Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse of power by moderator

Options
  • 15-12-2019 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

The Moderator 2011 continues to abuse his power in the Electrical section of the forum.

Most recently he made an incorrect claim about something which I had posted, to which I responded.

My response was deleted and the thread locked, with his original incorrect claim left in place.

This moderator has a long history of such abuses of power.

He must be censured.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

From what I can see the mod made the correct decision to close the thread as it was degenerating into personal abuse (initiated by you in post #16) and the OPs question had been answered.
    In your first post in the thread you made an absolute claim that
    Risteard81 wrote: »
    A phase conductor is not red.
    Not that it is usually not red, it's not supposed to be red or it shouldn't be read but you said it is not red. Most people would read this to mean never, under any circumtances.

Later you said
    Risteard81 wrote: »
    I didn't claim that it didn't happen.
    where 'it' referred to a phase conductor being red but your first statement did claim that without using those specific words.
    Perhaps more context in your initial post would have made your position more clear if that wasn't what you actually meant to say but we only have the words you posted to go by.

I can see from the overall tone of the thread that there is some tension between some users which I don't like to see.

If this is the only example you have, there is no issue with how the thread was handled by the moderator.

If you have any other specific examples, please do PM me or post them here with links.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I would just like to add that it was followed by this:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058038654

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

From what I can see the mod made the correct decision to close the thread as it was degenerating into personal abuse (initiated by you in post #16) and the OPs question had been answered.
    In your first post in the thread you made an absolute claim that Not that it is usually not red, it's not supposed to be red or it shouldn't be read but you said it is not red. Most people would read this to mean never, under any circumtances.

Later you said
    where 'it' referred to a phase conductor being red but your first statement did claim that without using those specific words.
    Perhaps more context in your initial post would have made your position more clear if that wasn't what you actually meant to say but we only have the words you posted to go by.

I can see from the overall tone of the thread that there is some tension between some users which I don't like to see.

If this is the only example you have, there is no issue with how the thread was handled by the moderator.

If you have any other specific examples, please do PM me or post them here with links.

Thanks.

I'm sorry but "a phase conductor is not red" very, very obviously means that it is prohibited to be red. In no way can it be taken to mean that it is impossible for someone to incorrectly use red, and no-one could reasonably take it to mean that. 2011 is just being his usual self making such a suggestion.

In a previous thread he also had a go at me for answering someone's question about Hi-Tuff (NYY-J) cable, stating that he was talking about NYM-J and my post wasn't relevant. Someone else pointed out that the original post was indeed about NYY-J and that he was the only one to bring NYM-J into it. When I responded my post was deleted.

On another occasion I was banned from the forum for pointing out to a poster that it is illegal and unlawful for anyone other than a Registered Electrical Contractor to carry out Restricted Electrical Works. You would think informing people of the law so that they don't inadvertently break it would not be a bannable offence.

And on yet another occasion I was banned for correcting him by pointing out that RECI are the only Electrical Safety Supervisory Body in response to a post of his mentioning ECSSA who had their licence revoked.

Let's call a spade a spade - he doesn't like people from the Six Counties and that's what this is all about. Even when he's wrong he will just delete posts to make himself look better and issue unjust bans.

Bruthal is part of his cabal and frankly their actions are nothing short of bullying which should not be tolerated on this forum. I certainly won't tolerate them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement