Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query

Options
  • 17-12-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have been a BOI customer for about 10 years or so now , never once have I applied for anything have just paid my fees and and kept my salary and savings there.

I am in fulltime employment and am directly into the bank every fortnight.

Recently I have applied for a small personal loan (less than 1000) for Christmas as I have been off work for a few weeks with an injury and unfortunately do not get paid whilst out.

My question is , why are my attempts to get a small personal loan or overdraft in vain?

Why should I continue to use BOI if they won't do anything for me ? A loyal customer of over 10 years , in fulltime employment have zero debt or outstanding loans ever.

I'm.failing to understand what the bank actually does for me except happily take its fees out ever few months.

Thank you

Connor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Connor,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this. We're really sorry to hear your application has not been successful this time. When you apply for a loan there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration. Our lending team can certainly provide feedback on your application and guidance for future credit applications. Our team are available on 0818 200 420.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement