Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrested after Work Christmas Party?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Seve OB wrote: »
    read the thread?

why so smart???? I asked a genuine question, no need to come in with smart comments!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

mrmorgan wrote: »
    why so smart???? I asked a genuine question, no need to come in with smart comments!!

It wasn't a smart answer it was a genuine answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

In fairness it's not even the whole thread... read the Opening Post

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Ha ha, ok fair enough then...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Conor84 wrote: »
    I am being moved to a different location and got a written warning about future conduct so I suppose that's fair enough. I know things might change after court and that but for now things have worked out alright.
    Give up the gargle, and attend AA meetings, tbh.

• Advertisement

Why would someone attend AA meetings for getting drunk and decking someone? This country really is turning into Dawsons Creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why would someone attend AA meetings for getting drunk and decking someone? This country really is turning into Dawsons Creek.

The OP has a history of getting drunk and getting violent resulting in arrest. He clearly has a problem with alcohol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Geographical changes won't fix the op's problems and they sound totally aloof to the seriousness of their actions.

Best thing to do is sort out the anger issues and stay away from situations where you kick off...

Resentments have ruined many an angry man and womans life and the lives of others.

People with anger problems actually get a dopamine hit from the buzz of an altercation.

A bit like a gambler thinking the next ones a winner, it's insidious and addictive im told.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP mentioned that he'll be going to court. His solicitor can say that the OP has seen the error or his ways, and is going to AA to help ensure that he doesn't "fall off the wagon again".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭fitzparker

For what I got arrested for - public order. I think it is Section 6 and Section 8.

Surprised the amount of times you have been arrested you dont know this off by heart by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

the_syco wrote: »
    Give up the gargle, and attend AA meetings, tbh.

Agree with this, 100%.

Both for your personal life generally, but also as it will look good when your case comes before the courts.

But mainly for the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Am 16 days into a Dry January and going alright so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Everyone else is 21 days into January

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Well done. Fair play to you,keep it up,one day ata time..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Well done and I hope everything works out well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

good man Conor

Advertisement