Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance advice

Options
  • 18-12-2019 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, my car renewal is up soon. I’m a young driver with 2 years ncb. Just when my renewal is up, I’m planning on going on holidays for 4-8 weeks. Can I start my insurance policy at a later date? And my premium price not be affected. I don’t want to end up paying a higher price as it is already a huge price. Or am I better paying for the insurance at renewal date and not say anything about going on holiday? Or would I be better off renewing my policy and then suspending it? Please keep in mind I don’t want to pay a higher premium thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Hi Bella,

Can you please contact our call centre on 1890 89 1890 we are open to 7pm and agent will be able to advise you of the best options come your renewal.

Thanks Rachel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I had the same thought for the same reason a few years ago, but someone pointed out to me that if my car was stolen or spontaneously combusted while I was away, it wouldn't be covered - just something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bella2020

Hi Bella,

Can you please contact our call centre on 1890 89 1890 we are open to 7pm and agent will be able to advise you of the best options come your renewal.

Thanks Rachel

But my issue is, I want to know the facts. I don’t want to be pushed into a hole by an insurance company because I tell them everything. I want to know in a normal scenario if my insurance was up for renewal, can I start the policy lets say in 2 months time at the same price?

Or would I be better off renewing and then suspending my insurance?

Or else just letting the insurance run on and just pay for it

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Bella2020 wrote: »
    Hi Bella,

Thanks Rachel

But my issue is, I want to know the facts. I don’t want to be pushed into a hole by an insurance company because I tell them everything. I want to know in a normal scenario if my insurance was up for renewal, can I start the policy lets say in 2 months time at the same price?

Or would I be better off renewing and then suspending my insurance?

Or else just letting the insurance run on and just pay for it
    You can suspend your policy but payment would have to be made for renewal. If you choose to let your policy stop and come to us for a new business quotation it is depending on the rates of insurance at the time to what premium would be quoted. I can request a call back for you as there is details we need to discuss on how to suspend your policy etc.

Thanks Rachel

Advertisement