Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam texts pretending to be from BOI

Options
  • 18-12-2019 4:39pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Over the past few days I have received 2 texts from Bank of Ireland but I think both of them are probably scams of some sort.
    I haven't opened any new accounts as referenced in the messages although I do have one current account with you for a very long time. 

I've attached a screenshot of the two messages for you hopefully it is helpful. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Miamee,

Thanks for posting here today on Boards.ie.

We can confirm these are legitimate text messages from ourselves. It would appear that another customer has an incorrect mobile number registered on their account. This would be why you are getting the messages.

We will certainly link in with our support team to ensure you do not receive any future text messages of this nature.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch and highlight this with us.

We hope you have a lovely evening.
    Richard

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks Richard, that didn't even occur to me! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

Advertisement