Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting fees

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It will be listed on the itemized bill of course....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

beauf wrote: »
    It will be listed on the itemized bill of course....;)

So you haven't a clue either.ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

exaisle wrote: »
    So you haven't a clue either.ðŸ‘

This year I was involved in 3 sets of accounts so I know how long they took.

Even if didn't we know, we do know roughly how much they cost from this thread, though interestingly most avoided answering that question directly and were quite passive aggressive about it. One person did break it down. So based on that, and how much labour cost you could guess how long it took even if you didn't know.

Reading between the lines I take it then that itemised bills isn't very common either.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

It seems to me that very few people here know how much time is involved in preparing accounts, doing ct tax return, annual return to the companies office and this year only, return of beneficial ownership.

Any guesses?

It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string question" the size of the company, the assets they hold, area of business, costs of doing business in that sector will determine the overall length it's going to take.

Time wrote: »
    It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string question" the size of the company, the assets they hold, area of business, costs of doing business in that sector will determine the overall length it's going to take.

I think it's a dormant company.

It's looking like those who know how much work/time is involved in a job like this are keeping schtum. I wonder why...

• Advertisement

I think it's a dormant company.

It's looking like those who know how much work/time is involved in a job like this are keeping schtum. I wonder why...

A) It's already been discussed.
    B) What exactly is it about your sunny disposition do you think would compel anyone to take the trouble to help?

A) It's already been discussed.
    B) What exactly is it about your sunny disposition do you think would compel anyone to take the trouble to help?

A) I don't believe it has. I'm talking in terms of hours spent, rather than the level of fees charged. It's a legitimate questions. A lot of people are expressing opinions on the actual fees charged and whether that fee is justified, or reasonable, but I'm not sure whether they have any idea of how much time is involved in doing a job like the one described.

B) See A) above. Anybody who has an opinion on the level of fees should be aware of how much time the particular job might take. As regards my sunny disposition, doesn't everybody on boards.ie share the same sunny disposition? Particularly in the depths of winter..

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This was never a consumer issue - it's B2B - and is now going around in circles. Will decide whether to move to E&BM or lock later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

L1011 wrote: »
    This was never a consumer issue - it's B2B - and is now going around in circles. Will decide whether to move to E&BM or lock later.

I posted that this was resolved long ago. Its being kept open so the soap box brigade can voice their "opinions".

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

D3V!L wrote: »
    I posted that this was resolved long ago. Its being kept open so the soap box brigade can voice their "opinions".

Locked it is then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement