Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

Super stuff from England. A great watch.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

How can you list out all those penalties and not hand out a card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Does this ref or TMO do cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Referee has given Wales absolutely nothing all game. He's been awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭kal7

No yellow for england, for 5 penalties in red zone. Like watching reffing of new zealand, penalties galore, no action until 70min and game decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not a hope that English defensive line is onside.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

England really getting every call in this game

Genge has to go here.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Genge has to go here.

Go have a beer, you sausage.

Hope england don't get BP.
    With all kicking, don't deserve it, even though better team so do deserve win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

North with yet another knock in the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Should be red. Disgusting and cowardly tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Brutal physicality by England bordering on the illegal. Just as well they have the ref in their pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Manu with the usual dirty hit

Filth from Tuilagi. Been coming from the first 5 minutes but that was incredibly dangerous.

Dallaglio says it’s a penalty only. If Tuilagi had pockets his right arm would be in there it was so much at his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Has to be red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Tuilagi has barely used arms all day

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I hate this ‘does he try to wrap his arm’ bull****. Tuilagi has gone out to do him there and it’s a red all day long.

North lucky he got head out of the way

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Jones England are absolutely dirt.

Continually offside is one thing but, high tackles, dangerous tackles are constant and another.

It's not on the limit. They've been allowed away with it for some time now. Bu being let away with the little things they've gotten worse at the dangerous things

He encourages it too. They're absolute scum as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Has to be red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Twickenham crowd not covering themselves in glory with their booing.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

That's probably not even the worst tackle of the match.

kal7 wrote: »
    North lucky he got head out of the way

Don't think he did, copped an elbow to the face it seems as first point of contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That's a red.

I'm behind on my stream, but this ref is looking for a reason to not give one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah, a clear red, took them long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Tualagi has been, and always will be an absolute tramp

ITV and their imported Bt Sport comms team really do let themselves down with their repeated bias. Dallaglio is still adamant it was harsh.
    At least it’s free to air, imagine paying for that shïte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

ITV and their imported Bt Sport comms team really do let themselves down with their repeated bias. Dallaglio is still adamant it was harsh.

Haha, was just about to ask if Dallaglio is always this biased, he's lost the run of himself altogether but I don't recall thinking he was particularly bad ever before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Going through the forwards when you're two men up has to be the dumbest **** I've ever seen in a rugby match.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dallaglio is as biased as they get. Saw nothing wrong with Farrell's scumbaggery in the last match either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wales had a four on one overlap they blew. Still scored the try but some shocking skills there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

I really wish England's consistent foul play was penalised earlier in games. The fact that they keep getting away with some of stuff they've been at all tournament only encourages them to continue with it.

I hope there's a heavy ban coming for Marler.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Filth from Tuilagi. Been coming from the first 5 minutes but that was incredibly dangerous.

Dallaglio says it’s a penalty only. If Tuilagi had pockets his right arm would be in there it was so much at his side.

Tuilagi is nearly always borderline illegal in his tackles, he's a nasty player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Whole RTE commentary team salvating at Tulagi's "massive hit" in the first five minutes of the match too. That one was a clear no arms tackle also.

Good result for Ireland all things considered. Com'on Scotland tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Good result for Ireland, no bp for England means it's now in our hands, 10 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

England are a great team but I wish they'd cut out the nasty element from their game. It's unnecessary, and potentially dangerous.

Nobody minds a bit of "niggle", but they're going beyond that now too often for it not to be a team directive IMO.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Haha, was just about to ask if Dallaglio is always this biased, he's lost the run of himself altogether but I don't recall thinking he was particularly bad ever before

I asked the same question here. Seems like he’s gone off his rocker entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The 6N needs to hand out more YCs. Every game it takes about 5 penalties in the red zone to get a “final warning”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Be very interested in what kind of disciplinary action Joe Marler will face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hope France win their remaining games and the tournament ends on time. Can't be having with postponements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    England are a great team but I wish they'd cut out the nasty element from their game. It's unnecessary, and potentially dangerous.

Nobody minds a bit of "niggle", but they're going beyond that now too often for it not to be a team directive IMO.

Not going to happen under Jones. They are instructed to bully the opposition by any means possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Lots of cribbing on here.
    England play a tough physical and in your face game. They have the personnel to do it and They do it well. They hit you hard, come fast off the gain line, try and put pressure on the first receiver and force teams to kick.

Their discipline is a problem, but you have to match or at least cope with their physicality for their discipline to become a problem.

If you can’t handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

France could handle it
    South Africa could handle it.
    Wales dealt with it a lot better than we did.

If you can’t handle the heat get out of the kitchen.

Really nuanced response after a game where Marler sexually assaulted someone.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Marler, 12 weeks is the lighter end for that offence.

Eddie Jones’ comments are embarrassing though, the media sit their like nodding dogs though whilst his spits this guff out.

fitz wrote: »
    Really nuanced response after a game where Marler sexually assaulted someone.

Ha ha ha ha.
    That’s the snowflakiest thing I’ve read in a while.
    It was a bit of craic

The simple fact of this game, and the game against us is that England won the collisions, they make dominant tackle after dominant tackle, challenge the ball and because their front 5 is so good it allows their backrow licence to put massive pressure on the ball.

People want to get hung up on an incident between marler and AWJ that you can be sure AWJ won’t care about now.

They have lost two of their best players in the vinoploa brothers and it hasn’t weakened them a huge amount. Imagine us losing furlong and Stander, it would be curtains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Did anyone else see the ad on VM after the game saying "stop excusing sexual harassment" when the woman rubs the lads shoulders? Puts Marlers actions into context. They should throw the book at him. He has been a scumbag his whole career, he'd be no loss to the game if we never saw him again.

Ha ha ha ha.
    It was a bit of craic

Jesus christ. Look I know people cry about "snowflakes" and "the world going pc", but if you genuinely think it's acceptable to grab someone's balls and call it "a bit of craic" you're an absolute muppet

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha ha.
    It was a bit of craic

Fondling someone's genitals without consent is sexual assault. You don't agree?
    Be a bit of craic if someone did that to your son, daughter, sister, brother, wife, etc, would it?

Advertisement