Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fine dining restaurants in Dublin

Options
  • 16-12-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hey guys, looking for some suggestions for some fine dining restaurants in dublin. Need to go to celebrate my wedding anniversary 😊.

I was thinking Issabelles or Fire restaurant but ive never been there before.

Also would be ideal if theres parking close by as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fire is very nice spot, there would be paid parking here off Dawson Street:
    https://www.q-park.ie/en-gb/cities/dublin/dawson-street/

There were some good suggestions on this recent thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111709339

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Pearl Brassiere
    Dax
    Both amazing restaurants that you will not be disappointed with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Hey guys, looking for some suggestions for some fine dining restaurants in dublin. Need to go to celebrate my wedding anniversary 😊.

Thanks!

Isabelle’s or indeed any Press Up
    Venue is about as far away from ‘fine dining’ or indeed quality that you can get.

Fire is naf imo but some like it

Actual ‘fine dining’ options in Dublin

The Greenhouse (best restaurant in DUB imo)
    Bastible
    Locks
    Chapter One
    Rosa Madre
    One Pico
    Patrick Guilbaud

Obviously that list isn’t exhaustive but I would happily recommend any of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thanks!
    I don't think either of those would be fine dining.
    Chapter one gets my vote terrific food and excellent service, plenty of places to park near there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chapter One here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Mr fox

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Fire is crap imo, the dining room itself is impressive but the food is so far below average considering the quality of restaurant in Dublin these days. There's no way I'll ever eat there again.

Ate in Bastible recently and it was really excellent. I'm going to The Greenhouse this week, need to remortgage the house for it but looking forward to it anyway.

Wouldn't class Fire as 'fine dining'. It's decent and a spectacular setting, but the food is just regular fare, maybe a little towards the higher end of the scale.

Another recommendation for Chapter One. Pretty much the nicest food I've had anywhere in the world (this place is a close second). Haven't been to Patrick Guilbaud yet, though it is in the pipeline.

Places I'd avoid: Shanahan's and L'Ecrivain

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't know if it's fine dining, but Forest and Marcy is the absolute bomb, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a Michelin Star sooner or later.
    I found Patrick Geebag's to be underwhelming, amazing service and setting, but the food was only comme si comme ca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rub a Dub

Fire is not fine dining. Nice aesthetics, and good for a get together though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Fire is crap imo, the dining room itself is impressive but the food is so far below average considering the quality of restaurant in Dublin these days. There's no way I'll ever eat there again.

Ate in Bastible recently and it was really excellent. I'm going to The Greenhouse this week, need to remortgage the house for it but looking forward to it anyway.

Agreed, it's almost like a mess hall rather then a fine dinning experience, way over priced for what it is, Just off topic, visited Rustic stone recently, probably the least impressed I've been in 20 years of eating out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Yeah, agreed on Fire... has a canteen quality about it!

I'd go Chapter One or Rose Madre. Still have to try Mr. Fox, hearing really good things. I find Guilbauds a bit over the top and stiff even for fine dining, waiters seem almost nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Patrick Guilbaud or Mr Fox. Although Mr Fox is not as nice surroundings. I haven't been to the Greenhouse yet, going on Saurday.

Patrick Guilbaud or Mr Fox. Although Mr Fox is not as nice surroundings. I haven't been to the Greenhouse yet, going on Saurday.

Ambience or location? Greenhouse is lovely, but stick a review up on here after will you? Haven't been in a while.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Ambience or location? Greenhouse is lovely, but stick a review up on here after will you? Haven't been in a while.

Just the basementy aspect of it. It's not as pretty surroundings. Still lovely place with amazing food. Patrick guibauld has a nicer ambience.

Location doesn't bother me although may upset some.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Places I'd avoid: Shanahan's and L'Ecrivain

Agreed on Shannahan's, my OH raved about it having been there a few years ago but I found it to be overpriced and pretentious while not really living up to it on the food stakes.

Chapter One is good all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Haven't been to Mr Fox yet but keep hearing rave reviews from friends

Haven't been to Mr Fox yet but keep hearing rave reviews from friends

Food is amazing. I think you should go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Greenhouse. Cliff Townhouse. Eto. Pearl. Uno Mas. One Pico.

Wouldn’t piss on Fire if it was actually on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Chapter One, L'Ecrivain, One Pico, Greenhouse all fantastic. Have been to Fire a couple of times before, wasn't great.
    Etto is also very nice but more casual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Food is amazing. I think you should go

It's where I'm demanding to be brought for my bday in Feb!

On a side note I find michelin star places always a bit underwhelming due to my own high expectations. Places like Mr Fox which might be on the way to a michelin star are best to visit before it happens

MiliMe wrote: »
    Agreed on Shannahan's, my OH raved about it having been there a few years ago but I found it to be overpriced and pretentious while not really living up to it on the food stakes.

Chapter One is good all round.

Agreed 100% You'd get a better steak in Darwins. Or at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Seafood in Rosa Madre is second to none, great seating upstairs too, very romantic.

Carpentry wrote: »
    Seafood in Rosa Madre is second to none, great seating upstairs too, very romantic.

Yeah, the turbot is amazing if they have it I fresh. (I don't think they'd have it in any other way).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Another vote for Chapter One here. It's just absolutely fantastic.

Fire isnt anywhere near fine dining. It's bog standard restaurant grub youd get anywhere in Ireland and I've had better carvery, I never felt robbed leaving a restaurant until I ate there. Most impressive thing about the place is the room but not worth going for that alone.

Have eaten in L'Ecrivain once and while it was a great experience I'd struggle to return since I'm comparing it to Chapter One as they're both Michelin Star and Chapter One beats it in every single aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Greenhouse. Cliff Townhouse. Eto. Pearl. Uno Mas. One Pico.

Wouldn’t piss on Fire if it was actually on fire.

I've been totally underwhelmed in Cliff Townhouse by both food and service. I have no plans to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think either of those would be fine dining.
    Chapter one gets my vote terrific food and excellent service, plenty of places to park near there.

Also vouch for Chapter One.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MiliMe wrote: »
    Agreed on Shannahan's, my OH raved about it having been there a few years ago but I found it to be overpriced and pretentious
    I found it not pretentious enough. I dressed up for dinner and the dining room was full of Americans in t-shirts. Disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Another vote for Mr Fox and Etto here. Food superb in both, but Mr Fox more comfortable. Not quite fine dining, but Kinara Kitchen (Ranelagh & Fairview) is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

fullstop wrote: »
    Another vote for Mr Fox and Etto here. Food superb in both, but Mr Fox more comfortable. Not quite fine dining, but Kinara Kitchen (Ranelagh & Fairview) is really good.

Right postcode, wrong suburb - its Clontarf not Fairview. Great views though looking out towards the wooden bridge.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement