Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Mullingar which estate ?

• 17-12-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI everyone , thinking of buying in Mullingar , 4 bed semi , we have been looking at three estates we like , can anyone who is familiar tell us which estate they would go for and why please ? we both drive , work is mobile so no commute , have pre teens , teens and a toddler , we would like an estate that is pre dominately owner occupied with a good community spirit , thanks for any feedback .

College hill /College Vale
    Petiswood manor
    lakepoint

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

HI everyone , thinking of buying in Mullingar , 4 bed semi , we have been looking at three estates we like , can anyone who is familiar tell us which estate they would go for and why please ? we both drive , work is mobile so no commute , have pre teens , teens and a toddler , we would like an estate that is pre dominately owner occupied with a good community spirit , thanks for any feedback .

College hill /College Vale
    Petiswood manor
    lakepoint

HI the way you have listed the estates would be my numerical choice... College hill is a great estate with the secondary school only a 5 minute walk and less than 15 minutes walk to town

I know quite a few families that live there and they love it.

Petiswood is also nice and the only thing that would go against it is the walking distance my kids would have to walk to school ( they go to st.finians)

Lakepoint would be my last choice from the 3 above. Its a nice estate but huge and imo not as nice a place at the first two above. Out of the three Estates It would be the most mixed with private owned and rented houses

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lizheen

What the previous poster said is 100per cent spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NevinLord225

Dalton park and grange are class estates proper cheap and some craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Agree with 2 of the 3 replies

Advertisement