Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolf Nightmare Before Christmas Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So we now have 2 mod confirmed villagers, 3 assuming there was no protect shenanigans going on with Rik at the start of the game.

Quick FFA, D1 are never easy as not a lot to go on.

Spook & Mick - warped logic about voting for a confirmed villager. Sounds like a tactic devised in a backroom.
    Spook_ie wrote: »
    OMG

I'm voting for you because you are a confirmed villager and if anyone else votes on you then they're wolves so you should be safe from lynch if not from being killed

I might be able to get back on later and change i, if I get further information but if my lad wants his PC back and the Android vote form isn't working then I can't
    Spook I'm sry but you logic is flawed no wolf is voting bounty tonight weather you are on him or not like it wont happen you are just wasting your vote tbh.

Dont mean that to sound harsh in case it came across that way.

GnR All for pick strategy, then gets bored not long after.
    Green&Red wrote: »
    If I'm honest I'm bored with the peek talk.

Pick two people, peek them and then we can on with not believing the pair of them and their picks

Ah Ted i was disagreeing with Spook

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok so I picked out a selection of posts I found interesting from the day.
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Does somebody want to attack somebody with a thin as fu*ck theory so we can get the ball rolling?

Maybe I can help move things along , I FFA the three lowest posters, Uriel
    , ladyskunk and Barney.....

Don’t normally do FFAs as I seldom have more then one or two people I can pay attention to!

Firstly we have Drummer. Now I have a feeling you did this mainly in jest but how do you feel now with how the day has unfolded? Would you FFA the same three players? Also yosser had no posts, was that an oversight or deliberate? Hmmm.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Barney has three posts and they paint a picture of someone trying to get in Necros pocket.

Fixxxer here starting his push on Barney quite early. Could be right, could be wrong but I dunno, Drummer and fixxxer mentioning Barney in quick succession spiked my spidey senses for some reason.
    His timing this morning, just his general floating around, his interactions with Necro really stink.

FFA #1
    Drumpot

Necro - not as strong a lean and I realise I said I wasn't going to tunnel him. He is too chirpy though and just cause its my tell does not mean its not yours also. There are certain things everyone does when they are a wolf, SK reckons if you claim to be confused ur a wolf. Maybe thats one?

I'd like to say LadySkunk but I realise thats probably just cause she said me so I'd go for one of the lower posters but thats shooting blind

Reading back this FFA I'm not sure if I like it. It feels... really opportunistic.
    He's pushing me hard as a wolf and trying to associate Drumpot based on our interactions.
    Skunk being mentioned could be a rule of 3 here but I'll come back to that later, I've got more posts that I want to get through. All that being said it is day 1.

I haven't seen Skunk address this either so if GnR is a wolf then I'd be looking harder at Skunk based on this throwaway mention of her.
    Well its D1 so I dont have any really strong wolf leans. Necro, cause I'd hate if he was a wolf and got away with it. I'd also be happy to just let the two peekers pick who they want, if they wanted to go with my strategy and then pick the second person themselves?

It is up to them I suppose

I really don't like this post if I'm honest. Leaning me wolf but I don't get the feeling he's actually leaning me wolf - I liked the early tree shaking but some posts are giving me the heebies now.
    post 388 i pre gave my reasons before i had a look at things although the uriel thing is more a feeling on his play last night i think if neccers flipped bad id be looking at him harder

Mick is next. I don't really like this associative read, it's flimsy enough. Now that I'm lock clear Mick how do you feel about this read - what's your thoughts on Uriel now?
    Doing an FFA:

Necro. That Coal thing is bothering me. Coal was for bold kids. Maybe a message from another player? Maybe not.
    Barney92 Caught trying to Pocket Necro then disappeared. If Necro flips good then this would be my next guess.
    Green&Red. Narko.

Working late tonight but will try and get a vote in after peeks if we're still going by the 6pm time table?

Back to fixxxer. He was earlier pushing Barney for pocketing me but has me at the top of his FFA for coal based shenanigans.

It's a little different slant than anyone but I don't understand how he can FFA us both if he thinks Barney is pocketing me.

GnR at the bottom.... I just wish he put more reasoning into this, it's not a great FFA but tbf it is day 1 as I said re: GnR as well.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Very forceful on getting FFAs done there BH. Not a lot to go on really as yet. Trying to get a bandwagon going per chance.

On that basis, going to stick my peek in on you. It will give us a clearer picture for voting tonight either way.

On to Ted.

I really like this post, I think it's villagery. I can see the logic in his peeking BH, it's spelled out clear and he follows through with it. Great look for Teddo.

Now this series of posts has my hackles raised, mainly for GnR but also re: Flushy if he were to flip red.

Didn't know it was starting tonight, thought it was tomorrow. Just online for a second. No doubt we'll have a zillion on Necros posts to catch up in the morning.

Caio for now peeps. Lots of new faces

Flushy comes into the thread with a normal enough post, I'm not too fussed about the content tbh.
    My wolfometer has gone into overdrive

Quite a while since we’ve seen the old “oh I forgot this was on”. I’ve missed it

GnR's response I initially liked - BUT - after the day has passed I'm not so sure anymore. Mainly because....
    I had no idea it was on. I was setting up my mobile so I can sneak on while at work and setting my page lol and wondered why there were posts!

I am needing to find out more about this letter to Santa thing. Haven't read on the forum on ages and thanks for being recruited in for this! looking forward to my first game in a year! And I was modding my last one which was the Christmas game if I remember right.

Going to read the game sign up before anyone walks into the office :P

Flushy comes back in the morning and responds, so she's not shying away from it which I like.
    Ah here MrsFLush

You "forgot" the game was on, we don't know each other so I dont want to be straight on ur case but...........

GnR rattles her bush again with the forgot etc line and again as I said I liked this interaction from him initially
    Actually, I didn't forget it was on, as I seen it wasn't supposed to start today. I find your accusations very wolf like. You "barking" up the wrong tree? Trying to deflect and accuse. Oldest wolf trick in the world.

I think so. Now, run off to your wolfy mates :pac:

Flush back with a bit of OMGUS, but look it's a sassy response and that's fine.
    I would say accusing your accuser is an older wolf trick

And GnR accuses her of OMGUS.

Now all that doesn't look too bad tbh imo. Except when I ask GnR about his FFA as I did above...

His timing this morning, just his general floating around, his interactions with Necro really stink.

FFA #1
    Drumpot

Necro - not as strong a lean and I realise I said I wasn't going to tunnel him. He is too chirpy though and just cause its my tell does not mean its not yours also. There are certain things everyone does when they are a wolf, SK reckons if you claim to be confused ur a wolf. Maybe thats one?

I'd like to say LadySkunk but I realise thats probably just cause she said me so I'd go for one of the lower posters but thats shooting blind

Skunk is tossed in there. Now he hasn't even mentioned Skunk really before or since - based off that interaction with Flush you expect him to maybe mention her more

But he doesn't, not once.

I even dropped the coal on Flushy to see would he react to it, and there was nothing.

Makes you think...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Right so the first thing I was looking for was who was trying to steer the peeks and why.

Good few people wanted it on me, not sure if I should be flattered or suspicious.

duffers and GnR were particularly vocal about it. BH too, but he's clear so I can trust his intentions at least.

I wouldn’t say I was particularly vocal about it. I gave a theory on the first peek going on Ted, as he had the second peek. I also gave my reasons for wanted to peek you.

I must say I’m highly suspicious that we get three locked clear villagers D1, this game will be very easy if this is how it’s running.

Knowing Baggly it’s not that straight forward. Rikand is my most likely village.

Necro and BH are in my it’s too good to be true pile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

FFA Day1

1. Spook - The whole voting BH when he’s cleared just doesn’t sit right with me. Complete backtrack when called out on it and now changed vote, if you really believed in your logic you wouldn’t be changing it because someone as you say yourself “doesn’t get the logic”

2. Ted - FFAs Mick connecting him to Spook when he had the same line of thinking as I had which was that Spooks logic was flawed, can’t see the connection being made there and nothing was said about me when I said the same thing, feels a bit flimsy

3 . Yoss - Probably busy with RL, would never knock someone for that but first post in two days asking did we get a wolf yet, find it hard to believe he didn’t read anything at all back before posting

Keeping an eye on G&R still, weary of tunnelling due to past games but the pushy nature of his posts to just about anyone has my eyes peeled so will see on this one.

Votes going on Spook anyway unless anything else’s comes up in the time before lynch, stood out the most to me out of everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro has had cheap aftershave used on him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote: »

:pac::pac:

Neccers while im very happy to have you and bounty clear right now there are a few things in my head im still not quite straight on in this game.

Full roles being revealed on thread after peeks is wierd, although maybe it points to there being no villager roles im not sure tbh.

Ya the ureil thing was weak sauce but its a interesting way to enter the thread calling out posters for day 0 rusbbish and maybe a great way to semi shade a team mate and be able to say you were on them from the start.

As I said im happy to go along with the peeks for now most defiently but if there is a seer in the game, its too many peeks potentially for the village team to get without some wolfs being protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

A marked improvement, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Does he smell any differently, bitta Brut is a fine bitta stuff for a good country man! No idea who I'm voting for, happy to have Necro off the board as a potential wolf, an ISO there is always tremendously hard work! I'm leaning in the low posters a little.

Also GnR and Ted (I think) had an interaction about an Sk earlier which Ted tried to flip towards GnR being wolfy but it felt Ted was trying to shade a little, I'll look back and quote

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Does he smell any differently, bitta Brut is a fine bitta stuff for a good country man! No idea who I'm voting for, happy to have Necro off the board as a potential wolf, an ISO there is always tremendously hard work! I'm leaning in the low posters a little.

Also GnR and Ted (I think) had an interaction about an Sk earlier which Ted tried to flip towards GnR being wolfy but it felt Ted was trying to shade a little, I'll look back and quote

no win conditions for an sk though

@Necro I didn’t react to Green&Red because there was nothing to react to, it was an obvious case of OMGUS and clutching at straws really and it’s not worth the headache of me saying no you suck back when I already have an eye on him :pac:

Full roles being revealed on thread after peeks is wierd, although maybe it points to there being no villager roles im not sure tbh.

Finding this difficult myself but id just go with it for now, I'm leaning towards no roles and wishes being the catalyst for village info

Neccers while im very happy to have you and bounty clear right now there are a few things in my head im still not quite straight on in this game.

Ya the ureil thing was weak sauce but its a interesting way to enter the thread calling out posters for day 0 rusbbish and maybe a great way to semi shade a team mate and be able to say you were on them from the start.

As I said im happy to go along with the peeks for now most defiently but if there is a seer in the game, its too many peeks potentially for the village team to get without some wolfs being protected.

That's fair.

What do you make of my thoughts re: GnR/Flushy interaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

How you doing to day KK?

Not great Fixxxer, hectic day today!

Have skimmed the thread and good to see we have an early village core forming. Between the BG and Skunks protect prize we can hopefully keep them safe.

I haven't voted yet but if I had to pick at this moment it would be Spook for his constant instance that voting BH is a good move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I even dropped the coal on Flushy to see would he react to it, and there was nothing.

Makes you think...

NOW you will get me to react. FFS, calling me a HE!

LadySkunk wrote: »
    @Necro I didn’t react to Green&Red because there was nothing to react to, it was an obvious case of OMGUS and clutching at straws really and it’s not worth the headache of me saying no you suck back when I already have an eye on him :pac:

I'm not really worried about it but just given his convo with Flush earlier I kinda looked at it and said hmmmmmm

If you know what I mean

No I know, I more felt like it was an attempt at shade from Ted.

I think HE was referring to GNR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Green&red has received a bag of coal

• Advertisement

No you misunderstand, I wanted to see if GnR would react, not you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This is true. An omission or a sign there is no SK. I think we will have our answer in the morning if more than one attempted kill.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I notice a few new terms ye are all using. OMGUS and I am trying to remember the other one. About clearing someone. What is all this about? What are the exact meanings of all this. Lock Clear was the other one.

That's fair.

What do you make of my thoughts re: GnR/Flushy interaction?

Reading it there it does look at bit suss alright, like him saying is wolfdometer was in overdrive and not to at least ffa is wierd.

GNR could also be someone who tried to kill Rikand and think he said on thread it was very bad form cause he modded the last game so maybe a double bluff there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Green&red has received a bag of coal

wut

Just after seeing your longer post there Necro

I’m on my phone so I’ll try and answer it as best I can

In my FFA I’m clearly not pushing you hard as a wolf, I’m saying you could be because you were chirpy, I noticed that a few times and I wasn’t the only one. I notice it cause it’s what I do. I’m not sure what you mean by opportunistic?

You go onto say

I really don't like this post if I'm honest. Leaning me wolf but I don't get the feeling he's actually leaning me wolf - I liked the early tree shaking but some posts are giving me the heebies now.

The quote you pull up there is in response to Drumpot asking why I say to peek Necro and not Drumpot. You can’t have it both ways, I can’t be leaning hard on you as a wolf and then leaning hard to have you peeked.

Then you bring up a (iMO meaningless) interaction with MrsFlushDraw cause it didn’t make my FFA. There was a whole lot of posts in between. I also had a row with Fixxer that didn’t make the FFA. Skunk was there because of recency bias.
    It’s D1, like I said clearly when I had Drumpot top of myFFA was that I had no strong feeling. You somehow interpreted my FFA as pushing hard on you. You also think I was pushing hard to get you peeked. It literally can’t be both cause that would make no sense.

But there’s a nice little narrative being created now

I’m also 50/50 about whether I believe these on thread peeks either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I notice a few new terms ye are all using. OMGUS and I am trying to remember the other one. About clearing someone. What is all this about? What are the exact meanings of all this. Lock Clear was the other one.

"Ride me sideways" was another one!"

Mrs. F

OMGUS - OMG u suck, when someone doesn’t like being called out so they call out the person that called them out

LOCK CLEAR - Villager who is cleared 100%, term coined by sKeith a few months ago when speaking of himself and which resulted in him being lynched :o

LadySkunk wrote: »

All the ladies have an eye on me Skunk, nothing to be ashamed of

Necro, just read the bit about you dropping coal on Flush, FFS what was I meant to say? Like I said it was a meaningless interaction and ur on me now cause I didn’t react to a flavour gift?

• Advertisement

All the ladies have an eye on me Skunk, nothing to be ashamed of

Necro, just read the bit about you dropping coal on Flush, FFS what was I meant to say? Like I said it was a meaningless interaction and ur on me now cause I didn’t react to a flavour gift?

I dunno, you seemed to rail hard against her this morning and then just dropped her completely, it just seems off to me.

I agree it's day 1 but it just stands out to me anyways

Advertisement