Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford travellers in major row on towns main Street.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

pgj2015 wrote: »
    what I could never figure out is why do they hate each other so much? all travellers not just the longford ones. you would think they would get on if anything, seeing as no one else likes them.

Less a fued as a turf war.

It's gangs fighting over territory and business, one of the names in the Indo article was a major mover in drugs tru the Midlands into the west since the 1990s, the other is allegedly tied in with the newer Keneghan organisation.

That's the background, and the politicians and authorities/media are playing it down terming it a fued.

It's a laugh really.... There is one FF Councillor in Longford calling on CAB to do something about these gangsters for the last 10 years, and then another writing them (not) character references for their recent court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

Says it all about who's in who's pocket....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,319 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Less a fued as a turf war.

It's gangs fighting over territory and business, one of the names in the Indo article was a major mover in drugs tru the Midlands into the west since the 1990s, the other is allegedly tied in with the newer Keneghan organisation.

That's the background, and the politicians and authorities/media are playing it down terming it a fued.

It's a laugh really.... There is one FF Councillor in Longford calling on CAB to do something about these gangsters for the last 10 years, and then another writing them (not) character references for their recent court case.

I was just taking generally about why travellers are always feuding but yes I get the impression that the gardai are going after these guys like the way they did in limerick with the Dundons but as you say its being downplayed a fair bit.
    hopefully the are put away for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I was just taking generally about why travellers are always feuding but yes I get the impression that the gardai are going after these guys like the way they did in limerick with the Dundons but as you say its being downplayed a fair bit.
    hopefully the are put away for a long time.

Outside of Dublin its reckoned 90% of drugs market is controlled by travellers. Limerick,Sligo,Galway,Wexford,Longford , Clare ,Westmeath etc etc.
    Biggest problem for travellers these days is where to bury all the cash.
    Everywhere they put in their horses would be a good place for CAB to start digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Why, were you having doubts?

In relation to some groups appearing to be above and beyond the law, yes I'm afraid. As a state, I think we are very much a work in progress. The Travelling community are not the sole offenders either. I find the raids most reassuring. It is hard for a cynic such as I even to fault the diligence of the CAB. We can but praise them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Edit - in hindsight - this thread is now quite a few months old. Any discussion that was to be had on this topic is done and dusted. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement