Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watching Claire Byrne Live ?

Options
  • 16-12-2019 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Appalling.

Mods please leave this open for as long as you can, anyone who posts please don't speculate on the IDs of the attackers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Was this an unprovoked attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Even if they provoked their attackers it doesn't warrant having acid thrown at them

• I'm not watching, is it the acid attack in Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes, happened last Spring

I'd love to know what the justification for not pressing charges was, given the severity of the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think if blurred photos of the attackers were shown it might help knowing why this decision was made.

• Advertisement

Demonique wrote: »
    Even if they provoked their attackers it doesn't warrant having acid thrown at them

Wasn’t my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Does anyone know

I think if blurred photos of the attackers were shown it might help knowing why this decision was made.

Why would that make any difference?

• I think if blurred photos of the attackers were shown it might help knowing why this decision was made.

Not quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

bubblypop wrote: »
    Why would that make any difference?

Maybe AD believes the attackers were also black and so are being protected by a liberal conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

My nephew - who is off their age - tells me that there is no innocent victim of that event. There was a story on social media going around explaining what actually happened - anyone ever see that?

DLS_75 wrote: »
    My nephew - who is off their age - tells me that there is no innocent victim of that event. There was a story on social media going around explaining what actually happened - anyone ever see that?

Remember something at the time that’s why I asked the first question in this thread.

DLS_75 wrote: »
    no innocent victim

Hardly makes sense?
    Anyway. Doesn't matter if there was a row or fight, throwing acid at someone is a premeditated serious assault

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

If they all allegedly turned up to the fight and all had weapons then, ya know, there’s no innocent victim there.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Maybe AD believes the attackers were also black and so are being protected by a liberal conspiracy.

Yes this is what social media is full of.

Yes this is what social media is full of.

Ridiculous to believe that offenders are being protected because of their skin colour.

• This has nothing to do with skin colour.

That's all I'll say (and can legally say) on the matter.

Advertisement