Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an iPhone

Options
  • 17-12-2019 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm buying an iPhone xs from a lad on donedeal. Just wanting to know what should I look out for on the phone to see its all genuine and good. I asked for the imei and the battery health percentage. Is there anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Hey guys, I'm buying an iPhone xs from a lad on donedeal. Just wanting to know what should I look out for on the phone to see its all genuine and good. I asked for the imei and the battery health percentage. Is there anything else?

Ask for receipt, check serial number and check on https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ie/en/;jsessionid=node0nvja23twhv671wx42aanc5ja71462203.node0 to make sure it is genuine phone.

Match the serial number in setting - about section, make sure find my iPhone is disabled and phone is not iCloud locked ( put your sim in and make calls).

even after this it could blacklisted so make sure seller has good feedback. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

deep1 wrote: »
    Ask for receipt, check serial number and check on https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ie/en/;jsessionid=node0nvja23twhv671wx42aanc5ja71462203.node0 to make sure it is genuine phone.

Match the serial number in setting - about section, make sure find my iPhone is disabled and phone is not iCloud locked ( put your sim in and make calls).

even after this it could blacklisted so make sure seller has good feedback. good luck.

Thank you!! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

On the receipt check to see if it was purchased on contract.

In some (not all) cases, people will sell the phone which was recently purchased on contract and once the phone has been sold, they cancel the direct debit.

Due to non payment of the contract, the carrier may blacklist the iPhone, thus rendering it useless for calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

For high value items, I’d always side with adverts and sellers with good feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Ill second this I only trust adverts as its never steered me wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement