Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrested after Work Christmas Party?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 GeetarPick

Because its not "After Hours", in which case everything is fair game. I have no wish to make fun of anyone predicament especially at this time of the year. No matter if it is of their own making.

Then you have a plethora of other threads to post in. Locking threads because you disagree with them is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

GeetarPick wrote: »
    Then you have a plethora of other threads to post in. Locking threads because you disagree with them is pathetic.

thank you poster with two posts. There is no need to badger the OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

rtron wrote: »
    Please lock this thread.

Please lock this head

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Bobby will be back lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

GeetarPick wrote: »
    Locking threads because you disagree with them is pathetic.

I do not want the thread locked because I disagree with the post. I want this thread locked because this thread is making fun of someone who asked a serious question. If the thread was in "After Hours" then that is fair game, big difference. I agree that is you have nothing constructive to say then there is no point adding to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 GeetarPick

I do not want the thread locked because I disagree with the post. I want this thread locked because this thread is making fun of someone who asked a serious question. If the thread was in "After Hours" then that is fair game, big difference. I agree that is you have nothing constructive to say then there is no point adding to it.

Nice edit.

You cannot get a thread locked solely on your behalf thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

My company would view a fight with a colleague on the night of the Christmas party as no different to a fight on company property during work hours. Gross misconduct and dismissal. Be prepared for the worst I'd say.

That sounds like overreach on the part of the employer i.e. arrogating to themselves a jurisdiction which they probably do not possess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

An employee is under the supervision of an employer at a work party as it's considered the work place. Therefore the company's responsibility.

The office Christmas party is becoming a bit of a trouble zone these years where people are now more likely to conduct themselves with violence.
    Some employers now do not host or arrange Christmas parties to save themselves trouble and potential legal exposure.

I take the point about the workplace character of a Christmas party.
    That begs a question. When does the office party character of an event terminate and the non-office related dimension begin ?

Some here are arguing the effective view that an employer could be vicariously liable for injury of one colleague by another at the party as if it was like to an employers' liability claim for an accident on the factory floor. That is a debate in it's own right. However, once events move outside the "jurisdiction" of the office party to a distant remove it is hard to argue that the employers' responsibility continues to the new venue. I would argue that any duty of care - if such exists in context - ceases to exist once the people involved go beyond the party.

The matter of an employee being open to dismissal if they cause reputational damage to the employer is a distinct contractual issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I need to know what happened with this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

mrmorgan wrote: »
    I need to know what happened with this!!

Judging by his other posts and the fact that he hasn’t updated, it’s a wind up.

• Advertisement

Dav010 wrote: »
    Judging by his other posts and the fact that he hasn’t updated, it’s a wind up.

I think so too....... should just ignore him going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Still no update ?

Maybe he was sacked and is not posting updates for legal reasons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭skinny90

still on the bendy:D

NeVeR wrote: »
    Still no update ?

Nah, it never happened!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

NeVeR wrote: »
    Still no update ?

Very unlikely. The company are not going to do anything will there is a chance of a prosecution out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Unless they're Gremlins i'm not really sure why this matters.

Thought it was obvious but its because after midnight is the next day and so not a work day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/worker-who-headbutted-colleague-wins-14000-award-for-unfair-dismissal-38823968.html

Worker 'who headbutted colleague' wins €14,000 award for unfair dismissal

I doubt op will be fired

• Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Lackey wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/worker-who-headbutted-colleague-wins-14000-award-for-unfair-dismissal-38823968.html

Worker 'who headbutted colleague' wins €14,000 award for unfair dismissal

I doubt op will be fired

Doubt the ops incident exists.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pics or it didnt happen tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OP hasn't posted in two weeks.

Broadband must be down in Cloverhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Why hasn't this been locked? Clearly didn't happen.

Why hasn't this been locked? Clearly didn't happen.

Fishy, very fishy.

Dont lock it, he might come back yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Dont lock it, he might come back yet!!

He's just gone for a pack of cigarettes!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

I wasnt going to post again while things were ongoing over Christmas but have been sorted out for now as far as work is concerned. I am being moved to a different location and got a written warning about future conduct so I suppose that's fair enough. I know things might change after court and that but for now things have worked out alright.

Conor84 wrote: »
    I wasnt going to post again while things were ongoing over Christmas but have been sorted out for now as far as work is concerned. I am being moved to a different location and got a written warning about future conduct so I suppose that's fair enough. I know things might change after court and that but for now things have worked out alright.

what is the court case for??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Great news,so far. Hope it works out for you. Thanks for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

For what I got arrested for - public order. I think it is Section 6 and Section 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

what is the court case for??

read the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

For what I got arrested for - public order. I think it is Section 6 and Section 8.

I mean this from the best possible place, give up the gargle, it doesn't agree with you. Best of luck with everything else.

Advertisement