Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta baggage

Options
  • 17-12-2019 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Im looking to book flights with Delta (basic Economy) but I cannot find an option to add baggage, is this something you add after?

Am I right in saying its $30 each way for a 23kg bag?

for context its to JFK, for same flight on partner sites (KLM,Air france) its €100 per bag.

So just looking for the cheaper option, I just cant find it when booking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

where are you flying from ? $30 is domestic US flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

2 adults, 23kg bag each. From Dublin to JFK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

fitzparker wrote: »
    2 adults, 23kg bag each. From Dublin to JFK

As long as you don't select the base price. I know Are Lingus is doing it as well but trans Atlantic airlines are now giving a cheap option with no bag. That's usually the price you're directed to as well from Skyscanner so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

As long as you don't select the base price. I know Are Lingus is doing it as well but trans Atlantic airlines are now giving a cheap option with no bag. That's usually the price you're directed to as well from Skyscanner so be careful.

Skyscanner is a search engine - you can't book flights unless you follow directions to a dodgy ota

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Skyscanner is a search engine - you can't book flights unless you follow directions to a dodgy ota

I know. The point I was making was that when the flight options are listed on Skyscanner, it's the cheap one with no bag that is listed so you think you're getting a bargain but then when you go to the site to book (Delta or whoever's) you then have to pick the more expensive option if you're planning on bringing a bag. And therefore some of the other options in Skyscanner might actually be a better choice. So I don't bother with it anymore.

Advertisement