Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum ban

Options
  • 18-12-2019 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I seem to have got a ban for a few months for saying I’m happy the manager of the team I support is likely to stay in charge because the news leaked is if he stays up he stays in charge
    for another year.
    I feel his transfer policy is good so far and want to see him build a team.

This was a few days a go.

Tonight Liverpool lost and I got two pms directly after.

One to say I was warned for this post. Another to say I was banned for a few months with no explanation.

I didn’t even post in the pool thread.

I messaged the mod and he didn’t answer. I had planned on sitting in tonight, having a few beers and talking about ole playing the youths wisely but my posting priveledges were removed by that mod. I like boards but there seems to be groups of people on certain forums that report new people in bulk to keep control of a forum.

Did he get a pile of reports and just ban me without reading the post or did he just ban me?

I’ll copy and paste the post

Quote: BDI
    15 points from the next 21 games will get us two more transfer windows and the squad getting sorted out considerably.

Two month ban? Come on.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, please give the mod some time to reply. 24 hrs would be reasonable before posting here.

The ban length is due to an accumulation of previous cards / bans, it applies to everyone in the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Thanks but there is a match tonight I’d like to discuss if I can finish up a with work on time.

I only ever got one ban before and I feel it was kind of deserved although I didn’t realise at the time that posting in an opposing teams thread only leads to trouble.

I don’t think I ever posted in that thread since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Have you had a reply?

He was discussing with me earlier but then stopped. Maybe he had to go out or something. I’ll come back to you tomorrow if it doesn’t work out.

If that’s ok.

That's no problem, thanks for the update.

• Advertisement

After two days of discussing all things man utd. Maybe ten long messages back and forth the moderator has decided that if I can’t see how this is trolling he can’t help me and I need to take this to dispute resolution process.

He says if I can see how this is trolling he might consider it but if I can’t see it he won’t. He doesn’t seem at liberty to tell me how it’s trolling.

There are people on the thread who say they hope the team lose so the manager is sacked with no issue but if I say I will be happy once United arnt relegated and the manager is let build a team I get a two month ban and if I can’t see how it’s trolling I can’t be helped.

It kind of feels like I’m in some sort of Alice in wonderland or Labyrinth type situation talking in some sort of riddle.

Am I just being managed out?

Ok we'll take a look (I'm saying we because I'll be afk for a bit and will have to ask another cmod to take over).

Can you please post the pm exchange here or forward them to sports cmods (Steve; GavRedKing; Mickeroo)

Here goes

And

And

• Advertisement

And

Hopefully I get that right.
    First two piles of pics are mod.
    Next two piles are me.

Thanks for that, my fellow cmod Mickeroo is going to take over at this point. I have brought him up to speed on everything related so far. Happy Christmas.

Thanks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi BDI,

I've been looking into this and you seem to have a habit of making posts that appear reasonable when taken out context but are seemingly engineered to wind people up. I don't see this example as any different.

I think you know exactly what you're doing and I can see from the PMs you have no intention of acknowledging why your posts could be deemed trollish so I see no reason to lift the card.

If you're not happy with that then we can push the appeal further up the change to the admins.

Thanks.

I think you will find people will get wound up if I disagree with them. It’s a discussion forum. There are 5 or so lads on a thread in some parts that have a point of view and then they get outraged at any new posters who disagree with them.

There is nothing in my post that warrants a ban. How many new posters stick around in the United thread? The same lads are there years under different names. They accuse each other of pming them threatening messages and everybody is a re reg.

Saying I hope ole loses today so he will be sacked is reasonable on the thread which I have seen regularly but saying as long as he doesn’t get relegated this year I will give him time warrants a two month ban.

I get called a re reg the whole time. People do things like stick Bateman in the posts to suggest I’m somebody called Bateman. That’s all fine though.

“I hope we don’t get bate man”

I don’t want back in the thread. It’s just five lads agreeing with each other reading the daily mail and hoping we sign somebody linked. No football discussion or tactics or answers. Just complaining about a manager.

To really educate yourself other opinions need to excite you and interest you. Trying to out report a differing opinion will not educate you or the guy with the different opinion. It isn’t an act of somebody who lacks the ability to truly learn.

I’ll probably close up this account when the threads I’m involved in fizzle out, I can talk football elsewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to look through the pms I know it’s a hassle to sort them.

Advertisement