Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What a waste of our Money

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

death??!!! okay these ridiculous statements are not helping your cause.

no point getting up early in the morning to kill yourself working 10 hours a day like the middle classes. Either join the leeches of society, or figure out how to get rich and start using offshore funds to hide your money. pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Can’t, too busy

Posting sh1t on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Many , many moons ago , was collecting a co- worker in a local housing estate at approx 7:30am . Saw a few guys walking out the front door of one house , with a TV , tumble dryer etc etc ( all household electrical equipment ) and going in the front door of the house next door . Told the guy I was collecting what I saw , and suggested phoning the Gardai . He told me not to bother , as it was a common occurrence once someone from the social welfare was calling to evaluate the conditions the claiments were living in ( cheques being issued for missing electrical equipment in the property ) . According to the guy's wife , after the officials from the social welfare left , all the items were moved back into the property !!

A few years later , while working in retail security in a local toy store , had to intervene in a row between the store manager and a customer . Customer , a few days earlier , had priced a cot , pram , buggy etc etc ( total in the region of €1200 ) . Came back a few days later with a cheque from the social welfare for that amount , but did not want the items he had originally priced , but items that in total came to approx € 700 . Manager insisted he take the original items and so a row insued . Solution suggested was , ring the social welfare and inform them of what was occuring . Manager rang the social welfare and was instructed to give the costomer the items valued at € 700 , plus the change ( € 500 ) from the cheque !!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Posting sh1t on boards

That’s subjective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,244 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Many , many moons ago , was collecting a co- worker in a local housing estate at approx 7:30am . Saw a few guys walking out the front door of one house , with a TV , tumble dryer etc etc ( all household electrical equipment ) and going in the front door of the house next door . Told the guy I was collecting what I saw , and suggested phoning the Gardai . He told me not to bother , as it was a common occurrence once someone from the social welfare was calling to evaluate the conditions the claiments were living in ( cheques being issued for missing electrical equipment in the property ) . According to the guy's wife , after the officials from the social welfare left , all the items were moved back into the property !!

A few years later , while working in retail security in a local toy store , had to intervene in a row between the store manager and a customer . Customer , a few days earlier , had priced a cot , pram , buggy etc etc ( total in the region of €1200 ) . Came back a few days later with a cheque from the social welfare for that amount , but did not want the items he had originally priced , but items that in total came to approx € 700 . Manager insisted he take the original items and so a row insued . Solution suggested was , ring the social welfare and inform them of what was occuring . Manager rang the social welfare and was instructed to give the costomer the items valued at € 700 , plus the change ( € 500 ) from the cheque !!!!!!!!!!

Horsecock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Not enforced at all....

Travellers don't follow these rules...

CA are very strict i've dealt with them many times

Forms have to be stamped by school regularly enough- you don't get it without the stamp

No idea about travellers

smurgen wrote: »
    they'd be right.why take accountability from a government that is unaccountable? You're the same person defending expense fiddling and the clicking in scandal on other threads

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Geuze wrote: »
    People keep saying that the "DSP buying buggies" is an urban myth.

It is not.

They do give out cash for that purpose.

The funniest one is where recipients go into the CWO, and say "I lost my money".

The CWO has paid out cash based on that reason.

These are known as Exceptional Needs payments.

No, the myth is that they get so many they don't bother folding up the buggie at the bustop because its so easy to get another one.

sounds believeable and ive heard of this something similar happening. suppose the manager had the option of not accepting the cheque but would lose out on sales. it would need to be a social welfare cheque that was verified by SW over the phone. As otherwise there is a risk in handing out 500euro and only accepting a cheque that could be cancelled.

FF gave out alot of these benefits during the boom time for votes. its been too difficult for FG to reign these benefits back.

If there is genuine poverty in Ireland, i havent seen it. Go to India and Africa to see some real poverty.

• Advertisement

Let him at it for while ?
    I'd like to know who'll do the executions ?

They'll be done via CE schemes. Sonndar Kommando recruited from long term unemployed, they either participate or are offed themselves. A great incentire to employment. Plus, they get to keep their Medical Cards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

368100 wrote: »
    So my sister is a layabout who had a kid and expects others to provide for her ever since, child is 12 now and she hasn't tried to get a job since.

She got her council house a few years ago and has had a rotation of equally layabout boyfriends living with her.

The latest one, on breaking up with her cut the power cables on fridge and washing machine right beside the back of the appliance so couldn't be used without the cable replaced. What did the council do when it was reported? Told her to go and get 3 prices of new appliances and then paid for a new one of each for her.
    Like WTF!?....for the sake of a few euro of cable and an hour at most of an electrician time this is the way taxpayers money is spent. Apparently would have been deemed too dangerous to just replace the cable.
    Country is mad!...

Why didn't you just fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

was just listening to the radio earlier, they were talking about ceo's making 1 million euro per year and if there should be a cap on a salary like this. you can imagine the spongers on facebook, "tey shldnt b on mony lik tat, its a discrace" while they never did a days work in their life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

368100 wrote: »
    So my sister is a layabout who had a kid and expects others to provide for her ever since, child is 12 now and she hasn't tried to get a job since.

She got her council house a few years ago and has had a rotation of equally layabout boyfriends living with her.

The latest one, on breaking up with her cut the power cables on fridge and washing machine right beside the back of the appliance so couldn't be used without the cable replaced. What did the council do when it was reported? Told her to go and get 3 prices of new appliances and then paid for a new one of each for her.
    Like WTF!?....for the sake of a few euro of cable and an hour at most of an electrician time this is the way taxpayers money is spent. Apparently would have been deemed too dangerous to just replace the cable.
    Country is mad!...

Bit young to head out working no?

There isn't a shop in the world that would give you cash back on a cheque before it was cashed. Jesus could people be a tiny bit coherent in their bull**** stories.

And as for the appliances being moved out of houses being really common. Come on. You don't get extra social welfare if you don't have a tumble drier. Its based on your income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

I know a mother living off social welfare. she must spend her time looking up how different things for free (probably citizens infomormation website) as she has the money to drive a 141d large mercedes and a nice iphone. 3 of her kids have their own SNAs in school. nothing noticeably wrong with them. having three SNAs must cost the state an extra 240k a year. And this is just one mother. this happens alot. Apparently people just exaggerate on the SNA application form. while I pay my taxes and all i get are my kids stuck in classes with 33+ kids to the one teacher. largest teacher pupil populations in Europe so these freeloaders can get everyhing handed to them.

Most schools need a diagnosis to be allocated an SNA for a child. It is the school that make that decision & application, not the parent.

• Advertisement

There isn't a shop in the world that would give you cash back on a cheque before it was cashed. Jesus could people be a tiny bit coherent in their bull**** stories.

And as for the appliances being moved out of houses being really common. Come on. You don't get extra social welfare if you don't have a tumble drier. Its based on your income.

have a think about it, it was an Irish state cheque who confirmed it on the phone.

optogirl wrote: »
    Most schools need a diagnosis to be allocated an SNA for a child. It is the school that make that decision & application, not the parent.

the people making the decisions, its their job, and they want an easy job. if they were to say no, they are going to be dealing with hassle and more hassle. Easier to just say yes and have a less stressful job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Why do people want to believe nonsense like the one about the SNA its a relly intersting question. The myths and the rummers these threads attract its odd.

I am sure they are attempted frauds with all welfare, but the system is not willy nilley throwing money at anyone with no checks there is a huge amount of paper work and scrutiny of applicants for anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

She went to her welfare officer, got a cheque for a new appliance,s ,
    the council is only responsible for the house, not for fridge,s or any appliance,s .
    When a single parent moves into a new council house ,
    they get a cheque to buy a new fridge,cooker, washing machine .

the people making the decisions, its their job, and they want an easy job. if they were to say no, they are going to be dealing with hassle and more hassle. Easier to just say yes and have a less stressful job.

Psychiatrists and psychologists, occupational therapists and so on are making up a diagnosis?

• Advertisement

have a think about it, it was an Irish state cheque who confirmed it on the phone.
    Have a think yourself. There is no way this happened. Irish state or not.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Why do people want to believe nonsense like the one about the SNA its a relly intersting question. The myths and the rummers these threads attract its odd.

I am sure they are attempted frauds with all welfare, but the system is not willy nilley throwing money at anyone with no checks there is a huge amount of paper work and scrutiny of applicants for anything

well i cant speak for the whole system. But this example i referred to above and other ones suggests to me that some people know how to game the system and know how to get "me benefits" including SNAs. Ive seen it in 3rd level for some students with very mild conditions getting massive state resources including SNAS.

Of course they do. There is a huge shortage but yet, this mystery woman with the Merc can get one by filling in the form and there is nothing wrong with her kids.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Psychiatrists and psychologists, occupational therapists and so on are making up a diagnosis?

Alot of them are physical so a psychiatrist and psychologist report is irrelevant. The occupational therapist is of course goign to recommend an SNA. If they didnt, they wouldnt get any business. Its a bit like going to a car garage and asking them if they woudl recommend a better car or not.

I mean for the people claiming they should feel a bit shameful but then they justify it as they are not CEOs of big firms brining home a million. But the system is what should be blamed for this. Ive a vested interest. Less fraudelent SNAs means better pupil teacher ratios.

well i cant speak for the whole system. But this example i referred to above and other ones suggests to me that some people know how to game the system and know how to get "me benefits" including SNAs. Ive seen it in 3rd level for some students with very mild conditions getting massive state resources including SNAS.

I have nothing 'noticeably' wrong with me but if I was at school now I would most likely have an SNA. Jesus, why would you begrudge a kid with additional needs support? !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

SNAs now are provided as being part of the resources of the school rather than just for the individual child.

You're right in what you're saying about a diagnosis, so when the child starts school with a diagnosis the can avail of the resources available.

There has been huge recruitment of SNAs along with schools developing facilities for children.

Bollix .

Are all the SNAs these days needed due to inbreeding or what is causing this ?

Always thought people would become more intelligent with each generation

Are all the SNAs these days needed due to inbreeding or what is causing this ?

Always thought people would become more intelligent with each generation

Yeah, that's it inbreeding. What a stupid comment.

ostrichs in the sand on this point it seems. i dont believe the buggy at bus stop story. But see if you can notice any of this SNA stuff im referring to.

ill give you an example of what ive noticed. a guy has 20% hearing loss. So with 80% hearing ability he can make out nearly everything that is being said. (a bit like most men over 60years hahaha). Anyway, he puts in a form to get an SNA in college who can take notes for him. Now he could sit at the front, so he could hear everything. but why should he. he now has an SNA who has to be paid a full time salary to do this.

• Advertisement

Alot of them are physical so a psychiatrist and psychologist report is irrelevant. The occupational therapist is of course goign to recommend an SNA. If they didnt, they wouldnt get any business. Its a bit like going to a car garage and asking them if they woudl recommend a better car or not.

I mean for the people claiming they should feel a bit shameful but then they justify it as they are not CEOs of big firms brining home a million. But the system is what should be blamed for this. Ive a vested interest. Less fraudelent SNAs means better pupil teacher ratios.

Becaue someone with partial disability gets SNA support there are less teachers? if they had no support and hobbled along best they could there would be more teachers?

Occupational therapists are committing fraud to keep their jobs?

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

Yeah, that's it inbreeding. What a stupid comment.

Thanks for confirming

occupational therapist will always have something to work with:

Q. Does the child have any difficulties concentraing. Answer: yes. (kid walks away from homework after 5 minutes)

Q. Does the child have any emotional problems. answer yes ( mother noted kid is quite cheeky and shouts alot)

Q. Does the child have any problems reading? ( Noted spelling was lacking suggesting child is dyslexic)

Not to go off topic, but any assessment for St. Patricks mental institute always results in being admitted.

ostrichs in the sand on this point it seems. i dont believe the buggy at bus stop story. But see if you can notice any of this SNA stuff im referring to.

ill give you an example of what ive noticed. a guy has 20% hearing loss. So with 80% hearing ability he can make out nearly everything that is being said. (a bit like most men over 60years hahaha). Anyway, he puts in a form to get an SNA in college who can take notes for him. Now he could sit at the front, so he could hear everything. but why should he. he now has an SNA who has to be paid a full time salary to do this.

Even more ridiculous the student could just sit at the front because you know for a fact that hearing loss does not have any effect its all nonsense to provided support.

I can't believe people are actually criticizing special needs assistants. Like for kids and college students, really..

Hearing loss doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. Certain sounds and tones and pitches are lost to him forever, regardless of where he sits or hearing aid use. Add to this background noise and it can be very difficult to hear everything accurately. He may be able to cope in everyday situations using context and a bit of lip reading but in a lecture where very specific language is in use he could very easily mis hear. All you are doing here is displaying your ignorance and an astonishing level of begrudery towards people who aren't as fortunate as you.

occupational therapist will always have something to work with:

Q. Does the child have any difficulties concentraing. Answer: yes. (kid walks away from homework after 5 minutes)

Q. Does the child have any emotional problems. answer yes ( mother noted kid is quite cheeky and shouts alot)

Q. Does the child have any problems reading? ( Noted spelling was lacking suggesting child is dyslexic)

Not to go off topic, but any assessment for St. Patricks mental institute always results in being admitted.

Maybe becaue the person needs to be admitted just saying or conversely the public system is good but dose not have the capacity to admit eveyone who need to be admited.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Hearing loss doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. Certain sounds and tones and pitches are lost to him forever, regardless of where he sits or hearing aid use. Add to this background noise and it can be very difficult to hear everything accurately. He may be able to cope in everyday situations using context and a bit of lip reading but in a lecture where very specific language is in use he could very easily mis hear. All you are doing here is displaying your ignorance and an astonishing level of begrudery towards people who aren't as fortunate as you.

No , I think they're more fortunate than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Have a think yourself. There is no way this happened. Irish state or not.

I didn't believe such stories myself , until witnessed with my own eyes . Keep your head in the sand mate , head down Workin hard . Your better off not knowing what's REALLY going on out there !!

Also , another poster mentioned the word " horsecock " . Well , if your out working your ass off , paying all your bills and being an honest little citizen , well you should be used to being shafted by a cock of similar size . Just keep the head in the sand , and carry on !!

• Advertisement

I didn't believe such stories myself , until witnessed with my own eyes . Keep your head in the sand mate , head down Workin hard . Your better off not knowing what's REALLY going on out there !!

Also , another poster mentioned the word " horsecock " . Well , if your out working your ass off , paying all your bills and being an honest little citizen , well you should be used to being shafted by a cock of similar size . Just keep the head in the sand , and carry on !!

Yeah, just make the stories a little bit more believable. There is loads of fraud going on but no shop is giving money on a cheque that they haven't cashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

st1979 wrote: »
    No it's your community welfare officer who does.

Possibly the StVdeP. They sometimes replace broken doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

lawred2 wrote: »
    Why didn't you just fix it?

I'm not a registered electrician

Advertisement