posts again to make it a trio of him Necro & MIck he suspects. He also has a night action

Rikand: Almost clear but so much so that you would wonder if wolves want us to think that. As easily the most clear it'd be great if he was chiming in more

Ted: Got a Peek... hasn't really stood out too much otherwise today

Could probably say the same for everyone else for today too

#FFA1

1. Necro
    2. Fixxer
    3. Mick

Can't say I am sure on any of them (it's day 1 afterall) but at least I have clearly given my opinions as nonsensical as you all may think they are.

I dunno why you're putting any focus on that first part re: Rikand at all, it's a cow's opinion at this point.

Rikand got attacked by the wolves, ergo - Rikand is a villager - it really is that simple.

As for the rest - pocket people? I am not trying to pocket anyone, if I am I'm doing a terribad job of it given I'm on multiple FFAs.

They are my opinions on how I think a player looks to me at that time and moment in the game, I'm not just blanket clearing them but giving them a pass for TODAY.

Day 1 is as always a bunch of people running around shouting at each other and not making any coherent sense, if I can find something villagery about a player it means I narrow my list for finding wolves.

That's all it is.

In my defense of clearing Rikand, I didn't see a scenario where a false claim like that would have any benefit. Shortsighted of me? Maybe. Maybe if the wolves had a BG they could munch themselves but thats a pretty out there play for Day1 when they know nothing about what the village. It brings attention to Rikand and a single peek could catch them out straight away. There was no counter claim from a BG saying "no I didnt".

G&R shift your eyes up two lines and you'll see justification for my FFA. It's much more than you've contributed so if you wouldn't mind just playing the game that would be super thanks.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    No reason I just think that it goes without explanation that you don't reveal anything extra that shows from a good villager.

Asking for it not to be done could be a limp way of trying to avoid a peek.

Nah, if I get peeked - and this goes for anyone - if the peek comes back good then that's all you need to say on thread, no need to tell the wolves anything extra.

If it comes back as evil/wolf/party pooper etc - reveal all the info you have assuming you're permitted to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Well it does say we can PM the mods to use our apparently useless gifts.

Worth a crack anyways.

Barney I'm dropping a large sack of coal on your head how do you feel about that?

No idea if it does anything or not lol

giphy.gif

Not sure I follow tbh, I don't remember Barney pocketing me or trying to at all he's been pushing me for reasons I'm yet to fathom

I dunno what to say about the coal. Flavour be flavour and Santa is a dick basically.

I don't really get it either to be honest.

My accusations at you were just random to be fair though, not any weight behind them. Fixxxer will probably say that was trying to distance the 'pocket' of thinking you were right about the number of wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy to be peaked. I always advocate getting FFAs in, best source of info for the village after the votes themselves later in the game. You going to do one Ted?

Will get to one, but wont be until 6:30/7 here.

Only had half an eye on thread during day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nah, if I get peeked - and this goes for anyone - if the peek comes back good then that's all you need to say on thread, no need to tell the wolves anything extra.

If it comes back as evil/wolf/party pooper etc - reveal all the info you have assuming you're permitted to do so

I can understand this actually. If it's a powerful good role, revealing this early could seriously hurt the village. Although it could be a ploy, but it makes sense.

All Eyes On Rafah

G&R shift your eyes up two lines and you'll see justification for my FFA. It's much more than you've contributed so if you wouldn't mind just playing the game that would be super thanks.

Not that can be seen here, maybe you stuck it in your backroom.

Look, I'm not getting into a row for a second game running.

Not to be rude but I think you've added sweet FA to the thread other than a narko attitude, maybe a good nights sleep would do you no harm

I can understand this actually. If it's a powerful good role, revealing this early could seriously hurt the village. Although it could be a ploy, but it makes sense.

Well of course you shouldn't say it, you cant be giving Necro kudos for stating the obvious!

Green&Red wrote: »
    Well of course you shouldn't say it, you cant be giving Necro kudos for stating the obvious!

That'd be pocketing behaviour if you ask me.

• Advertisement

I dunno why you're putting any focus on that first part re: Rikand at all, it's a cow's opinion at this point.

Rikand got attacked by the wolves, ergo - Rikand is a villager - it really is that simple.

At no point have I said anything other than Rikand is almost certainly a villager. The mod clarification made that even more likely however I was talking about before that clarification came and the point being made was that a certain few people were very quick to say he was lock clear and not question him at all.

He said he was targeted and at the time we had nothing to back that up. Nothing to back up a claim that could make someone as clear as possible at that stage.

I find it odd if people jump straight to someone is a lock Villager if the only people who knew that was the case for sure at that point were the mods and the wolves. Simples

I think I'd be in favour of a peek train. As in one peek on the other person with a peek and then the second person peeks a another. Could give us a fair amount of information.

At no point have I said anything other than Rikand is almost certainly a villager. The mod clarification made that even more likely however I was talking about before that clarification came and the point being made was that a certain few people were very quick to say he was lock clear and not question him at all.

He said he was targeted and at the time we had nothing to back that up. Nothing to back up a claim that could make someone as clear as possible at that stage.

I find it odd if people jump straight to someone is a lock Villager if the only people who knew that was the case for sure at that point were the mods and the wolves. Simples

What is there to question? Read my post at the time, I literally state - in the absence of a counterclaim.

There's no endgame to wolf Rikand claiming to be saved - the BG can just come out and shut him down whenever they want.

Anyways my point is it doesn't make any difference and I certainly won't be using it to form the basis of my reads that's all

Barney92 wrote: »
    I think I'd be in favour of a peek train. As in one peek on the other person with a peek and then the second person peeks a another. Could give us a fair amount of information.

That was my theory earlier

Barney92 wrote: »

It'd seem Ted is peeking me. Khalessi was hoping people would suggest who (guess your suggting Ted) to peek but had hinted at being open to peeking Necro.

I have just voted incase time of votes becomes relevant and will put a name forward for my follow soon as it's already after 1am here

Green&Red wrote: »
    That was my theory earlier

Then I second your theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Green&Red has had regifted soap used on him

Clarabel wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Oh bollocks.... sorry Barney

Maybe he wont be such an arsehole now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, was there lavender in that one?

Advertisement