Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Decides "The Funnies, Records that gave you a cringe or a chuckle" Vote Thread

Options
  • 18-12-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OK boys n girls we are going to be running off the elimination down to 64 entries and will be eliminating 7 entries before the competition proper starts

Your first match of death will be

Bohemian Rhapsody - The Muppets seeded 71

Vs.

Who's In The House - Fr Brian and the Fun Lovin' Cardinals seeded 58

So first to 6 votes.

Reasons would be nice but not mandatory at this stage

And Please make it clear that it is a vote by using

VOTE FOR:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Surprisingly tough already. Gonna go with...

Who's in the House - because it's an original and Irish, and not just a fun cover, and is probably the only thing Brendan O'Connor has done that doesn't automatically make me want to punch his smug stupid face.

Surprisingly tough already. Gonna go with...

Who's in the House - because it's an original and Irish, and not just a fun cover, and is probably the only thing Brendan O'Connor has done that doesn't automatically make me want to punch his smug stupid face.

And unsurprisingly, mainly because you're the first vote Who's in the house takes a 1-0 lead

• Advertisement

Have you announced in the original thread that this has begun Spook? I'd go throw in the link myself, but far too complicated to do from my phone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Who's in the house.

I hate anything to do with the muppets I just don't get their popularity

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Im a bit confused, are we voting for the funniest song or the best funny song?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Who’s in the house too, others are muppets! :)

Kolido wrote: »

giphy.gif

I don't think we're supposed to think about it... Just go with your heart! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Vote for the muppets, cant stand that Dara o brain or what ever his name is.

Kolido wrote: »

Aren't they pretty similar, anyway at the moment were eliminating 7 songs that don't deserve to go through to a 64 tune playoff be that because they aren't funny, aren't original, generally crap or whatever.

3:1 to The Criminals Cardinals so far

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I may have totally misjudged my nominations if these are what went through....

Did these songs actually chart? Like, I'm befuddled!

quickbeam wrote: »
    I may have totally misjudged my nominations if these are what went through....
    Did these songs actually chart? Like, I'm befuddled!

All songs have charted in either UK or Irish or Both charts, these are to eliminate 7 songs to get down to a nice round 64 before the real shenanigans start..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

who's in the house is way more cringe worthy than the muppets boh rap.

vote for: Who's In The House - Fr Brian and the Fun Lovin' Cardinals

Love the Muppets (@Necro, YOU HAVE NO SOUL :mad: ) but Who's In The House wins my vote for this round. It's cringe but it's funny cringe rather than just cringe cringe.

5:1 to fun loving Criminals Cardinals

If they were actually the Fun Loving Criminals I might actually vote for them.

• Advertisement

If they were actually the Fun Loving Criminals I might actually vote for them.

Oooops my typing

While we're waiting see if the Cardinals get that last vote to see if they play the number 7 seed let's see who's going up against the number 1 seed

Don't Forget Your Shovel - Christy Moore seed 64 v Disco Duck - Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots seed 65

Again first to six will go through, loser will be consigned to oblivion

Vs

Don't Forget Your Shovel because everyone knows the words and can't help but sing along at a session. Also, the other song will give me nightmares forever now - never even heard of it before.

Don't Forget Your Shovel.

Don't Forget Your Shovel because everyone knows the words and can't help but sing along at a session. Also, the other song will give me nightmares forever now - never even heard of it before.

Disco Duck Got as high as No 6 and in the UK charts for 9 weeks, no where in Ireland though

Don't Forget Your Shovel got as high as No5 in the Irish Charts and in the charts for 7 weeks co incidently did nothing in the UK charts

Shameless plug time don't forget to vote in Greatest Sporting Moments Thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058022144

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

that duck song is the most cringeworthy song I've seen/listened to in a long time.

christy is decent and memorable song, a decent song. why are you people voting for it?

vote for: disco duck

sKeith wrote: »
    that duck song is the most cringeworthy song I've seen/listened to in a long time.

christy is decent and memorable song, a decent song. why are you people voting for it?

I think our criteria for voting may be vastly different. Don't Forget Your Shovel is a funny song, it's also a good song. I want to vote for good songs that also happen to be fun or cringey, because I don't want to see absolute sh**e dominate this competition. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Vote Don’t forget your shovel

I would have gone for who’s in the house if I was here earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Are we voting for the song which we preferred, was more artistic, or made us cringe the most?

Can see a lot of aggro with votes being cast for the wrong song. (This isn't necessarily a bad thing as I have been suffering from withdrawals since Omackeral last ran 'Best of')

Anyway, I vote for The Duck song was so cringe I bet it inspired acts of actual violence.

Advertisement