Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary payment due Monday 23rd December, will it show on Saturday?

• 17-12-2019 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

This is a pertinent question as a lot of public servants on fortnightly pay are due to be paid on Monday 23rd December.

I would like confirmation too.

However I'm 80% confident it will arrive Saturday morning as In my experience money never hits your account on a Monday it either arrives Saturday AM or Tuesday AM.

And if payments are to show on Monday , Tuesday AM is not acceptable as payments will be missed - late etc

Unless banks have changed to sophisticated new software I believe it will be in most accounts Saturday morning.

I certainly hope so! Or will be a sad and sober weekend!

Good luck to us both

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I haven't seen payments being made early for a few years now. They money will likely be in your account early on Monday, some time before 8am.

It'd be prudent to have all your payments set up to go a few days after payday to avoid any potential issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

McGaggs wrote: »
    It'd be prudent to have all your payments set up to go a few days after payday to avoid any potential issues.

Am I missing something here? OP said he gets paid every 2 weeks. Most bills are monthly and come out the same date each month... Let's say you get paid on a Monday,l every 2 weeks, how would you move the months around so you always get paid just before your bills are due?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

if the payment is due monday morning, then yes it will be in the account Saturday morning. As the payment instructions will be given to banks on Friday and processed over night.

guyfo wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? OP said he gets paid every 2 weeks. Most bills are monthly and come out the same date each month... Let's say you get paid on a Monday,l every 2 weeks, how would you move the months around so you always get paid just before your bills are due?

You designate one pay packet a month for direct debit type bills, and one for other cash/card, then arrange all the direct debits to come out a few days after the pay packet you want them to be paid from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This is a pertinent question as a lot of public servants on fortnightly pay are due to be paid on Monday 23rd December.

What's different or special about this pay day?

I mean, if you're paid fortnightly then I assume you get paid every other Monday. So why are you asking specifically about next Monday?

Your last pay day would have been Monday December 9th - when did that money arrive in your account?

• Advertisement

In my experience money never hits your account on a Monday it either arrives Saturday AM or Tuesday AM.

Where did this notion come from? The only bank I haven't had an account with is BoI. Based on all the crap I hear about their stone age IT, I'm wondering if that's who you bank with and where the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

To conclude, Money arrived this morning, AIB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭wench

coylemj wrote: »
    What's different or special about this pay day?

I mean, if you're paid fortnightly then I assume you get paid every other Monday. So why are you asking specifically about next Monday?

Your last pay day would have been Monday December 9th - when did that money arrive in your account?
    Payday is normally Thursday for many civil servants, but as that is a bank holiday this week, the payroll is brought forward to Monday.

Advertisement