Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish political parties - Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Are you just having a laugh or is there credence to this? I've been hearing more about this party the last while but haven't done any research on them yet. Is he a "nazi" like everyone these days is a nazi or is he genuinely a racist ?

He's had some associations in the past with the likes of Jorg Haider who was considered far right and regarded as a Nazi.

I myself wouldn't have given him the time of day back then but since he's re emerged with the National Party I've been consistently surprised and impressed with his analysis of the malaise thats currently enveloping Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

He's had some associations in the past with the likes of Jorg Haider who was considered far right and regarded as a Nazi.

I myself wouldn't have given him the time of day back then but since he's re emerged with the National Party I've been consistently surprised and impressed with his analysis of the malaise thats currently enveloping Ireland.
    Nonsense post, checks join date,

Hello Mr Barrett!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Riskymove wrote: »
    they have a website you know with articles and their policies etc.

They don't have any policies.

They have a few bullet points.

Against abortion very much for the death penalty, blah, blah, immigrants, etc.

How many candidates are ye running?

:)

I saw chatter on twitter about them in relation to the DP centres a while ago and had youtube suggest videos of speeches they gave when I was searching/watching politicians discussing the immigration crisis and brexit. I'd never heard of them before so I said I'd look into them, went out of my head until I saw them mentioned here.

Don't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

I saw chatter on twitter about them in relation to the DP centres a while ago and had youtube suggest videos of speeches they gave when I was searching/watching politicians discussing the immigration crisis and brexit. I'd never heard of them before so I said I'd look into them, went out of my head until I saw them mentioned here.

Great conversation here between Gemma O'Doherty, John Waters and Justin Barrett. I know that will make a few heads explode here on Boards, Gemma doesn't really have much to say its mostly Waters and Barrett.

Upon watching this, if anything it shows how far we are gone in the sense that this conversation would never take place in the mainstream Irish media and thats a terrible and terrifying thing.
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/bS4Wz4Joh36V/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Stark wrote: »
    Fine Gael promised a lot of what you're asking for last time round.

Did they? Don't remember them committing to much of this.
    carq wrote: »

Against minimum alcohol pricing.
    Against abuse of ‘compensation culture, insurance gouging.
    Against Hate speech legislation,
    Against pandering to RTE - more public funding, Against TV licence in general.
    Against pandering to Pavee point, traveler culture.

Great conversation here between Gemma O'Doherty, John Waters and Justin Barrett. I know that will make a few heads explode here on Boards, Gemma doesn't really have much to say its mostly Waters and Barrett.

Upon watching this, if anything it shows how far we are gone in the sense that this conversation would never take place in the mainstream Irish media and thats a terrible and terrifying thing.
    if those three got shot by ISIS in the morning, would anyone attend their funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Great conversation here between Gemma O'Doherty, John Waters and Justin Barrett...

As fine a collection of loopers, ne'er-do-wells and whingers as you'd encounter in a long day's walk. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

With election 2020 looming can you help me identify which political party is closest to my belief system below?
    It seems we have a different shades of the same party across the board.
    What are the political parties positions on below issues?

Against Hate speech legislation, restrictions on freedom of speech
    Against ‘Dole culture’ , rewarding + incentivising people
    Against waste of public resources

In favour of infrastructure projects that will long term help country.
    In favour of increased funding to Gardai, increased prison spaces, tougher sentencing.
    In favour of releasing church grip on irish institutions – health service, schools.
    In favour of ‘’making work pay’’, supports for working families - childcare etc.

Contact Jeff Rudd, his party is for everyone.

• Advertisement

Not sure why the thread is being dragged down a National Party cul de sac; it's pretty clear they're not the droids OP is looking for

Contact Jeff Rudd, his party is for everyone.
    Another nonsense "politician"

ELM327 wrote: »
    Another nonsense "politician"

I was being satirical, the op is a bit of nonsense too don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

I was being satirical, the op is a bit of nonsense too don't you think?

It is a genuine question about the political options for 2020 and what the parties represent. I'm still no clearer.
    Another way of looking at it - what are top five policy differences between FF and FG?

It is a genuine question about the political options for 2020 and what the parties represent. I'm still no clearer.
    Another way of looking at it - what are top five policy differences between FF and FG?

Well its obviously not a genuine question imo, its just a basic scam to see how many will criticise FF or FG or others for not having all the things you mentioned in a manifesto.

Despite what some people may be desperate to persuade you of, there is no ideological difference between FF and FG, except in the matter of Northern Ireland. FG don't give a monkey's about it, FF also don't give a monkey's about it but find it politically useful to be seen to be talking about it. Beyond that, it's a mere matter of who your great-grandfathers drank pints with and fired bullets at. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matt3326

With election 2020 looming can you help me identify which political party is closest to my belief system below?
    It seems we have a different shades of the same party across the board.
    What are the political parties positions on below issues?

Against Hate speech legislation, restrictions on freedom of speech
    Against ‘Dole culture’ , rewarding + incentivising people
    Against waste of public resources

In favour of infrastructure projects that will long term help country.
    In favour of increased funding to Gardai, increased prison spaces, tougher sentencing.
    In favour of releasing church grip on irish institutions – health service, schools.
    In favour of ‘’making work pay’’, supports for working families - childcare etc.

The Greens. They are actually alot more Fiscally Conservative than they portray themselves. They are very in favour of Long Term Infrastructure and reducing Social Benefits/making work pay.

You're not going to find any party that is against Traveller's, given they are a recognized native ethnic minority.
    Same with Hate Speech, all political parties in Ireland are very afraid of turning into America lite with GoD and her crew rolling around plus all the arson attacks on Refugee centers so you will struggle to find a party meeting that..

Don't be arsey. Talk your shyte without having to drag me in, thanks.
    Excuse me?
    Unless you're Justin Barrett there's nothing to do with you in my post! Do you follow me or something? I have better things to do than think about you in every post!

Well its obviously not a genuine question imo, its just a basic scam to see how many will criticise FF or FG or others for not having all the things you mentioned in a manifesto.

I think it's a valid exercise even if the OP is just venting their frustration, as it clarifies that FG and FF are not offering a lot of the things that people on the centre right such as carq are looking for, even though they are widely seen as conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

matt3326 wrote: »
    The Greens. They are actually alot more Fiscally Conservative than they portray themselves. They are very in favour of Long Term Infrastructure and reducing Social Benefits/making work pay.

You're not going to find any party that is against Traveller's, given they are a recognized native ethnic minority.
    Same with Hate Speech, all political parties in Ireland are very afraid of turning into America lite with GoD and her crew rolling around plus all the arson attacks on Refugee centers so you will struggle to find a party meeting that..

Ill ignore that bishop lad - seems a bit off.
    Would the greens start taxing everything , higher earners ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

ELM327 wrote: »
    Excuse me?
    Unless you're Justin Barrett there's nothing to do with you in my post! Do you follow me or something? I have better things to do than think about you in every post!

Deleted, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Also very big on carbon taxes for the sake of it.
    I'd say the OP needs to look beyond the single party mindset unless one party fully satisfies all their demands. Take a look at the next best options and also look up who you can actually vote for. No point being in favour of say the Greens or the SDs if they don't have a candidate in your constituency.

The Greens. They are actually alot more Fiscally Conservative than they portray themselves...

Eamonn Ryan has heard of "Fiscally Conservative" and he thinks it's to do with regulating trawlers. He's a window-licking, blithering idiot. The Greens are also a bit single-minded to be politically desirable, and are unique in being part of a pan-European political movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

jimgoose wrote: »
    Eamonn Ryan has heard of "Fiscally Conservative" and he thinks it's to do with regulating trawlers. He's a window-licking, blithering idiot. The Greens are also a bit single-minded to be politically desirable, and are unique in being part of a pan-European political movement.
    They are also quite likely to be more stubborn on positions, after the experience of their first adventure in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Genuine question
    If FG are closest to my points above then i am in trouble.
    I find it hard to separate the parties on these issues, find information on what their policies are.
    Is there no centre party in Ireland ?

I feel you.

The nanny-state aspects of FG are by far their worst quality. I will find myself voting for FF at present, just an alternative. It will mean I will have to go back on my word that I would never vote for them again until they concede that their economic policies were largely to blame for the 2008 crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Did somebody completely to forget to tell that to saoirse marx mchugh.

Ill ignore that bishop lad - seems a bit off.
    Would the greens start taxing everything , higher earners ?

Fair enough, but I'd say FG as an option for being in government is the closest to your actual mindset

Bitchute the go to site of what could be politely called basement dwellers, and the home of complete c^nts as most would describe the three people in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe they've learned not to after Labour made a litany of such specific commitments ahead of the 2011 election and, after it got into government, felt obliged to renege on most/all of them.

Complete untrue urban myth

Labour completed over 60% of its 2011 manifesto

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/coalition-parties-filled-44-of-election-promises-study-1.2545776?mode=amp

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Sorry I was a bit vague; I was referring primarily to the 'Every Little Hurts' ad. AFAIK the Fine Gael-Labour government went on to implement all of the policies that ad warned against, some even more severely than flagged.

Advertisement