Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Respray

Options
  • 16-12-2019 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Lads I’m looking to have my ZZR1100 resprayed
    Any recommendations as to where to have it done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Harry Fox

Based in Nass
    I was putting petrol in it and the tank paint blistered

Ken in the Motorcycle Paint shop , he's in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Harry Fox

Is he good,expensive.thanks ?

Harry Fox wrote: »
    Is he good,expensive.thanks ?

Give him a call, you get what you pay for with any paint job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

There's some guy down that way too isn't there...near Mondello or somewhere? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Ken will give you 1 price via whats app after you send him photos,as per his request,then he will give you a totally different price when you meet him in person. Usually much more expensive with the extra added excuses thrown in for good measure.

That is my experience of him from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

Yeah he is supposed to be ****e aswell. Tbh why not just bring it to a car place, that's what I have done in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I've seen Ken's work...it's "ok"...but you don't get what you pay for....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Ger conlon in cork..
    Outstanding work...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Ger conlon in cork..
    Outstanding work...

Gers work is spot on and he's good to deal with.

Harry Fox wrote: »
    Lads I’m looking to have my ZZR1100 resprayed
    Any recommendations as to where to have it done

Sorry I never went into more detail as to who I used before. Carcraft crash repairs in Ainsley place Dublin. I took off all the fairing and brought it to them, they did a perfect colour match and the job was pretty good and the price was very good. About half of what the guy mentioned below was quoting me. Think it was 250 for the majority of fairings probably be 300 for a whole bike.

Little bit of orange peel but tbf every car on the road these days has orange peel, you could go balls out and get somewhere to do an unbelievable job but you won't get any change out of a grand I would say and for the bike we are talking about I doubt it's worth doing that. Paint job on most bikes is crap anyway from factory

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ger conlon in cork..
    Outstanding work...

He did some work on an Aprilia of mine a few years ago. He replicated the stunningly expensive factory graphics in paint. Absolutely spot on work and reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

+1 for Ger Conlon. Have had some work done by him, excellent workmanship and great prices. Work done by a biker for bikers.

Once all of this covid stuff finishes I’ll be getting many parts of my bikes done by him.

cantdecide wrote: »
    He did some work on an Aprilia of mine a few years ago. He replicated the stunningly expensive factory graphics in paint. Absolutely spot on work and reasonably priced.

As one of at least two aprilia nuts on here I have to ask, any pics?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Goose81 wrote: »
    Sorry I never went into more detail as to who I used before. Carcraft crash repairs in Ainsley place Dublin. I took off all the fairing and brought it to them, they did a perfect colour match and the job was pretty good and the price was very good. About half of what the guy mentioned below was quoting me. Think it was 250 for the majority of fairings probably be 300 for a whole bike.

Little bit of orange peel but tbf every car on the road these days has orange peel, you could go balls out and get somewhere to do an unbelievable job but you won't get any change out of a grand I would say and for the bike we are talking about I doubt it's worth doing that. Paint job on most bikes is crap anyway from factory

€300 for a while bike respray? I thought it'd be way more.

I've always wanted to get the Super Four resprayed but figured it'd be economic lunacy.

Sure if you take the fairing off and bring it to them it's a piss easy job for them, just make sure to remove all the clips etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Goose81 wrote: »
    Sure if you take the fairing off and bring it to them it's a piss easy job for them, just make sure to remove all the clips etc

Ah sorry, I should have specified... what I have in mind is a tank respray, also get the plastics resprayed and ideally the frame too. Doubt I'd get that for €300 :P:D

H_Lime wrote: »
    As one of at least two aprilia nuts on here I have to ask, any pics?:)

Love the Italian stuff...

Not sure if this'll work with the site gremlins at the moment

511804.png

Love the Italian stuff...

Not sure if this'll work with the site gremlins at the moment

511804.png
    01 mille? Very nice!
    Own one and they get under the skin;)

• Advertisement

I loved mine and I'll get another, I'm sure! There's a lovely Caponard on Adverts at the moment giving me naughty thoughts!!

I loved mine and I'll get another, I'm sure! There's a lovely Caponard on Adverts at the moment giving me naughty thoughts!!
    Oh I must have a gawk at it. I've my capo over 10 yrs, love the thing.
    Red falco on for 1500 too, love mine when I had it.
    Hope to see a rotax ape on your bench soon;)

Why all the hatred for the motorcycle paint shop ? Is it that bad ?

Ger Conlon did some work on one of my bikes and it came back looking factory. Couldn't fault it.

D3V!L wrote: »

Ger Conlon did some work on one of my bikes and it came back looking factory. Couldn't fault it.

I had a small job done by him as well a few years ago and couldn't fault him. He does excellent work.

I had a small job done by him as well a few years ago and couldn't fault him. He does excellent work.

Me too, he's a sound lad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

It's not hatred.
    It's called personal experience of dealing with him.
    Personally I wouldnt use him again after the excuses he gave me in the past.
    I found a fantastic painter who did top class work for me and didn't jump the price up or give me any bull**** excuses either about the job and the pricing of it.

I was gona get my bike done by him but did a search on biker.ie and there was multiple lads saying they had to get him to respray their stuff again after they weren't happy with it.

The way I see it is there are alot more cars being repaired than bikes and that's why I went with a car place, cheaper and probably a better job.

Although your man steff SD designs is supposed to be class he charges accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

OP, did you get this done in the end? If so where did you go and was the job any good?

Thinking of geting a full respray (White to Black)

Advertisement