Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny's big interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

What a wonderfully balanced and insightful thread. Well done lads.

Are you from the group of people that refer to themselves as working class, but never done a days work in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sosndt

It doesn't seem to be happening here, thankfully. Our history of emigration means that there's a lot more empathy towards immigrants than in some other countries.

Must be so lonely and frustrating to be a racist in Ireland. :)

Unfortunately I don't think he is alone..
    Nazi trumpists seem to be around alright

mgn wrote: »
    I take it you were not around when Brian Cowan was Taoiseach, the level of abuse that man got day and night by the media was sicking, with cartoons pictures, nicknames and personal abuse everyday of week, the same so called journalist and radio, tv presenters have never said a word about Leo, why, because the racist, homophobic card would be out straight away.

So you're saying we should racially abuse him?
    Excellent reasoning there.

That and his daily rant about Trump, his hatred for the man is unreal.

Everyone should hate trump. He represents everything that is bad in human instincts.

sosndt wrote: »
    So you're saying we should racially abuse him?
    Excellent reasoning there.

No, but he should be held to account without the fear of being accused of racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Everyone should hate trump. He represents everything that is bad in human instincts.

But,isn't hatred a bad human instinct?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

road_high wrote: »
    Time the lefty media mafia grew up and allow rational debate on sensible migration control.
    The only way to show the lefty media is at the ballot box where they have no control

Immigration is a function of Capitalism as was pointed out by Engels/Marx a long time ago when they spoke of 'the Reserve Army of Labour'.

Regular people are voting for mega-privileged morons like Trump and BoJo as anti-establishment figures when these people would sell them into slavery if they could get away with it.

It's completely fucked-up back-to-front-and-upside-down-ism.

Trump represented the people who feel they can't criticise anything for fear of being labelled racist. Much like Casey went from a nobody to a political celebrity overnight when he said what a lot of people were thinking but felt they weren't allowed to say.

To be honest, the word 'racist' is such a nonsense word in itself and has no meaning anymore. It's been diluted and over-used so much that i don't think anyone actually raises an eyebrow anymore to it's use.

In relation to Varadker, i think his speech for the people who get up early, and his subsequent actions that completely dismiss those people, are what has the general public irritated. There's a very real section of Irish people who are sick of what they view as a 'handout culture' and they're fed up paying for others.

When Varadker gave his little speech a lot of people got excited about it. Then he may aswell have disappeared for the years after it as he hasn't done anything of worth, except oversee various scandals, cost overruns, etc. through the years. I am not Saying Enda Kenny was the best leader of all time, but he makes Varadker look like a real chump by comparison (and they're the same feckin' party :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Leo does not know how to lead, he wants to take credit for everything but does fcuk all except take advantage of free concert tickets and having his photo taken :rolleyes: Pat went too easy on him

• Advertisement

Must be so lonely and frustrating to be a racist in Ireland. :)

Not really, since if you accept the traveller community as a race or ethnicity, then there's quite a few Irish racists out there. There's extremely little racism in Ireland towards black people or simply based on skin color. It's more down to racism associated with nationality or culture. TBH these days with the way that the word Racism has been watered down to include so much, there's probably far more "racists" now than ever before.

Being anti or critical of immigration doesn't make you a racist. They'd need to be objecting primarily due to race issues for that to happen. Instead, most people I know in Ireland who are against migration, are doing so for financial/economic reasons and the governments inability to plan long term for the consequences of multiculturalism. There are consequences, you know?

Irish people are more accepting of migration because it's a relatively new thing for them. Older people are still getting over the shock that people would actually want to come to Ireland to live, rather than leave. Whereas younger people grew up with the internet and social media, so they're more willing to accept multiculturalism since it's so common elsewhere. It seems to be only the media and posters on the internet, who harp on about Irelands own past history of migrating to other countries.
    Yes there’s complete and utter naivety and lack of any critical analysis here when it comes to migration. Dare question migration = instant “racism” label in Ireland.

Pretty much. It's easier then to paint the objectors as a minority then. I do think there's value in making a distinction between migration from other "western" or "European" countries as opposed to migration from Africa, Middle East etc. Most people I've encountered have no issue with migration from other first world nations or from cultures similar to our own. The objections tend to start when it comes to the migration policies relating to peoples from 3rd world countries or such.

But that's not really allowed, because then, you're being reasonable, and that can't really be allowed. ;)
    The USA and uk were built on migration, as were countries like Poland and Hungary. Yet they’re mature enough to have reasoned debate and control

The US faces extreme problems with it's type of migration, as does the UK. Only the US was built on migration though. The UK was primarily a white anglo saxon ethnicity right up until just after ww2.

Poland? Poland is primarily a white population, and is extremely against migration from many sources. Hungary? Built on migration, really?

Your points seems at odds with questioning migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Are you from the group of people that refer to themselves as working class, but never done a days work in their lives.

No.
    Are you a racist?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

I hope Murphy stands as an Independent and gets elected ahead of the FG candidate.

She's not standing in my area unfortunately but i seriously like the cut of her jib and i hope she get's elected. We need more people of her ilk to stand up and say enough is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Verona Murphy was spot on. Time the lefty media mafia grew up and allow rational debate on sensible migration control.

She reckons it was FG stopping her. The 'lefty' media has an interview with her today were she's trolling for ignorant support. She's a chancer in the mold of Casey. Do you think Travelers keep Casey awake at night? Do they f***, he couldn't give a monkeys.

Is it the lefty media formally owned by Anthony O'Reilyl, then Denis O'Brien or the radio one owned by Denis O'Brien or the one beholden to the state looking for money off Fine Gael? Lefty my hole. Annoying to be a minority isn't it? ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Same fools falling for the same ****e from chancers like Verona Murphy and Peter Casey.

She hasn’t a prayer of getting elected. FG voters won’t go back to her and both FG and FF have each of the 4 major urban areas covered. Plus SF in Enniscorthy (if Mythen runs again) and Labour in Wexford town with Howlin.

Plus, she’ll get absolutely no transfers as shown in the recent by-election when she lost to FF and Labour.

If she can’t beat Labours second choice she doesn’t stand a chance against an experienced campaigner like Howlin.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Same fools falling for the same ****e from chancers like Verona Murphy and Peter Casey.

She hasn’t a prayer of getting elected. FG voters won’t go back to her and both FG and FF have each of the 4 major urban areas covered. Plus SF in Enniscorthy (if Mythen runs again) and Labour in Wexford town with Howlin.

Plus, she’ll get absolutely no transfers as shown in the recent by-election when she lost to FF and Labour.

If she can’t beat Labours second choice she doesn’t stand a chance against an experienced campaigner like Howlin.

So your calling the 9000+ people in Wexford fools that voted for her, what i would like know, what do call the current government's ministers if you call murphy a chancer.

She reckons it was FG stopping her. The 'lefty' media has an interview with her today were she's trolling for ignorant support. She's a chancer in the mold of Casey. Do you think Travelers keep Casey awake at night? Do they f***, he couldn't give a monkeys.

Is it the lefty media formally owned by Anthony O'Reilyl, then Denis O'Brien or the radio one owned by Denis O'Brien or the one beholden to the state looking for money off Fine Gael? Lefty my hole. Annoying to be a minority isn't it? ;)

Did you hear the interview with Ivan Yates this evening, FG silenced her and would not allow her to do any interviews,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So your calling the 9000+ people in Wexford fools that voted for her, what i would like know, what do call the current government's ministers if you call murphy a chancer.

Like we were saying if you don’t buy into the happy clappy world of endless migration= A foolish racist. This is the level of debate you get with these people, it’s no different on this thread. Any legitimate concerns re migration will be shouted down with “racism” or lack of sophistication. There simply no comparison between Murphy and Casey as she’s had ongoing and direct experience of the migrant issue through the haulage industry. But to the D4 set these hardworking peasants are irrelevant, just like those who get up every morning to work are irrelevant to Dear Leo.

Faugheen wrote: »

Experienced “campaigner” like Howlin made me laugh- he’s a useless has been politician that hasn’t been relevant since circa 2010. Only gets elected because of the Labour tradition in Wexford. Malcolm Byrne is of the same boring vanilla stand for nothing blandness. 9500 plus No 1 votes is an extremely strong first time vote with almost zero party support and bodes very well for her election- has this been replicated in a D election she’d be a TD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Wait why do people hate varadkar again? Reminds me of the hatred for Obama in the us, no actual proof of serious malicious negligence, just obvious bigotry and attribution of all pending social(and sometimes personal) issues to the leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I’m a road at the moment and the politicians here have rationale and heated debate. They aren’t afraid of offending people etc. I’d love to see then discuss our welfare state ! Pat Kenny can do one. So can that lying fraud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Wait why do people hate varadkar again? Reminds me of the hatred for Obama in the us, no actual proof of serious malicious negligence, just obvious bigotry and attribution of all pending social(and sometimes personal) issues to the leader.

My own opinion is he's like naan bread, he's bland, he has nothing going for him except he's a pretty face in front of the camera, he has failed in every government post he has held, he's afraid to make hard decisions, he's more interested in playing the media than telling it out straight, he's a media whore, he represents an upper middle class minority, he's a doctor who would do more good practicing medicine than being a bad popular politician, he projects a good image around the world but that's all, he rules over a health system that's bursting at the seams, a social welfare system that's too generous, a private insurance industry who can act with impunity, a legal system that lets paedophiles go free and rewards people for stupidity

I know its not all his doing but he's doing nothing to fix these issues, he's more interested in getting his picture taken doing fun runs or turning up at gay pride events because it makes him look like a man of the people, Varadkar is as smooth as silk and as useful as pair of tits at a gay orgy, if all the above is what makes me a bigot then that's fine, in plain language he's a useless prick.

Because he promised to look after workers- he gets into power and restores the Christmas bonus for those on Jobseekers. Zero to do with ethnicity etc but a useful deflection for some

My own opinion is he's like naan bread, he's bland, he has nothing going for him except he's a pretty face in front of the camera, he has failed in every government post he has held, he's afraid to make hard decisions, he's more interested in playing the media than telling it out straight, he's a media whore, he represents an upper middle class minority, he's a doctor who would do more good practicing medicine than being a bad popular politician, he projects a good image around the world but that's all, he rules over a health system that's bursting at the seams, a social welfare system that's too generous, a private insurance industry who can act with impunity, a legal system that lets paedophiles go free and rewards people for stupidity

I know its not all his doing but he's doing nothing to fix these issues, he's more interested in getting his picture taken doing fun runs or turning up at gay pride events because it makes him look like a man of the people, Varadkar is as smooth as silk and as useful as pair of tits at a gay orgy, if all the above is what makes me a bigot then that's fine, in plain language he's a useless prick.

Anything he does (which is very little) is all choreographed stuff for the media, social media and usually involves meeting the UN or some other foreigners. I don’t think there was ever a Taoiseach so Ill at ease with the ordinary Irish man or woman. His awkwardness around Verona Murphy and in general “culchies” is actually painful to watch. Not that he’s any better around working class city folk. I think he’ll be quite a short lived Taoiseach- I can’t see him getting a mandate from the electorate to continue the vain of nothingness that have marked his last two years in office.

Did you hear the interview with Ivan Yates this evening, FG silenced her and would not allow her to do any interviews,

No. I read the one where she claimed she miss spoke and retracted her initial comments. She's either a liar or easily steered.
    Like we were saying if you don’t buy into the happy clappy world of endless migration= A foolish racist. This is the level of debate you get with these people, it’s no different on this thread. Any legitimate concerns re migration will be shouted down with “racism” or lack of sophistication. There simply no comparison between Murphy and Casey as she’s had ongoing and direct experience of the migrant issue through the haulage industry. But to the D4 set these hardworking peasants are irrelevant, just like those who get up every morning to work are irrelevant to Dear Leo.

Not wanting to de-program asylum seekers is not 'happy clappy endless migration'. If you can't be honest why bother?

Record breaking national crises might give you a hint. Allowing Dara Murphy double job with expenses for two years. Pandering to vulture funds giving them low taxation etc.

If the housing crisis wasn't riding everyone maybe they could cut back on welfare? Just a thought.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Experienced “campaigner” like Howlin made me laugh- he’s a useless has been politician that hasn’t been relevant since circa 2010. Only gets elected because of the Labour tradition in Wexford. Malcolm Byrne is of the same boring vanilla stand for nothing blandness. 9500 plus No 1 votes is an extremely strong first time vote with almost zero party support and bodes very well for her election- has this been replicated in a D election she’d be a TD now.

Lol. You’re laughing at the idea that Howlin’s an experienced campaigner?

He topped the poll in 2016 when his own party got walloped.

How can you read the above and think it’s laughable that’s he’s an experience campaigner?

Whatever your opinions are of him, he gets himself elected and very easily so. So you can dislike him all you want but it’s an absolute fact that he’s an experienced campaigner. I understand he’s out every Saturday canvassing and it was the same when he was minister. He knows the game, and he’s damn good at it.

Even Labour’s second choice beat Verona Murphy after overturning a 1400 vote deficit. She’s transfer toxic and that’s what you need to get over the line because nobody in Wexford is beating Howlin or getting anywhere near close to a quota.

And she did have party support. She had Leo and Coveney out canvassing with her and Charlie Flanagan standing by her side the entire time. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about in multiple facets. When Kehoe and D’Arcy are in the running she won’t be getting 9,500 votes. Where is she going to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It's just politics...look at how quickly Enda Kenny has been forgotten...Enda Who ?...same with Bertie,Charlie or Sean T.....

All bosses have to be able to accept this oul nonsense,otherwise nothing would ever get done !

P.S. don't forget Donald Trump :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

No, but he should be held to account without the fear of being accused of racism.

I agree. Unless what your saying is racist.
    Or your only saying it because you are racist.

• Advertisement

But,isn't hatred a bad human instinct?

Yes but unless your an imaginary longhaired hippy in the sky i think it's also normal.

Advertisement