Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Although the counter argument would be well he's potentially spread it to the rest of the team if that was the case.

And then their season would be ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There are only 102 confirmed cases in Hong Kong out of a population of 7m. The chances he caught it from flying through there are absolutely astronomically low

AdamD wrote: »
    There are only 102 confirmed cases in Hong Kong out of a population of 7m. The chances he caught it from flying through there are absolutely astronomically low

There are 120 cases we know about. There could be thousands infected.

Would you consider yourself a glass half full kinda guy, Venjur?
    South Korea had the same number of infected as England a week ago and have thousands now. I'm resigned to the likelihood that rugby is done for the season
    Current UK government is far too malicious and dishonest to take anything at face value. They'd cause a panic if there was a benefit in it for them. That said I'm expecting public events and tourism to be hit badly the next 3 - 6 months
    Really getting out of hand now in Italy, 566 new cases with a multiple of that infected no doubt. I can't help but wonder why there is no talk about what this is likely to do to the African continent
    I could easily see a bulk of matches being played behind closed doors for much of the remainder of the season it not cancelled all together. That's Six nations, Heineken cup, Pro14. Wouldn't be surprised if we're home schooling our kids by the end of march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Venjur is 100% stocked up on face masks and hand sanitiser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

And his odds of getting infected would still remain ridiculously low

Buer wrote: »
    Would you consider yourself a glass half full kinda guy, Venjur?

Buer don't make me have Thomond come and speak to you again.
    Venjur is 100% stocked up on face masks and hand sanitiser

I havn't but I've a box of food and meds for the kids to last 2-3 weeks picked up. I'm definitely prone to overthinking things, my wife who is very practical and calm about things was the one who picked up supplies. I'm honestly expecting the worst here and I think there is good reason to be pretty vigilant starting right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer don't make me have Thomond come and speak to you again.

Don't make me choose a side when I want to be on neither.

AdamD wrote: »
    And his odds of getting infected would still remain ridiculously low

I think Sarries are right to not bother isolating him, but loads of people have the virus now despite still falling into the 'ridiculously low' risk category.

This thing is spreading fast and the reported cases are most likely just the tip of the actual number.

Don't make me choose a side when I want to be on neither.

It's OK you can go in the middle like last time.

• Advertisement

It's OK you can go in the middle like last time.

In a thread where you've talked about just the tip and hand cream, it's comforting to see things return to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

If Italy V England game goes ahead it will be played behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

ongarite wrote: »

Decision tomorrow morning. It should be played if at all possible next week.

ongarite wrote: »

Decision tomorrow morning. It should be played if at all possible next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I presume it looks very unlikely the Ireland-France game will go ahead the following week

Eod100 wrote: »

Meeting tomorrow to determine. Wouldnt be surprised if its Postponed. Guess 6n may well push to fulfil the game and hope only the Ireland v Italy game is PP.

20000 English fans due to travel too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I presume it looks very unlikely the Ireland-France game will go ahead the following week

According to an FFR statement yesterday there was supposed to be a meeting between the French government and the various French sporting bodies today, but nothing has been announced yet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

What happens if more matches are postponed and no dates can be found to reschedule them for this season? Will they be played in the autumn like what happened after the foot and mouth outbreak in 2001 or will there be a repeat of what happened in the World Cup with the matches that were affected by the typhoon with games being declared as a 0-0 draw and teams being awarded 2 points each?

What happens if more matches are postponed and no dates can be found to reschedule them for this season? Will they be played in the autumn like what happened after the foot and mouth outbreak in 2001 or will there be a repeat of what happened in the World Cup with the matches that were affected by the typhoon with games being declared as a 0-0 draw and teams being awarded 2 points each?

If it's games involving France and England in particular that creates difficulties over player release.

Think 6n may push for games played in empty stadiums as they can try and refix Ireland v Italy if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I do like the idea of someone like Amazon taking it over. I've completely moved away from using traditional TV. Using a sky or upc wrecks my head. Their menus are so unbelievably slow to navigate. Dodgy boxes are even worse albeit cheaper. If Amazon delivered good streaming service that I can cast to a bigger screen, that would get me paying for TV again. Dividing it up will keep me using dodgy streams though.

Sky's boxes are great, particularly the Q one, Virgin not so much. Amazon is still pretty clunky in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Hurrache wrote: »
    Sky's boxes are great, particularly the Q one, Virgin not so much. Amazon is still pretty clunky in comparison.

If you get a firestick then Amazon prime is as easy to use as a sky box in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If you get a firestick then Amazon prime is as easy to use as a sky box in my opinion.
    ESVQ5bGWoAA1j-X?format=jpg&name=medium

Italy v England postponed.

England team to face Wales:

Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs;
    Marler, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Lawes, Wilson, Curry

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Ewels, Earl, Heinz, Slade

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51752071

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Italy v England postponed.

That's not confirmed yet but is expected to be announced today. Some speculation now that the remaining Six Nations matches after this weekend will all be called off.

That's not confirmed yet but is expected to be announced today. Some speculation now that the remaining Six Nations matches after this weekend will all be called off.

Sky sports news have reported it as postponed since earlier this morning.

• Advertisement

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Sky sports news have reported it as postponed since earlier this morning.

It's still not confirmed at this stage.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/0305/1120355-coronavirus-claims-italy-v-england/

It's frankly ridiculous that it's taking this long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There's been doubt about the France v Ireland game since the French brought in a ban on mass gatherings last week, but unless the UK government change their stance on mass gatherings the Wales v Scotland game will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

There's been doubt about the France v Ireland game since the French brought in a ban on mass gatherings last week, but unless the UK government change their stance on mass gatherings the Wales v Scotland game will go ahead.

Largest single day increase in cases for the UK today, it will have to be coming soon.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pro14 is going to be a total shambles next year if they try play these games in the Autumn.

awec wrote: »
    Pro14 is going to be a total shambles next year if they try play these games in the Autumn.

Player release for English and French based players in particular will be spiky too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

If you were Parisse you'd really feel that nature hated you. Your first farewell game called off due to a typhoon. Your second called off by a deadly virus.

• Advertisement

I think Italian teams are going to feature very little for the next few months. A huge amount of the 'first cases' in other countries have originated in Italy as opposed to China. It must be incredibly widespread there in comparison to the reported numbers and as the death toll rises elsewhere the restrictions will increase.

I don't think we've seen the worst of this virus yet and time is running out on the season. If I was a betting man I could see the remainder of the season effectively abandoned with only domestic games continuing.

I hope rugby gets a clue that the season is ridiculously clogged.

I hope rugby gets a clue that the season is ridiculously clogged.

Would the worry be that this is now used as an excuse, to say, condense the 6N and Lions tours etc, to the detriment of player welfare in the long run?

I agree that the season is ridiculous in its current guise.

I would just abandon all the cancelled games to be honest. No point making a mess of next season too.

• Advertisement

Would the worry be that this is now used as an excuse, to say, condense the 6N and Lions tours etc, to the detriment of player welfare in the long run?

I agree that the season is ridiculous in its current guise.

Tbh I'm indifferent to the shortened Lions Tours. The provincial matches are usually poor fare to watch. For the next tour to SA would you really want to see the Lions up against the Southern Kings?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I would just abandon all the cancelled games to be honest. No point making a mess of next season too.

Financially the hit would be eye watering to say the least, but as you say no point flogging the players.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If france win this week and next...... surely 6ns organizers will just call all other games as 0 - 0 's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I guess that’d create further issues if we or England were to lose prize money due to being awarded 2 points instead of 4 or 5. Guess that’d potentially happen if Wales got a losing BP at weekend and 5 points against Scotland.

Hopefully the English and French clubs hold firm and absolutely refuse to release players outside of the test window to fit these extra games in. If the unions want the six nations games they can hold less autumn fixtures.

The unions need to realise these are extraordinary circumstances, cut their losses this season and get going again next year. Split the six nations money equally or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If france win this week and next...... surely 6ns organizers will just call all other games as 0 - 0 's

The IRFU would make €5 million from the Italy game. I’d imagine they would be very strongly against canceling the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

First Covd19 death in U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

FFS awec, stop posting things I agree with. Its confusing the hell out of me....

Scotland women v France is off. Scottish player tested positive for Covid19

• Advertisement
Advertisement