Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessagea and WhatsApp messages not transferring

• 15-12-2019 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to advise me on this. I’m transferring form an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6. I probably rushed it a bit and didn’t make sure message and WhatsApp were backed up. Before doing the change we upgraded to 50g iCloud storage. But after transferring to the 6, the imessages and WhatsApp messages are only up to September. I went back to the old phone and backed up the WhatsApp data via Wi-Fi and turned on the iMessage backup to iCloud. On the new phone a notice came up within iMessages saying it was updating. However it didn’t update. Also nothing has updated in WhatsApp.

I’d be grateful if there were any suggestions! 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

SomeDude wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to advise me on this. I’m transferring form an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6. I probably rushed it a bit and didn’t make sure message and WhatsApp were backed up. Before doing the change we upgraded to 50g iCloud storage. But after transferring to the 6, the imessages and WhatsApp messages are only up to September. I went back to the old phone and backed up the WhatsApp data via Wi-Fi and turned on the iMessage backup to iCloud. On the new phone a notice came up within iMessages saying it was updating. However it didn’t update. Also nothing has updated in WhatsApp.

I’d be grateful if there were any suggestions! ��

Thanks in advance.

Try to backup on iTunes with encryption enabled and then restore to new phone. iMessage in cloud is still ihas few bugs so iTunes is best option.

Advertisement