Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir blocking protocol 41? Does eir do native v6?

Options
  • 15-12-2019 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi - quick questions. I'm trying to get a 6to4 tunnel up and for the life of me nothing works. I'm wondering if eir blocks p41/RFC4213 - This is a simple config i've done multiple times with other providers and in other countries.

F2000 (bridged) --> cisco 3825 --> LAN

#sh run int tun0
    Building configuration...

Current configuration : 223 bytes
    !
    interface Tunnel0
    description Hurricane Electric IPv6 Tunnel Broker
    no ip address
    ipv6 address 2001:470:<truncated>/64
    ipv6 enable
    tunnel source 86.<truncated>
    tunnel destination 216.<truncated>
    tunnel mode ipv6ip
    end

I've also tried setting up the 3825 as a v6 DHCP client and haven't gotten anywhere for native v6 - I haven't put much time into troubleshooting this one, but am curious if eir do native v6 handouts? I had read that they do now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Eir does native IPv6, so I'm not sure, why you are faffing around with legacy migration mechanisms and tunnels.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Marlow wrote: »
    Eir does native IPv6, so I'm not sure, why you are faffing around with legacy migration mechanisms and tunnels.

/M

Probably using PPP so bypassing the local v6 pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

ED E wrote: »
    Probably using PPP so bypassing the local v6 pool.

Is Eir not propagating IPv6 on PPPoE also ? That would be a bit nonsense.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They used not anyways.

Advertisement