Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Werewolf Nightmare Before Christmas Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Night night everyone, late here and I am wrecked. Don't forget to switch off the lights when the last one leaves :)

I dont know neccers one of them mentioned the last game and said they were fighting in it, seemed like an odd thing to bring up, think it may have been gnr trying to cement that they dislike each other and it was real.

I had the same heepie geepies over his rikand post about the wolfs not being nice for trying to kill him after modding the last game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fair point Mick.

Not clearing fixxxy off it for sure, I'm just not sure if they have that huge argument.

Who did fixxxy vote as a matter of interest? Barney was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I dont know neccers one of them mentioned the last game and said they were fighting in it, seemed like an odd thing to bring up, think it may have been gnr trying to cement that they dislike each other and it was real.

I had the same heepie geepies over his rikand post about the wolfs not being nice for trying to kill him after modding the last game

Not the last game, every game we’ve played together we’ve been at each other’s throats. It’s not a weird thing to say because it’s true.

I’ve already explained this to Necro anyway, I can’t speak for G&Rs spew which is clear as day pointed at nearly everyone at some point but I can and have already spoken for myself on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

O my what big eyes you've
    Spook_ie wrote: »
    "All the better to see you with" said the WOLF

Had a quick scan back & found this interaction in between the early initial posts.

Bit of jokey humour, or some subtle wolf banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Wait was that even about me or was it about Fixxxer... Awkward :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote: »
    Or the part-time peekers could just peek someone and tell us?

I'm still happy to be peeked

Here it is again, it COULD be that he's trying to push out that he's so confident he'll flip green to the thread that people won't peek him

Or he could possibly have been an unpeekable wolf.

It's moot now as he's dead but it makes me wonder.
    They could

was it Khalessi and BH who won the peeks?

How about Khalessi peeks BH, if they come back bad then we know we can't trust BHs peek.
    If they come back good it doesn't clear Khalessi at all but it goes a long way to clearly BH, the odds them both being wolves is (relatively) low. So it means we can trust BH's pick after that

I would propose Necro as the second person to be peeked

This isn't a terrible strategy, the benefits for the wolves are that it wastes a peek.

Now he makes the mistake here of stating BH instead of Ted. I'm not reading too much into it... I think.

Once again though now he's trying to direct the peeks and push one onto me.

Possibly because I'm townreading him at this point and it would be a handy place to hide
    Cheers

What do u think of my strategy?

Meh. Looking for my approval despite wanting me peeked :pac:
    Well its D1 so I dont have any really strong wolf leans. Necro, cause I'd hate if he was a wolf and got away with it. I'd also be happy to just let the two peekers pick who they want, if they wanted to go with my strategy and then pick the second person themselves?

It is up to them I suppose

This is responding to Drumpot and why he doesn't want to peek him (mainly cos he's trying to mislynch Drummer imo)
    I preferred my idea, seems like a waste of a peek

Drumpot - why are you talking about a reveal tomorrow? Why would they not just peek now and tell us immediately? (Provided they got their answers back immediately)
    @Drumpot - sorry misread ur previous post

I dunno if these have any relevance really.
    I don't like the peeking one person tactic, less information to go on

Might have worked out better for you wolves though :P
    I meant to pull him up on that also

Backs me up asking Mick about his FFA.... couple of posts here I like and it makes Mick look good (vote is another part too obviously)
    If I'm honest I'm bored with the peek talk.

Pick two people, peek them and then we can on with not believing the pair of them and their picks

It's clear he didn't expect the peeks to be on thread at least, so they don't seem to have extra knowledge of the presents.
    Big time, you randomly throw out three names, no explanation, ur asked about it and you counter with a question

Backs up fixxxer here, again twice he comes in on Mick but doesn't really follow up. I think he's hoping a wagon builds on Mick from this. Again plus points in the Mick village column
    I didn’t realise I was the you in that sentence

So no I didn’t

Meh, doesn't want to talk about Uriel - could be nothing, probably is.
    I dont like this post at all Necro, too clunky to be a claim. So what are you at? Trying to avoid a peek?

I regret not pulling him up on this before, I think he's trying to get me to claim a role here.

Admittedly, I was softing something to draw the munch but that's shot to bits now with the mod clear lol.

Ok, final wall post for tonight :P

First up we have another fixxxer and GnR barney here.

fixXxer wrote: »
    In my defense of clearing Rikand, I didn't see a scenario where a false claim like that would have any benefit. Shortsighted of me? Maybe. Maybe if the wolves had a BG they could munch themselves but thats a pretty out there play for Day1 when they know nothing about what the village. It brings attention to Rikand and a single peek could catch them out straight away. There was no counter claim from a BG saying "no I didnt".

G&R shift your eyes up two lines and you'll see justification for my FFA. It's much more than you've contributed so if you wouldn't mind just playing the game that would be super thanks.
    Not that can be seen here, maybe you stuck it in your backroom.

Look, I'm not getting into a row for a second game running.

Not to be rude but I think you've added sweet FA to the thread other than a narko attitude, maybe a good nights sleep would do you no harm

I just can't see two wolves hammering each other like this. Once maybe if they don't interact again but a second time? Nah...
    Well of course you shouldn't say it, you cant be giving Necro kudos for stating the obvious!

Ugh, I should have followed through on my suspicions here - he's doing backflips now regarding the point he didn't understand earlier. A huge 360 from pushing me to stating the obvious.

His first and only interaction with Valeyard here though.
    I wouldn’t say I was particularly vocal about it. I gave a theory on the first peek going on Ted, as he had the second peek. I also gave my reasons for wanted to peek you.

I must say I’m highly suspicious that we get three locked clear villagers D1, this game will be very easy if this is how it’s running.

Knowing Baggly it’s not that straight forward. Rikand is my most likely village.

Necro and BH are in my it’s too good to be true pile

AHA!! Yes, that last bolded line - keep the shade on us, nah. I mean others have suspicions but this should be enough to just believe the mod posts.
    Just after seeing your longer post there Necro

I’m on my phone so I’ll try and answer it as best I can

In my FFA I’m clearly not pushing you hard as a wolf, I’m saying you could be because you were chirpy, I noticed that a few times and I wasn’t the only one. I notice it cause it’s what I do. I’m not sure what you mean by opportunistic?

You go onto say

I really don't like this post if I'm honest. Leaning me wolf but I don't get the feeling he's actually leaning me wolf - I liked the early tree shaking but some posts are giving me the heebies now.

The quote you pull up there is in response to Drumpot asking why I say to peek Necro and not Drumpot. You can’t have it both ways, I can’t be leaning hard on you as a wolf and then leaning hard to have you peeked.

Then you bring up a (iMO meaningless) interaction with MrsFlushDraw cause it didn’t make my FFA. There was a whole lot of posts in between. I also had a row with Fixxer that didn’t make the FFA. Skunk was there because of recency bias.
    It’s D1, like I said clearly when I had Drumpot top of myFFA was that I had no strong feeling. You somehow interpreted my FFA as pushing hard on you. You also think I was pushing hard to get you peeked. It literally can’t be both cause that would make no sense.

But there’s a nice little narrative being created now

I’m also 50/50 about whether I believe these on thread peeks either

Most of this is just responding to my big post re: him and Flushy. The last part there again, hedging my arse, he knows full well we're both clear as day.
    All the ladies have an eye on me Skunk, nothing to be ashamed of

Necro, just read the bit about you dropping coal on Flush, FFS what was I meant to say? Like I said it was a meaningless interaction and ur on me now cause I didn’t react to a flavour gift?

More interaction with Skunk, something I guess. I'm not fussed about this as it's after I brought up their lack of interaction so it's NAI - could be wolfy GnR trying to create an association again.
    Or it could be cause I’d think it was poor form!

Lol, this is funny now with the flip
    Cause she wasn’t here! She came, I interacted, she fecked off, I ran after a different car

He really doesn't want to talk about the Flushy read cos it's bogus. Again, plus points for Flushy, he's not even giving an opinion on what he thinks of her now
    I’ve to go and pick up a couch, doubt I’ll be back before 9 but I’ll do my best

Vote going in for Drumpot as per my FFA

Your FFA you have essentially one person on.
    Go back and read what I said again, she didn’t even cross my mind when I did my FFA. It was just typical early door cage rattling

I did read what you said, it was wolfy shade now with the benefit of hindsight.

Ok I'm done.

He interacted with a lot of people tbf.

My head hurts. I really really wanna take a proper look at those votes but I'm getting sleepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Players:
    Barney
    Bounty Hunter
    Drumpot - Voted Wolf
    Duffers - Voted Wolf
    Fixxxer
    G&R - Dead Wolfy ****er
    Khalessi
    Kitten K
    LadySkunk
    Mick - Voted Wolf
    MrsFlush - Voted Wolf
    Necro - Mods declared NRV
    Rikand - Survived wolf Attack
    Spook
    Ted
    Uriel
    Valeyard
    Yoss

Am I missing anyone?

A peeking list would be based on those cleared somewhat by voting or cleared by other means:
    Barney
    BH
    Fixxxer
    Khalessi
    Kitten
    Skunky
    Spook
    Ted
    Uriel
    Vale
    Yoss

If was picking a top three for peeking, it would probably be Skunky, Uriel and Kitten in no real order but a few low posters in there too. I'm giving the sleeping potion to someone in this group

• Advertisement

Ok I think this is right:

Green&Red (4) - duffman13, MrsFlushdraw, MicksJaguar, Drumpot
    Spook_ie (4) - Ted_YNWA, LadySkunk, y0ssar1an22, kitten_k
    MicksJaguar (3) - Uriel., Rikand, khalessi
    y0ssar1an22 (1) - TheValeyard
    MrsFlushdraw (1) - Necro
    Uriel. (1) - Spook_ie
    Drumpot (1) - Green&Red
    fixXxer (1) - Bounty Hunter
    Barney92 (1) - fixXxer

Hmmmm... did Barney not vote?

Spook is on there twice as well, I think his later vote was for Uriel though gauging on the timestamps.

I'm not gonna bother colouring any of me Rikand or BH as green but you all know the score there anyways.

Now to stare at this for about 30 mins and make some conclusions lol.

I think flushy looks good after tonight as she could have landed on me with what she was saying on thread but voted Gnr instead.

Like she had an out and wasn't locked in vote me.

Drummer looks good as you said about voting late.

I do think its possible Kalehsi got on the wrong wagon maybe to try save Gnr that maybe the wold miscalculated who was getting the most votes.

But i'll have to see who was declaring what on thread at the time, a few did declare me as I already said.

duffers if you want to resolve the wagons you could probably snooze Spook and we decide whether to wake him up tomorrow.

Means we can look at fresh targets tomorrow

duffman13 wrote: »
    Players:
    Barney
    Bounty Hunter - mod declared NRV
    Drumpot - Voted Wolf
    Duffers - Voted Wolf
    Fixxxer
    G&R - Dead Wolfy ****er
    Khalessi
    Kitten K
    LadySkunk
    Mick - Voted Wolf
    MrsFlush - Voted Wolf
    Necro - Mods declared NRV
    Rikand - Survived wolf Attack
    Spook
    Ted
    Uriel
    Valeyard
    Yoss

Am I missing anyone?

A peeking list would be based on those cleared somewhat by voting or cleared by other means:
    Barney
    Fixxxer
    Khalessi
    Kitten
    Skunky
    Spook
    Ted
    Uriel
    Vale
    Yoss

If was picking a top three for peeking, it would probably be Skunky, Uriel and Kitten in no real order but a few low posters in there too. I'm giving the sleeping potion to someone in this group

Don't snooze Uriel, he's got a tracking power

And Skunk has a protect active

Spook, yosser or kitten for me

I think flushy looks good after tonight as she could have landed on me with what she was saying on thread but voted Gnr instead.

Like she had an out and wasn't locked in vote me.

Drummer looks good as you said about voting late.

I do think its possible Kalehsi got on the wrong wagon maybe to try save Gnr that maybe the wold miscalculated who was getting the most votes.

But i'll have to see who was declaring what on thread at the time, a few did declare me as I already said.

I really wanna flip Spook tbh, if he was a villager we might get a better picture.

It's possible they just didn't expect GnR to pull in so many votes in which case I'm thinking one on Spook (if village)

Two off wagon in the single voters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necro wrote: »
    Ok I think this is right:

Green&Red (4) - duffman13, MrsFlushdraw, MicksJaguar, Drumpot
    Spook_ie (4) - Ted_YNWA, LadySkunk, y0ssar1an22, kitten_k
    MicksJaguar (3) - Uriel., Rikand, khalessi
    y0ssar1an22 (1) - TheValeyard
    MrsFlushdraw (1) - Necro
    Uriel. (1) - Spook_ie
    Drumpot (1) - Green&Red
    fixXxer (1) - Bounty Hunter
    Barney92 (1) - fixXxer

Hmmmm... did Barney not vote?

Spook is on there twice as well, I think his later vote was for Uriel though gauging on the timestamps.

I'm not gonna bother colouring any of me Rikand or BH as green but you all know the score there anyways.

Now to stare at this for about 30 mins and make some conclusions lol.

I thought I voted for FixXxer but maybe I did something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

if spook is good then we'll have to look at those 4 voters, including myself

I really wanna flip Spook tbh, if he was a villager we might get a better picture.

It's possible they just didn't expect GnR to pull in so many votes in which case I'm thinking one on Spook (if village)

Two off wagon in the single voters

I'm not sure there was a few declarations for him, i deffo said it, I actually thought you were going to, i'll need to iso the declarations but tbh it'll probably me tomoro

I actually think he is a villager tbh but I can't be certain. Wagons were weird and he kinda walked himself up the garden path.

If we're worried he was trying to get lynched I'd have duff snooze him tbh and we can figure out what to do tomorrow post munch

Right I'm off to bed. Work in the morning.

Laters folks.

Will have a look at the lynch votes while I drift off

• Advertisement

I kind of get where he was coming for a bounty was like voting no lynch but its also a bit if a cop out

But like I just dont know im so paranoid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Don't snooze Uriel, he's got a tracking power

And Skunk has a protect active

Spook, yosser or kitten for me

Cool, I'm being strategic with when I put in the order, so the option to bring back may not be there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well if I oversleep in the morning better tell you to start looking now then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

@Duff

Bounty Hunter also already peeked NRV on thread - for your nuts

nuts = notes

what an amusing mis-type :)

Rikand wrote:
    what an amusing mis-type

Can't sleep. Talk to me about the votes Rikand, what's your impression.

For some reason I don't like the Vale vote on yosser, it's too... safe?

Can't sleep. Talk to me about the votes Rikand, what's your impression.

For some reason I don't like the Vale vote on yosser, it's too... safe?

Day1 - you vote for who you think its wolfy. I wouldnt read anything into it at the moment

Just after seeing your longer post there Necro

I’m on my phone so I’ll try and answer it as best I can

In my FFA I’m clearly not pushing you hard as a wolf, I’m saying you could be because you were chirpy, I noticed that a few times and I wasn’t the only one. I notice it cause it’s what I do. I’m not sure what you mean by opportunistic?

You go onto say

I really don't like this post if I'm honest. Leaning me wolf but I don't get the feeling he's actually leaning me wolf - I liked the early tree shaking but some posts are giving me the heebies now.

The quote you pull up there is in response to Drumpot asking why I say to peek Necro and not Drumpot. You can’t have it both ways, I can’t be leaning hard on you as a wolf and then leaning hard to have you peeked.

Then you bring up a (iMO meaningless) interaction with MrsFlushDraw cause it didn’t make my FFA. There was a whole lot of posts in between. I also had a row with Fixxer that didn’t make the FFA. Skunk was there because of recency bias.
    It’s D1, like I said clearly when I had Drumpot top of myFFA was that I had no strong feeling. You somehow interpreted my FFA as pushing hard on you. You also think I was pushing hard to get you peeked. It literally can’t be both cause that would make no sense.

But there’s a nice little narrative being created now

I’m also 50/50 about whether I believe these on thread peeks either

this wasn't the post but it was gnr doubling down on the fixxxer fight again

As regards the rest of the votes, I'd be inclined to leave everyone who voted for GnR for at least a day - way too easy for a wolf to vote anyone else. The whole wolf team can lump on a villager day1 and not be outed

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Votes

Whose exile would you like to see this evening? Who are you? Timestamp Total
    Green&Red Duffers 12/16/2019 19:33:04 1
    Drumpot 12/16/2019 20:31:32 1
    MrsFlush 12/16/2019 19:46:54 1
    Mick 12/16/2019 19:58:14 1
    Green&Red Total 4
    Spook_ie LadySkunk 12/16/2019 19:31:40 1
    Kitten K 12/16/2019 20:17:39 1
    Ted 12/16/2019 19:08:20 1
    Yoss 12/16/2019 20:08:40 1
    Spook_ie Total 4
    MicksJaguar Uriel 12/16/2019 19:33:26 1
    Rikand 12/16/2019 20:03:36 1
    Khalessi 12/16/2019 20:30:07 1
    MicksJaguar Total 3
    y0ssar1an22 Valeyard 12/16/2019 19:34:38 1
    y0ssar1an22 Total 1
    MrsFlushDraw Necro 12/16/2019 20:17:59 1
    MrsFlushDraw Total 1
    Bounty Hunter spook 12/16/2019 17:37:06 1
    Bounty Hunter Total 1
    Drumpot G&R 12/16/2019 19:45:35 1
    Drumpot Total 1
    Uriel spook 12/16/2019 18:45:54 1
    Uriel Total 1
    FixXer Bounty Hunter 12/16/2019 16:46:30 1
    FixXer Total 1
    Barney92 Fixxxer 12/16/2019 17:43:10 1
    Barney92 Total 1

I cant believe the last vote was at 8:31 - 29 minutes before EOD

Either wolves werent active at EOD or they thought their teammates were all safe. Even green must have thought he was safe when hes the only person on Drummie. Obviously we have no idea what Spook is, but a peek into that wagon might be no harm. Even some non invasive way to resolve the spook wagon would be good. Peeking Spook itself

Advertisement