Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here lost their Switch carts?

• 16-12-2019 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭

I've never had a phobia about losing €60 games until I got my Switch Lite recently and had to deal with the fricking tiny carts.

Even my old Gameboy games were at least 10cm wide.

I suppose the closest would have been the old DS carts, but there must be some horror stories out there of dogs swallowing carts, or people losing them out of their bags?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My nephew lost his Dragon Quest Builders 2 cartridge.
    For all we know, it could have been vacuumed.
    Those carts are just too damn small!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd say vacuum cleaners have claimed a fair amount of Switch cartridge casualties, especially where kids are involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

My Roomba decided to pull down all my Xmas tree lights over the weekend (I think it got hooked onto the bottom wire) and swallowed them up in a convoluted mess that involved me taking it apart.

Now I've got ANOTHER thing to worry about it eating up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Part of the reason I got purely digital. No resale value but no risk of losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Donutz

I bought a case for my switch that has lots of slots for cartridges. All my games are there so when I change game the cartridge in the switch goes back into the case. Never lost or misplaced a cartridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Donutz wrote: »
    I bought a case for my switch that has lots of slots for cartridges. All my games are there so when I change game the cartridge in the switch goes back into the case. Never lost or misplaced a cartridge.

You could put them back in their box as well if your not travelling. Other than a small child who would leave them laying in a place to get hoovered after you paid 50/60 quid for them.

Advertisement