Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamic Rape Gangs and Islamic Terrorism

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Same group of posters, using the same tactics, to try and get the thread closed. Ignore them and don't let them force the Mods to close the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

alastair wrote: »
    I’m 100% right. Prove me wrong.

You are 100% wrong and I could not be arsed with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Gynoid wrote: »
    You are 100% wrong and I could not be arsed with you.

As I thought - you’ve no proof of your claim at all. Anyone is free to check for themselves. The maximum sentence in Iran for failure to wear a hijab is ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

As I thought - you’ve no proof of your claim at all. Anyone is free to check for themselves. The maximum sentence in Iran for failure to wear a hijab is ten years.

that all ? whingers :rolleyes:

WrenBoy wrote: »
    that all ? whingers :rolleyes:

Once again:
    I’m ‘defending’ nothing but honesty in posts. Making up **** doesn’t serve anyone well.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Once again:

You're defending nothing but are on every thread which criticises Islam looking to deflect and confuse and obfuscate any actual criticism.

Islam is fairly ****e mate. Women in Iran fight the horror of Islam every day, must be sickening to then to see supposedly progressive westerners oppose their struggle.

Ballso wrote: »
    You're defending nothing but are on every thread which criticises Islam looking to deflect and confuse and obfuscate any actual criticism.

Islam is fairly ****e mate. Women in Iran fight the horror of Islam every day, must be sickening to then to see supposedly progressive westerners oppose their struggle.

Thing is - I’m not opposing them at all. That’s your own delusion. Again - claiming ****e serves no-one well - ‘mate’.

Highlight any hijab sentence longer than ten years in any of those instances? You can’t, because there are none. Care to try again?

It is okay, Alistair. Stand down off the barricades. Other boards users can read the material linked and judge for themselves what is the truth.

• Advertisement

Thing is - I’m not opposing them at all. That’s your own delusion. Again - claiming ****e serves no-one well - ‘mate’.

Can you point us to some of your posts on boards where you support women's rights vis-a-vis Islamic oppression?

It is okay, Alistair. Stand down off the barricades. Other boards users can read the material linked and judge for themselves what is the truth.

That would be a ‘no’ then. And anyone is free to read those links and learn fir themselves that the maximum sentence is ten years. If they actually pay attention, that is.

From the third link:
    Article 639 of Iran’s Islamic Penal Code stipulates one to 10 years of imprisonment for “anyone who establishes or directs a place of immorality or prostitution” or anyone who “facilitates or encourages people to immorality or prostitution.”

Ballso wrote: »
    Can you point us to some of your posts on boards where you support women's rights vis-a-vis Islamic oppression?

Try this very thread ‘mate’.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Astonishing that people say this is never discussed or show in MSM, but seemingly we have a discussion about this weekly and whenever something happens, it gets reported quite widely on the news.

Weirdly though we rarely have threads about human trafficking from Eastern Europe, which is a massive problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

A concise illustration of how a forum with so much potential is ruined by a select vocal few;

OP posts thread to discuss the demonstrably evident correlation between Islam and the sexual abuse of thousands of vulnerable girls and women in the UK.

Those same posters who will rightly condemn the sins of Catholicism but will shout "Racist, Bigot, and Xenophobe" from the rooftops should anyone dare critique Islam, soon enter the discussion... I say soon, but they routinely appear almost instantly after any such thread is posted, I do envy their free time.

After some monotonous back and forth and the usual snipes of racism, we'll get a wonderfully in-depth post such as;
    I know for a fact it's f*** all to do with the teaching of the Koran. Outside of that I've not studied it

The above poster hasn't returned to this thread with any such facts which might dismiss the link between Islam and sexual abuse nor should we expect them to. How then can we possibly discuss such a sensitive topic when those entrenched few have repeatedly shown they have no such desire to debate with even a hint of awareness to what proven statistics are clearly highlighting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Bla bla bla durka durka left wing apologist bla bla I know more despite being blatantly ignorant bla bla bla durka.

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Bla bla bla durka durka left wing apologist bla bla I know more despite being blatantly ignorant bla bla bla durka.

Excellent contribution, your sincere empathy for these victims of sexual assault is duly noted"

OP posts thread to discuss the demonstrably evident correlation between Islam and the sexual abuse of thousands of vulnerable girls and women in the UK.

Those same posters who will rightly condemn the sins of Catholicism but will shout "Racist, Bigot, and Xenophobe" from the rooftops should anyone dare critique Islam, soon enter the discussion... I say soon, but they routinely appear almost instantly after any such thread is posted

There is no ‘correlation’ between Islam and this abuse. Are you claiming that there’s a correlation between Catholicism and the paedophilic abuse ring in a Limerick? If not, why make this claim for the abusers in Halifax?

As for disappearing - well that’s rather more your style, isn’t it?

Try this very thread ‘mate’.

Which ones? I can't see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

There is no ‘correlation’ between Islam and this abuse. Are you claiming that there’s a correlation between Catholicism and the paedophilic abuse ring in a Limerick? If not, why make this claim for the abusers in Halifax?

Maybe research Islam specially A'isha.

• Advertisement

That would be a ‘no’ then. And anyone is free to read those links and learn fir themselves that the maximum sentence is ten years. If they actually pay attention, that is.

From the third link:

The sentences are de facto for not wearing hijab. Just because they break up the sentence among "different" offences does not change the reality that some women are serving up to 33 years in prison simply for not wearing a scarf. One woman imprisoned in Tehran became pregnant, because they are effectively caged to be raped at leisure by the guards, and appealed to her brother for help. The brother asked the guards to allow him access and so he walked past them and shot her in the head (with impunity) for disgracing the family.

Oh Alistair, I hope you were not one of those small boys who wished that when he grew up he would be juggling semantics in defense of Islamo-fascist regimes. But if you were, then ...congratulations I guess...

The sentences are de facto for not wearing hijab. Just because they break up the sentence among "different" offences does not change the reality that some women are serving up to 33 years in prison simply for not wearing a scarf.

Except they’re not. The other sentences are for broader activism - not simply the hijab. And multiple sentences in Iran run concurrently, so those with varied sentences will only serve the longest single sentence, minus the usual early release.

Oh Alistair, I hope you were not one of those small boys who wished that when he grew up he would be juggling semantics in defense of Islamo-fascist regimes. But if you were, then ...congratulations I guess...

I’m not defending anything but honesty in posting. Your attempt to defend a lie is not doing anyone any good whatsoever. It not semantics, it’s a lie.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Maybe research Islam specially A'isha.

What age was Mary in the Christian bible?

Except they’re not. The other sentences are for broader activism - not simply the hijab. And multiple sentences in Iran run concurrently, so those with varied sentences will only serve the longest single sentence, minus the usual early release.

I will inform Mr Rouhani he is missing an advocate for his regime practices..I'd say the pay is quite good, Ali

There is no ‘correlation’ between Islam and this abuse.

Do please post any such scientific article or study that proves your claim, I'm completely open to honest informed debate unlike so many others.

I personally cannot prove as "Fact" that there "Is" a correlation between Islam and sexual abuse, but looking at conviction rates of sexual attacks and the religions of the attackers in such cases which illustrates higher numbers of men of Pakistani heritage than might be expected when their minority position in the general populace would suggest, I certainly believe it's an avenue which deserves mature debate.

I have zero recognition of your username, I do not know who you are, I do not know why you might want to make the claim above, but most importantly I do not care.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A concise illustration of how a forum with so much potential is ruined by a select vocal few;

Those same posters who will rightly condemn the sins of Catholicism but will shout "Racist, Bigot, and Xenophobe" from the rooftops should anyone dare critique Islam, soon enter the discussion... I say soon, but they routinely appear almost instantly after any such thread is posted, I do envy their free time.
    Indeed. Boo to Catholicism, but sure Islam is misunderstood. Even though it makes Catholicism look crazy liberal in some regards. It's the old European thing of loving and making excuses for the exotic. That sh1t's catnip to us. That and a particularly local attitude to one faith, because of an equally particularly local history with it as not far off Vatican State II.

The above poster hasn't returned to this thread with any such facts which might dismiss the link between Islam and sexual abuse nor should we expect them to. How then can we possibly discuss such a sensitive topic when those entrenched few have repeatedly shown they have no such desire to debate with even a hint of awareness to what proven statistics are clearly highlighting ?
    Well, to be fair it's a complex thing. Does Islam as a faith and philosophy encourage sexual abuse? No, or certainly no more than any other Abrahamic faith. Faiths which all have olde worlde attitudes around sexuality and "modesty". The main difference is that mainstream Judaism and Christianity softened that nonsense over the last few centuries and are less in play as faiths in the developed world anyway.

This trend and it certainly looks like one has many fathers. The olde worlde attitudes around sexuality and "modesty" being one daddy, the multicultural flashpoints between communities another. In Norway they have classes for newly arrived migrants where they are educated in the different social and sexual mores of Norway compared to their home cultures. In many of them and not just Islamic, women are seen and not heard and not much of them is seen either. Women who are seen as "immodest" in those cultures are more likely to be equated with being whores and of less value with a side order of open season on them, particularly among the less educated. A social, sexual and ethnic racism as such. Some are apparently shocked to see "half naked" women in the street and open shows of what they see as sexual intimacy. Now the latter is no excuse or explanation in a modern educated society like Britain. But mix in attitudes like that and a feeling of alienation from and towards British society that is almost a given in long standing "multicultural" societies and a reticence on the part of some of the more Right On to discuss or even point to it and here we are.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I will inform Mr Rouhani he is missing an advocate for his regime practices..I'd say the pay is quite good, Ali

Keep avoiding dealing with what I’m actually posting. A straw man argument will serve you much better. 🙄

Keep avoiding dealing with what I’m actually posting. A straw man argument will serve you much better. 🙄

This thread is about sexual abuse in the UK, what has Iran's oh so lenient penalty of 10 years in prison for refusing to wear the Hijab have to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ah that's the men for you - Muslim, Christian, Hindu, whatever, they do love the raping.

Advertisement