Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolf Nightmare Before Christmas Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Boy elf or girl elf HUH!!!
    Musta had bad dog food

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Haha yes, happy days, one outta two ain't bad, thought one of Necro or GnR felt wolfy! Boom, hmmm I'm what to do with this sleeping stuff now

Alright neccers maybe I'm jumping the gun a little, but in a game where we have 0 info you aren't lock clear or mod cleared so i really wish people will stop saying that.

I also dont like you lock clearing other players as it seems like you are trying to cement this idea of lock clear.

You are too experienced a player to be lock clearing left right and centre

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote: »
    My wolfometer has gone into overdrive

Quite a while since we’ve seen the old “oh I forgot this was on”. I’ve missed it

Some more posts, Flushy probably villager here
    What makes you think there’s a munch? My reading of the OP was that the game started Monday morning, so tht would suggest a lynch first?

Unless you know different Necro??

Shade on me again
    Just the two pockets on those pants?

And again
    Morning

Would I be right in thinking there’s no SK? Surely that’ll help massively, half the kill rate

Gamestate talk, meh. Possibly TMIing no SK but sure that's evident by win cons to me anyways
    Ah here MrsFLush

You "forgot" the game was on, we don't know each other so I dont want to be straight on ur case but...........
    It could just be that you were plannign with ur wolf buddies in ur BR

More shade on Flush with these two posts. Feeling more confident about Flush being village
    Would there not be an SK in a vanilla game? I think theres been an SK in every game I've played

Ha, ha

I see what you did there Ted but theres a massive hole in ur lamp shade there, I wouldnt need to be asking about an SK if I KNEW there was one

Luckily for me if Necro is right about there being a munch this morning then we'll find out soon enough if its one kill or two

SK talk with Ted, good look here for Ted imo
    That was my thinking, surely that means we'll have more than 4 wolves? I wouldnt be surprised at 6

Possibly TMI here, likely 3 wolves left. Why exactly 4 in the post, most of us were saying 4/5.
    I would say accusing your accuser is an older wolf trick

More shade on Flush, again Flush looking townier based on spew

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Alright neccers maybe I'm jumping the gun a little, but in a game where we have 0 info you aren't lock clear or mod cleared so i really wish people will stop saying that.

I also dont like you lock clearing other players as it seems like you are trying to cement this idea of lock clear.

I'm struggling to figure out how a mod post isn't concrete?

• Advertisement

it'd be interesting to see the declares on thread as id a few dont think Kalehsi said she was (i could be wrong) and she voted late for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm not clearing anyone I'm only giving my thoughts.

I am mod cleared - mods announced me as NRV so I am in fact mod announced clear

Uriel. wrote: »
    I'm struggling to figure out how a mod post isn't concrete?

What if he is a wolf that peeks good?

Then you kill me when I'm not somehow being munched night in night out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

You are confusing me Mick. Necro and Bounty were announced by a mod to be NRV, one Christmas and the other Halloween. Why is that not make someone lock clear in your book? Are you a wolf that jumped on GnR to make yourself villagery looking? I didn't say I had voted him till after you as far as I remember and I had already voted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Necro how is everyone else cleared by G&R mentioning them but it makes me not look good?

I'm getting to you Skunk hang on, I'm going through his ISO bit by bit

Necro wrote: »
    Then you kill me when I'm not somehow being munched night in night out

Fine fine fine fine you are talking sense

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So much for this being a vanilla game, if you think there is roles like that floating about.

You are confusing me Mick. Necro and Bounty were announced by a mod to be NRV, one Christmas and the other Halloween. Why is that not make someone lock clear in your book? Are you a wolf that jumped on GnR to make yourself villagery looking? I didn't say I had voted him till after you as far as I remember and I had already voted.

Some wolfs aren't peakable its a game mechanic that has been used before,

its not different to the mods saying no village by PM or in a backroom.

But i'll park this bus for now necro is right it should be fairly self revolving

resolving

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    So much for this being a vanilla game, if you think there is roles like that floating about.

This game isn't very vanilla to me at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Baggly doesn't know how to do Vanilla :D - his last vanilla-ish game won most complex game in the wolfies

I think its odd that you showed up at 9.45. Its almost like you logged on to put in an order for a munch but were then told there is no munch.

Start of the Drumpot push, hindsight being 20:20 and all but this is particularly wolfy tbh
    Necro has particularly large pockets in fairness
    I suggested it but Necro got soemthing from the OP that countered it, I'll have a look

Two mentions of me again, I think he's trying to keep an association between us here
    Bit lousy to kill u off given you modded the last game

Anyway welcome to my good pile
    Currently:
    G&R
    Rikand

Quoting this cos it's quite funny now he's flipped :D
    Nice deflection there. I would say you were the one surprised
    And what ur quoting from me there was referring to there being no munch (as Baggly was late) rather than the surprise of it being a failed munch.

But sure don’t let the truth get in the way of your wolfie narrative

More push on Drumpot, yep I'm feeling very confident in Drumpot as a villager.
    It would be a very strange claim to make otherwise but then it could just be a made up mechanic I suppose
    Or ever.

At least these presents have given us something to talk about?
    Should we be discussion who these pair should follow?
    Theres pros and cons to both. If they are wolves then us as a group chosing their targets is better cause it reduces the odds of them doing as they please.

But if they are legit and we pick people then are we giving the wolves advance warning? I doubt they have the option to not do whatever they'd be out doing but it could give them a chance to get their story straight

This is mechanics... not sure if we get masses from this. He was trying very hard to get into a village leader position tbf.
    It would give me a lot of peace of mind

Talking about using his peek on me
    Any chance this was a ploy to get me to talk about my prize and lose it? Afraid I'd peek a wolf?

Shade on Spook... it's not much and it's not really followed up on. I can maybe see a wolf saying this to another one
    You got out of jail big time

Again pushing that he wants me peeked here.

Gonna get through this tonight, another couple of posts should do it, activity drops off a bit in the evening

I think that is too complex for vanilla, even if you say it has been done before in a game. I doubt we have mods telling us someone is a villager and they are in fact a wolf.

• Advertisement

Also i didn't jump on gnr i was on him this morning due to Rikand being a target, I called him out on the bluff it was bad form to choose him as first kill as he modded the last game, when Neccers pulled up the posts between you do I agreed it looked dodge and I voted for him when I could have just went with spook as I said spook was making no sense on thread so i would of had a reason.

But ya jumped on :rolleyes:

I think that is too complex for vanilla, even if you say it has been done before in a game. I doubt we have mods telling us someone is a villager and they are in fact a wolf.

what about this game strikes you in anyways as vanilla, you are getting much higher up my suspect list

O wait you voted gnr never mind jesus :D

what about this game strikes you in anyways as vanilla, you are getting much higher up my suspect list

When I was asked to sign up I was told it was vanilla!

O wait you voted gnr never mind jesus :D

Whatcha drinking haha, care to share? mourning the death of the fitz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Well G&R is it a night time or anytime peek is the question, doesn't say a time so try it and see
    Any chance this was a ploy to get me to talk about my prize and lose it? Afraid I'd peek a wolf?
    Necro wrote: »

Shade on Spook... it's not much and it's not really followed up on. I can maybe see a wolf saying this to another one

What are the chances we struck gold with 2 wolves on D1.

Going to keep an eye on Spooky tomorrow, should we survive, is the way to go.

Whatcha drinking haha, care to share? mourning the death of the fitz :pac:

Paranoia juice, here have some

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Right, I cant stay awake. Night all.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Night Vale. Did someone give him sleeping potion?

• Advertisement

Ok so a couple more bits, gonna drag in Skunk's posts here too as they are relevant.
    LadySkunk wrote: »

Good morning one and all, what a time to be alive! :D

I’m all caught up now and I’m here for the whole day so let’s get this party started. Great news munch was blocked and we a LOCK CLEAR already :pac:

Fix I’m not even going to be mad at you questioning my loyalty to the game, work and sleep came first but I’m here now and that’s all that matters :)

First thoughts:

Rikey - LOCK CLEAR
    Green&Red - Coming on a bit too strong with the accusations
    Necro - Bit too jovial for my liking, not like him to not throw around wild accusations and shake a few trees

In saying that there’s not much to go on and I always ALWAYS get bad vibes off the two of them for some reason regardless of their alignment so we’ll see :o

Look, it's a bit hedgy but she's essentially straight out of the traps and has a read on GnR already, not sure if she bothers as a wolf.

Let's see GnR's response.
    I'd agree that you always think I'm suss, you're wrong in this case

I said exactly the same thing about Necro. I've found its a tell of mine when I'm a wolf, I am having the craic goodo. Necro this game reminds me of that

See I missed this, he barely addresses it and then decides to drag me into the convo again. It's not a whole pile but it's interaction.
    That is a good point

Its either anti-Mayo bias or Rikand is a wolf

I don't know which I'd prefer

GnR responds to Drummer here and I think this might be one of those perspective slips - he's supposed to be wolf reading Drummer but suddenly it's a good point and all pretence drops.
    Selfishly I’d love to be peeked

I wonder... I wonder why he said this. Curious now. Not going down that rabbit hole for a while though
    Well I’m good whether he’s bad or not but I get what ur saying

He says I’m good then later flips red therefore I must be red too

Like I said earlier these follows and peeks are a disaster cause we don’t know that we can trust the person doing the peeking

So whether he is a wolf or not I’m always going to come back as good

Very confident he's gonna peek good. Hmmmmm....
    His timing this morning, just his general floating around, his interactions with Necro really stink.

FFA #1
    Drumpot

Necro - not as strong a lean and I realise I said I wasn't going to tunnel him. He is too chirpy though and just cause its my tell does not mean its not yours also. There are certain things everyone does when they are a wolf, SK reckons if you claim to be confused ur a wolf. Maybe thats one?

I'd like to say LadySkunk but I realise thats probably just cause she said me so I'd go for one of the lower posters but thats shooting blind

I just don't like how he words this.

It's classic wolf struggling with names for an FFA. Having reviewed the interactions I don't think it's quite as bad as it appears for Skunk but I can see a universe he throws in a wolf buddy here for an easy read and then if she dies he can point to this post and go 'Look everybody I had a read on her'

It's pretty flimsy though, a bit unfair on Skunk as there's little she can do about it but sometimes spew be spew.

Last 4 posts stand out here too:
    Narko
    Well a bit of manners wouldn't go astray

When you start a sentence with "not to be rude" thats not a free pass to then be as rude as you can
    But I suppose BH is big enough to look after themselves
    fixXxer wrote: »
    But rich you of all people lecturing me on manners. When did you become such a snowflake since your last game?

The back and forth with fixxxer.

I don't think wolves treat each other like this on thread tbh. Hopefully someone is sanity checking my posting though

Advertisement