Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branch Address for insurance claim

• 16-12-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place, and potentially a silly question, but I'm making a car insurance claim and it requires the branch address of my bank?

I live in the UK, opened the original account in London, but have relocated to Liverpool, does 'branch address' mean where you opened the account, your nearest local branch currently, or the headquarters of the bank itself?

As this could involve receiving money, if my claim is successful, then I want to be 100% sure :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I never heard of this. Insurers would often ask for a BIC and IBAN number after you have accepted a settlement proposal to allow payment be made. What stage is your claim at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

The address of the branch means the branch where your account is domiciled so basically whatever branch your sort code identifies as being your branch, more than likely it would be the original branch the account you are presently using was opened in regardless of where you live or what branch you use now.

I find a lot of forms ask for bank branch even with BIC and IBAN, it's just a double check although half the time I doubt they even check address!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Hi OP,

you can use This Link to check the brach address of your account based off your sort code.

i used to use it all teh time to verify accounts in the UK we were making payments to,

ou'd be shocked at how many people inpt incorrect bank details on forms when they are receiving money

Advertisement