Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Plugs

Options
  • 17-12-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi I have Philips Hue bulbs and hub working fine.
    I have 2 hive plugs still in the box but cant see how to connect them to hue hub.
    Do I have to get a hive hub ? or is there any way around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

I'm not familiar to HIVE plugs specifically but are they not just controlled through the Hive App?
    Can you provide details as to what products you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

5 philips hue bulbs with hub for them.
    I have 2 alexia's as well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hive plugs go though the Hive app.
    I have Hive for my heating also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

I put in the hive heating with airtricity and took it out after a few weeks - a total waste .
    Just wondering will I have to get a hive hub to work the hive smart plugs or is there any other way using either alexia or hue hub

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jem wrote: »
    I put in the hive heating with airtricity and took it out after a few weeks - a total waste .
    Just wondering will I have to get a hive hub to work the hive smart plugs or is there any other way using either alexia or hue hub

What was wrong with the heating?
    I find it brilliant. It does what it says on the tin, remote access.

• Advertisement
Advertisement