Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel new broadband contract ?

Options
  • 17-12-2019 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I recently changed broadband to sky. Since the activation date i have not had any broadband. Apparently there is a fault that they're investigating even though it worked perfectly fine with eir. Its now 4 weeks and as they are not providing what i signed up to can i cancel this contract ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    I recently changed broadband to sky. Since the activation date i have not had any broadband. Apparently there is a fault that they're investigating even though it worked perfectly fine with eir. Its now 4 weeks and as they are not providing what i signed up to can i cancel this contract ?

They did for me a few years ago when they made a bags of the installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Hufflepuff

you don't have an automatic right to unilaterally cancel contract as cooling off period has elapsed. however if you make a formal complaint & follow it up you will likely get skys agreement to cancel contract, as that's what you need.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint-roi

Advertisement