Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripp luggage at Debenhams

Options
  • 18-12-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I bought a Tripp cabin sized case as a gift for my son in Debenhams. He used it for the first time and the handle broke off. These cases have a 5 year guarantee. I was going to bring it back into Debenhams but a quick look on their site refers all Tripp issues directly to their helpline.
    Is my issue not with Debenhams ? Should I deal with them directly ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Debenhams is the point of sale therefore you should deal with them, don't let them fob you off to the manufacturer.

They will either give you a replacement, repair or a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Debenhams is the point of sale therefore you should deal with them, don't let them fob you off to the manufacturer.

They will either give you a replacement, repair or a refund.

Many thanks for clarifying that, I was reluctant to ring Tripp. Cheers, I'll let you know how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I tried to use a Debenhams voucher with them once and was told by the cashier (Debenhams henry St) Tripp are just a 'concession'm don't take Debenhams vouchers and any issues with returns cannot be done via Debenhams. The case has lasted us years luckily but she did warn me something along those lines when I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

you have a choice here. you can deal with manufaturer using warranty, or with retailer under sales of goods and supply act.

choose the one that suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

maxsmum wrote: »
    I tried to use a Debenhams voucher with them once and was told by the cashier (Debenhams henry St) Tripp are just a 'concession'm don't take Debenhams vouchers and any issues with returns cannot be done via Debenhams. The case has lasted us years luckily but she did warn me something along those lines when I bought it.

Then the OP goes back to the Tripp concession in Debenhams. No need for them to contact a manufacture helpline in this country when the place they bought it has to rectify the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Brought the broken case back to Debenhams this morning on my way to work. Nobody at the Tripp desk so I went to another till and exchanged it there. No problems at all. It worked out well because everything was reduced and I managed to get a better case for the same money. Happy days, here's hoping this one doesn't break.
    Thanks for all the help

Advertisement