Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this car has been photographed

Options
  • 18-12-2019 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

My father noticed a sticker on his windscreen recently which is basically a small circular sticker which has a camera lens on it and says this car has been photographed. Anyone know what these are about or had one put on their car??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Did he buy it recently? It may just be the dealer's own sticker to tell which cars have been photographed for their website, DoneDeal etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Maybe he parked it somewhere wrong and some busy body has these stickers and took a photo and was going to report him to the council or the Gardai and wanted him to know. As if they will do anything.

Pull it off and ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    My father noticed a sticker on his windscreen recently which is basically a small circular sticker which has a camera lens on it and says this car has been photographed. Anyone know what these are about or had one put on their car??
    Can you upload the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Did he park really badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Maybe he parked it somewhere wrong
    Pull it off and ignore.

If he parked it somewhere wrong, there's another option available....just saying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭corkgirl17

He did buy the car recently, it's a brand new car. He also parked quickly in a loading bay recently so he was wondering if it was like a parking ticket but I'd imagine if it was a parking ticket it would state it. I have a picture but don't know how to upload.

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    He did buy the car recently, it's a brand new car. He also parked quickly in a loading bay recently so he was wondering if it was like a parking ticket but I'd imagine if it was a parking ticket it would state it. I have a picture but don't know how to upload.

I'd say it's from the dealership.
    Parking tickets don't give you a notification receipt these days I think you just get the letter in the post. You don't get a sticker though AFAIR.

It's just a sticker by a disgruntled retired male who takes issue with his parking

In my line of work I deal with a lot of complaints and requests from the public.

Lots of concerned mother's off young children but the most cantankerous are the retired males with feck all better to do only complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If he parked it somewhere wrong, there's another option available....just saying...

Crushing in to a cube? I agree.

EDIT, ah I see hes in the "just for 5 minutes " club . Definitely crush it.

It's just a sticker by a disgruntled retired male who takes issue with his parking

That seems weirdly specific.
    I don't think stickers are their style though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Keep an eye on the bad parking no chat allowed on motors... Could end up on that....

Some wonderful parking such as on crossings, front doors to shops, traffic lights, etc etc...

Park there again.
    Unless they were personally put out by him parking there, then what is it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Crushing in to a cube? I agree.

EDIT, ah I see hes in the "just for 5 minutes " club . Definitely crush it.

Here is a video of what happened...

Park there again.
    Unless they were personally put out by him parking there, then what is it to them?

Let's recap:
    It's a sticker by a disgruntled retired male who takes issue with his parking, but wasn't personally put out by him parking there.

Still not sure...what's the next clue please Conor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Communists / Marxists are here .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Park there again.

Yes, we should all just keep the head down, look out for mé féin, and forget the greater common good. That’s how great societies are built. You nailed it.

Advertisement