Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use 2 Irish stamps to send letter to USA?

Options
  • 15-12-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Not sure where to post this so move if necessary.

Can I send a letter to the USA using 2 regular Irish postage stamps instead of an international one? Also, do I have to use one of those blue airmail stickers or does it make any difference (don't have one on hand now)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Use two stamps and write air mail on the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Just a bit late for post before Christmas.... usual stamp for international is 1 70 so two national stamps would be 2 euro. Only two rates of post now so same for GB as USA, Aus etc

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sheepers

Garlinge wrote: »
    Just a bit late for post before Christmas.... usual stamp for international is 1 70 so two national stamps would be 2 euro. Only two rates of post now so same for GB as USA, Aus etc

Crap. When was the deadline? Popped it in the mailbox there so I'll hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

sheepers wrote: »
    Crap. When was the deadline? Popped it in the mailbox there so I'll hope for the best.

10th December was the last official date for the US but it may still be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

#1 - yes you can use two stamps

#2 - You don't need any "international" marking or "airmail" sticker. All international mail goes airmail.

#3 - good chance it will arrive in time

• Advertisement
Advertisement