Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamic Rape Gangs and Islamic Terrorism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Do please post any such scientific article or study that proves your claim, I'm completely open to honest informed debate unlike so many others.

I personally cannot prove as "Fact" that there "Is" a correlation between Islam and sexual abuse, but looking at conviction rates of sexual attacks and the religions of the attackers in such cases which illustrates higher numbers of men of Pakistani heritage than might be expected when their minority position in the general populace would suggest, I certainly believe it's an avenue which deserves mature debate.

I have zero recognition of your username, I do not know who you are, I do not know why you might want to make the claim above, but most importantly I do not care.

Well, you’ll be delighted to hear I really don’t care about your unwarranted claims either. And you’re seemingly happy to bypass a bunch of other, rather more compelling arguments as to why one particular strand of U.K. society might be in jail for sexual offences and go straight to a ‘correlation’ with a religion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

alastair wrote: »
    What age was Mary in the Christian bible?
    Actually it doesn't mention her age at any point. Indeed the Gospels mention her remarkably few times given how big a role she later played in that religion. IIRC Mark mentions her the most and about ten times, all around the coming season's events. The others mention her about the same number of times altogether. Half the time not even by name. Islam has a much deeper backstory to her and gives her far more airtime. But nope her age is unknown, though funny enough or not, is often trotted out by supporters of Islam when dealing with Christian's questioning some very young ages of wives in Islamic texts. In Islam IIRC her age isn't given either, beyond a general "young".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This thread is about sexual abuse in the UK, what has Iran's oh so lenient penalty of 10 years in prison for refusing to wear the Hijab have to do with it?

I’m responding to a false claim, in this thread, that the Iranians are doling out life sentences for not wearing a hijab. What has your whinging about how people choose to post got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

This thread is about sexual abuse in the UK,

Nah. The thread is about highlighting crimes by dark skinned people (fordiners) - why do you think Christy was left out of the OPs list?

The only white in the village?

Wibbs wrote: »
    Actually it doesn't mention her age at any point. Indeed the Gospels mention her remarkably few times given how big a role she later played in that religion. IIRC Mark mentions her the most and about ten times, all around the coming season's events. The others mention her about the same number of times altogether. Half the time not even by name. Islam has a much deeper backstory to her and gives her far more airtime. But nope her age is unknown, though funny enough or not, is often trotted out by supporters of Islam when dealing with Christian's questioning some very young ages of wives in Islamic texts. In Islam IIRC her age isn't given either, beyond a general "young".

Ditto for Aisha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

rather more compelling arguments as to why one particular strand of U.K. society might be in jail for sexual offences and go straight to a ‘correlation’ with a religion.

No such compelling argument appeared on this thread, care to link to it?

I’m responding to a false claim, in this thread, that the Iranians are doling out life sentences for not wearing a hijab. What has your whinging about how people choose to post got to do with it?

Whinging? You're honestly getting flustered very easily here which I'm genuinely not attempting to do, but if I have that affect on you do please ignore me, life is too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

If you stole sweeties, Alastair, and got 25 years, 10 for corrupting innocent confectionary, 10 for publicly secreting sweeties in your pockets, and 5 for entering the sweeties emporium, are you going to deny you got 25 years for stealing sweeties?
    The main charge on the scarf is prostitution. The other activist charges are all related to the one offense of not wearing a scarf. You are playing the lawyer game.

The Iranian thing is tangentially related because some on here claim we have encultured misogyny to the same degree as in some Islamic countries where a woman will be imprisoned for decades for not wearing a scarf. Which is a lie, according to Alastair.

Boggles wrote: »
    Nah. The thread is about highlighting crimes by dark skinned people (fordiners)?

Really, my mistake, I was under the impression it was to discuss why, not a race, but an ideology which views women as subservients might treat women as, well, subservients?

Well, for a start, as I’ve already posted - the incarceration stats for Muslims in the U.K. need to be viewed within two unarguable realities - firstly there are prison conversions - Muslims who were not Muslims before they started serving their time, which is a dynamic not found with other religions in prison, and secondly, the demographic for Muslims in the U.K. is different to the general population - they are younger, and consequently more likely, all things being equal, to be serving time.

• Advertisement

Really, my mistake,

That's okay. You'll know next time.

Ditto for Aisha.

Well that's clearly not true, the Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī claims her as being 6 years old when she was married to Muhammad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ditto for Aisha.
    Nope, 'fraid not. While her age isn't given in the Quran, her date of birth is known and her age at betrothal and marriage is in various Hadith and ones considered reliable with it. Bukhari has her betrothed at six and married at nine(some other sources say ten, most say nine, likely as copies of Bukhari). Much is made of her youth and virginity, especially as a comparison to his other wives and how she is first among them.

For future reference, maybe you should try to argue from a point of actual knowledge rather than third hand opinion and ignorance. You've displayed both in your last two posts on these matters.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Really, my mistake, I was under the impression it was to discuss why, not a race, but an ideology which views women as subservients might treat women as, well, subservients?

You’ll be pretty hard pressed to find big religions anywhere that don’t treat women as subservient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Ditto for Aisha.
    Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Actually it is, 6 years was the age she married and age of 9 she was no longer a virgin

Wibbs is referring to the fact that Mary's age isn't given in Islamic texts, you're referring to Aisha Tastasdf. Alastair, Aisha's age is given in Islamic text as Tastasdf stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Cordell

You’ll be pretty hard pressed to find big religions anywhere that don’t treat women as subservient.

All abrahamic religions treat women as inferior, that is true. Also true is that one does it more than the others.

And you’re seemingly happy to bypass a bunch of other, rather more compelling arguments as to why one particular strand of U.K. society might be in jail for sexual offences and go straight to a ‘correlation’ with a religion.

firstly there are prison conversions - Muslims who were not Muslims before they started serving their time, which is a dynamic not found with other religions in prison, and secondly, the demographic for Muslims in the U.K. is different to the general population - they are younger, and consequently more likely, all things being equal, to be serving time.

This... is not a compelling argument.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nope, 'fraid not. While her age isn't given in the Quran, her date of birth is known and her age at betrothal and marriage is in various Hadith and ones considered reliable with it. Bukhari has her betrothed at six and married at nine(some other sources say ten, most say nine, likely as copies of Bukhari). Much is made of her youth and virginity, especially as a comparison to his other wives and how she is first among them.

For future reference, maybe you should try to argue from a point of actual knowledge rather than third hand opinion and ignorance. You've displayed both in your last two posts on these matters.

Fraud not - you can make exactly the same claim for the age of Mary on the basis of apocrypha - the Christian equivalent of the Hadiths, so again - ditto.

For future reference, maybe don’t over-estimate your knowledge?

What’s factually incorrect?

Exactly, but if I post a critique of Catholicism's views toward women it will go largely unchallenged, post a critique on Islam's views toward women... something something Racist, something something bigot, something something Iran's not bad lads, sure you only get ten years in prison for not putting on your scarf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Fraud not - you can make exactly the same claim for the age of Mary on the basis of apocrypha - the Christian equivalent of the Hadiths, so again - ditto.

For future reference, maybe don’t over-estimate your knowledge?

apocrypha and sahih hadiths are nothing alike. The Apocrypha's authorship isn't even fully known and is a fringe document, sahih hadiths are a central part of the islamic faith

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Exactly, but if I post a critique of Catholicism's views toward women it will go largely unchallenged, post a critique on Islam's views toward women... something something Racist, something something bigot, something something Iran's not bad lads, sure you only get ten years in prison for not putting on your scarf.

Different rules for brown people, sure they can't be held to the same standard as white westerners

WrenBoy wrote: »
    apocrypha and sahih hadiths are nothing alike. The Apocrypha's authorship isn't even fully known and is a fringe document, sahih hadiths are a central part of the islamic faith
    Three for three on his dearth of knowledge outside of his comfort zone and echo chambers.

Do you accept that, with a population of 3 million (out of 65 million in the UK), there is a disproportionate number of rape gangs from India/Pakistan that are routinely implicated in this kind of crime?

Or, do you deny that fact!?

We can talk theology until the cows come home, but unless we acknowledge this fundamental reality, all other talk becomes meaningless academic debate.

Do you accept that, with a population of 3 million (out of 65 million in the UK), there is a disproportionate number of rape gangs from India/Pakistan that are routinely implicated in this kind of crime?

We can talk theology until the cows come home, but unless we acknowledge this fundamental reality, all other talk becomes meaningless academic debate.

Why did you leave Christy out of your list?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Astonishing that people say this is never discussed or show in MSM, but seemingly we have a discussion about this weekly and whenever something happens, it gets reported quite widely on the news.

Weirdly though we rarely have threads about human trafficking from Eastern Europe, which is a massive problem.

Indeed, there are a fair amount of posters here for whom crime is only worth highlighting if the perpetrator is a Muslim, all the while railing against 'identity politics'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

new stats suggest attacks in Ireland have soared, i would say that is in tandem with the cocaine going mainstream

WrenBoy wrote: »

Both missives written long after the players were long gone, both subject to theological dispute and varied interpretations, the apocrypha are official scriptural canon according to the Catholic Church. That’s not really fringe - it’s just as central.

Indeed, culture is a large factor in this. Not exactly many Syrian, Jordanian, Indonesian Muslims are showing up involved in this sorta thing. Further, not exactly too many Indian Hindu's and Sheikhs either, or Pakistani Christians for that matter. It appears to be a particular cultural mix involved, outside of religion or background. We see similar with Catholic Church abuse. The particular strain of Irish Catholicism seems to be more likely than say Italian, French or Spanish.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Why did you leave Christy out of your list?

I've answered this question three times now.

Fourth and final time: 15/16 -- or 93.75% -- of those implicated in the rape gang were of Islamic background.

That theme replicates itself throughout the UK, whether it's Rotherham or other less well known cases.

That's the core problem. Yes, that other rapist is equally as abhorrent an individual, but what we musn't lose sight of is the much wider question of why these 90+% Islamic rape gangs exist and what can be done to stop it.

What doesn't help is to deny this problem exists.

If you believe 94% -- or 90% in the case of Rotherham convictions -- is a coincidence, you are perfectly welcome to bury your head in the proverbial sand. The rest of us will move on to identify the problem and perhaps offer some realistic means to address it.

Advertisement