Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where were you on the 23rd April? And do you have an alibi

• 17-12-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

We all know that TV and movie detectives have incredible powers of deduction and image-enhancing/tracking technologies that our poor Gardaí can only dream of, but I'm most impressed by the suspects' amazing memories and their ability not only to recall where they were on any given date, but also come up with an alibi - especially when they're innocent.

As I was saying to someone only last week, if I fell off a ladder out the back, I could be lying there for three weeks before one of the children started wondering why I hadn't answered their WhatsApp message, or the neighbours began to question why my shutters were still open at night. As for remembering where I was, what I was doing and who I was with on a random day six months ago ... :eek:

What about the rest of you? Can you account for your whereabouts on the night of April 23rd, between the hours of 11pm and 3am; and if so, can anyone other than a family member confirm this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Innocent until proven guilty. Just say you don't know. It's up to them to prove where you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

it wudnt me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm sayin nawhin

I'm sayin nawhin

omg my brain is having deja vu right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

My name is Colonel Mustard, I was in the Billiard room with a revolver.......I think that clears things up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I rang your wife, she confirmed I was with her. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I was with the children and I'd taken my daughter to a Pizza Express. I remember because going to Pizza Express is an unusual thing for me to do, a very unusual thing for me to do.

My name is Colonel Mustard, I was in the Billiard room with a revolver.......I think that clears things up nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Like when he asked me where I was when Kennedy was shot Dougal

You went a bit over board there, I mean he wasn't accusing me of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Diary has me chasing a scummer down the road who had just broken into my van, you're not looking for an alibi for that cunt are ya? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

tuxy wrote: »
    I was with the children and I'd taken my daughter to a Pizza Express. I remember because going to Pizza Express is an unusual thing for me to do, a very unusual thing for me to do.

That can't be me - because if that was me in London I'd be wearing a shirt!!
    I'm not wearing one, so it can't be me in London!!!

Checkmate!!!

Advertisement